2007 Honda Gold Wing GL1800 – Full specifications (NOTE: No changes other than
colors for the 2008 model year)
The 2007 Honda Gold Wing elevates luxury motorcycling to a higher plane with the
advent of satellite navigation, 80-watt-per-channel premium audio, a cold-weather
comfort package and an industry-first fully integrated rider airbag available on the full-
Features & Benefits
New for 2007 - New colors Metallic Black, Dark Blue Metallic, Metallic Silver and Dark
Orange Metallic join Dark Red Metallic.
Unique Features – Model selections
Package 1: Base model includes State-of-the-Art Premium Audio System
- 80-watt-per-channel power amplifier provides clear, crisp sound at all highway speeds.
- Six-element speaker system includes two rear speakers and a pair of front tweeters for a
rich, full sound quality.
- Tuner features auto bass control combined with auto volume control.
Package 2: Pkg 1 + Honda Satellite Linked Navigation System and comfort system
- Fully integrated navigation system with color screen.
- Complete United States and Canada mapping with points of interest installed.
- Points-of-interest information includes Honda dealers, fuel stations, restaurants,
lodging, attractions, transportation, government and emergency information and saved
rider's input with home function.
- Voice prompting through headsets or speakers.
- On-screen text guidance and pop-up menus.
- Easy-to-use handlebar- and fairing-mounted controls.
Cold-Weather Comfort Package
- Five-position heated grips for cold-weather riding.
- Five-position heated seat/backrest combination with individual rider and passenger
controls for optimum comfort.
- Foot-warming system channels engine-heated air over the rider's feet and is controlled
by a fairing-mounted lever.
Package 3: Includes 1+2+ABS
Package 4: Includes all + Airbag
- Industry-first fully integrated rider airbag on a motorcycle.
- The airbag module contains the airbag and inflator and is positioned in front of the
- The airbag ECU, positioned to the right of the module, analyzes signals from the crash
sensors to determine whether or not to inflate the airbag.
- Four crash sensors attached two per side on the front fork detect changes in acceleration
caused by frontal impacts.
- From the moment an impact is recognized as a collision, only 0.015 seconds elapses
until the airbag inflation is activated.
A complete line of bolt-on accessories and appearance items.
- Powerful fuel-injected 1832cc six-cylinder engine produces smooth, effortless
power--118 bhp and 125 lb./ft. of torque--while surpassing the California Air Resources
Board (CARB) 2008 emissions standards.
- Low, forward engine placement and solid engine-mounting produce excellent road
handling characteristics and impressive low-speed maneuverability.
- High-pressure-formed, sintered-iron Nickalloy crankshaft bearing caps provide quiet
operation throughout the engine's operating-temperature range.
- Parallel two-valve cylinder-head design utilizes direct shim-under-bucket valve
actuation and requires no 600-mile service; the first valve clearance inspection is at
- Silent-type camshaft chains with automatic adjusters provide reliable, maintenance-free
- Two 40mm-diameter throttle bodies deliver air to six specially designed Keihin 50-psi
high-pressure programmed fuel injectors (PGM-FI). Fuel is delivered through four nozzle
holes in each injector, producing an atomized fuel mixture that is highly combustible for
optimum efficiency and power.
- Electronic control unit (ECU) provides two digital 3-D fuel-injection maps for each
cylinder and one digital 3-D ignition map for each cylinder, creating ideal fuel mixture
and spark advance settings for superb rideability. Unique knock-control sensors monitor
ignition advance to improve performance throughout the entire rpm range.
- ECU closed-loop emissions system utilizes two oxygen sensors to constantly deliver a
precise air/fuel mixture, while two exhaust catalyzers further reduce emissions of carbon
monoxide, hydrocarbons and nitrogen oxides.
- Rotary Air Control Valve (RACV) maintains precise idle control under widely varying
engine loads and operating temperatures.
- Compact water pump is mounted behind the engine and is driven directly by the
crankshaft, contributing to quicker engine warm-up.
- Engine cooling system features a series-flow coolant pattern that offers cold-start
rideability and provides rapid engine warm-up.
- Two side-mounted radiators enhance cooling efficiency and use low-air-pressure areas
created by side cowls to draw cooling air through the radiators and beyond the rider at
- Sturdy eight-plate clutch with maintenance-free hydraulic-assist.
- Efficient stainless-steel six-into-two exhaust system produces a pleasing, powerful
- Powerful 1300-watt alternator uses a fluid damper system to minimize alternator noise.
- Precise-shifting five-speed transmission includes Overdrive Fifth.
- The innovative aluminum frame is specifically engineered for optimum rigidity with
This combination of rigidity and flexibility produces excellent handling, superb riding
comfort and wonderful road feel.
- Inherently smooth flat-six-cylinder Gold Wing engine also serves as a tuned stressed
frame member. The solid engine-mounting system
utilizes specially designed hangers and carefully matched mounting bolts to provide both
excellent road feel and minimal engine vibration.
- The Gold Wing's rigid Pro Arm® single-side cast-aluminum swingarm provides
simplified servicing of the rear wheel and tire while ensuring optimum handling.
- Dual full-floating 296mm front discs with Linked Braking System?(LBS? three-piston
calipers and a single ventilated 316mm rear disc with one LBS three-piston caliper
provide excellent braking power.
- Honda's LBS features a second master cylinder and a three-stage proportional control
valve to couple the three-piston calipers of the dual-front and single-rear brake discs.
Using the front brake lever activates the outer two pistons of the front right-side caliper
and the center piston of the front left-side caliper and, acting through the secondary
master cylinder and an inline proportioning valve, the outer two pistons of the rear
caliper. The rear brake pedal operates the center piston of the rear brake caliper, the
center piston of the front right-side brake caliper and the outer two pistons of the front
left-side caliper. A delay valve sensitive to the rider's pedal pressure smooths front-brake
- Model equipped with ABS features an electric-motor-driven modulator that provides
rapid and precise braking-pressure adjustments, resulting in smooth ABS operation. The
system incorporates an integrated ECU, self-diagnostics with an interactive ECU test
function and automatic protection against system failure.
- Massive 45mm front fork houses a cartridge damper in the right leg with 5.5 inches of
travel for a smooth yet superb ride in all road conditions.
- Antidive system minimizes front fork dive when braking. The system utilizes brake
fluid pressure generated in the secondary LBS master cylinder mounted on the left fork
leg and is activated by input from either the front brake lever or the rear brake pedal. This
application of antidive and LBS produces enhanced stability when maneuvering at both
low speeds and highway speeds.
- Pro-Link®-mounted rear shock provides 4.1 inches of plush travel for relaxed touring
or sport riding.
- Computer-controlled adjustable hydraulic rear suspension preload is easily set by the
rider with push-button controls, and features a two-position memory.
- Unique driveshaft-damping system utilizes a double-pipe structure with a rubber-
bonded coating applied to the inner pipe to absorb road shock and engine torque. The
long-life design simplifies rear-wheel maintenance.
- Final gearcase assembly design in the Pro Arm eliminates wheel alignment splines and
ensures accurate alignment of the rear wheel after servicing.
- Cast-aluminum 18 x 3.5-inch front wheel and 16 x 5.0-inch rear wheel are lightweight
and strong. Radial touring tires are specifically engineered for the Gold Wing, providing
a combination of excellent traction, cornering grip and long tire life.
- The parallel two-valve cylinder-head design, together with side-mounted radiators,
allows optimum ergonomics, with excellent rider foot room and a large passenger
- Slow-speed electric Reverse system is engaged with the simple push of the thumb
controls on the right handlebar.
- Lightweight electronic cruise-control system utilizes a 16-bit ECU-controlled, motor-
actuated throttle mechanism.
- The Gold Wing's aerodynamic bodywork is functional as well as beautiful, providing
excellent rider wind protection while reducing the aerodynamic drag coefficient.
n -A simple yet ingenious ratcheting windscreen-adjustment system provides six settings
over nearly 4 inches of travel. Operated manually, the mechanism eliminates the weight
and complexity of electric motors.
- Adjustable and closeable windscreen vent routes fresh air to the rider's face or chest.
- The Gold Wing trunk provides 60 liters of storage capacity with an additional 5 liters of
storage available if the optional CD changer is not installed. Two full-face helmets fit
easily in the trunk. The saddlebags provide 40-plus liters of storage each, resulting in a
total of 147 liters of storage space.
- The saddlebag lids feature hydraulic dampers for smooth operation.
- Specially designed luggage features a remote-control key lock, permitting pop-open rear
trunk operation; remote lock/unlock for the trunk and saddlebags; and horn-actuated bike
locator. If remote locking is attempted while a lid is open, the emergency lights flash to
alert the rider.
- Storage pockets are located in the fairing and rear trunk for convenient, easy-access
- Soft-touch plastic elastomer provides a luxurious feel to the front console, front- and
rear-pocket covers and the passenger armrests.
- Ergonomically designed saddle with a low 29.1-inch seat height has a plush passenger
seat with integral backrest and side support for all-day riding comfort.
- Instrument cluster includes white-on-black analog displays for speedometer,
tachometer, coolant temperature and fuel level, plus features adjustable backlighting and
high-luminescence red pointers. Indicator/warning lights are provided for Reverse,
Neutral, Overdrive, oil pressure, fuel injection, high beam, sidestand, cruise on, cruise set
and low fuel. A high-resolution LCD housed in a separate module is visible in all lighting
conditions and displays the odometer, A/B tripmeter, ambient temperature, audio modes,
CB, rear-suspension setting, trunk/saddlebag-open indicators and a clock.
n -Motorized headlight-aiming system is operated by a dial switch and provides 2.5
degrees of adjustment from level.
n -Large 6.6-gallon fuel tank houses the PGM-FI fuel pump and provides excellent long-
distance cruising range.
- Headlight system features two 55-watt H7 low-beam and two 55-watt H7 high-beam
bulbs with computer-designed multireflectors. In high-beam operation, all four bulbs
produce a distinctive front lighting signature.
- Engine and saddlebag guards help protect the Gold Wing's bodywork in case of a tip-
- Silver powdercoated finish helps ensure the Gold Wing's aluminum frame will remain
beautiful for years to come.
- Maintenance-free features include automatic choke, RACV automatic idle, programmed
fuel injection, automatic cam-chain adjusters, sealed battery, electronic cruise control and
computer-controlled hydraulic rear spring preload adjustment.
- Handsome two-piece aluminum handlebars are lightweight and strong.
- Adjustable brake and clutch levers.
- Clear lenses on rear turn signals and running lights complement the Gold Wing's
- Self-canceling turn signals.
- Fully illuminated handlebar and radio switches.
- Handlebar switches and controls use internationally approved graphic symbols.
- Dual electric spiral horns trumpet a distinctive note.
- 20-amp YTX maintenance-free battery.
- Dual helmet locks.
- Fold-down antenna for easy storage.
- Padded passenger handrails.
- Easy-to-use centerstand.
- Convenient ignition switch/fork lock for added security.
- Transferable three-year, unlimited-mileage warranty; extended coverage available with
a Honda Protection Plan.
- Assembled in Marysville, Ohio.
- Purchase of a new, previously unregistered Honda unit by an individual retail user in the
United States qualifies the owner for a one-year complimentary membership in the
Honda Rider's Club of America® (HRCA®). Benefits include roadside assistance, online
access to the Honda Common Service Manual, six issues of the bimonthly Honda Red
Rider?magazine, travel discounts, trip routing and MSF reimbursement, plus access to the
HRCA Web site (www.hrca.honda.com). For details on the HRCA, dealers should call
(310) 783-3958, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Pacific Time.
Available accessories / Options (many more from after market vendors)
- Audio Accessories": Six-Disc CD Changer, CB Radio Kit, CB Antenna, Audio
Headsets (for open- and full-face helmets), Passenger Audio Controller.
- Air Management Accessories: Tall Windscreen, Windscreen Side Air Deflectors,
Fairing Side Air Deflectors, Rear Spoiler (color-matched) with LED Brakelight.
- Functional Touring Accessories: Chrome Heated Grips with Thermostat, Foglight Kit,
12v Accessory Socket Kit, Passenger Armrest, Coin Holder, Saddlebag, Saddlebag
- Touring Convenience accessories: Removable Saddlebag/Trunk Liner Set (available in
standard and deluxe types), Trunk Net, Saddlebag/Trunk Mat Set, Seat Weather Cover,
Cycle Cover, Front Nose Mask, Trunk Vanity Mirror with Light, Trunk Inner Light,
Inner Trunk Pouch, Trunk Lid Organizer, Saddlebag Lid Organizer, Fairing Pouch,
Owner's Manual Folio.
- Chrome Appearance accessories: Front Lower Cowl, Front Fender Ornament, Front
Fender Extension, Front Disc Cover, Passenger Floorboard Covers, Passenger Floorboard
Lower Covers, Side Fairing Accent, Windshield Garnish, Trunk Rack, Front Fender Rail,
Saddlebag Scuff Pads, Saddlebag Molding Kit, Trunk Molding Kit, Sidestand, Exhaust
Tips (two styles), License-Plate Frame, Swingarm Pivot Covers, Handlebar Ends, Trunk
Handle, Rear Spoiler Accent.
2007 Honda Gold Wing Pricing ("L" designates California version)
Model / Color / Suggested Retail Price
GL18P7 Metallic Black $19,299.00
GL18PM7 Dark Orange Metallic $19,599.00
GL18PM7 Metallic Silver $19,599.00
GL18PM7 Dark Blue Metallic $19,599.00
GL18PM7 Dark Red Metallic $19,599.00
Premium Audio, Comfort Package & Navigation System
GL18HPN7 Metallic Black $21,799.00
GL18HPNM7 Dark Orange Metallic $22,099.00
GL18HPNM7 Metallic Silver $22,099.00
GL18HPNM7 Dark Blue Metallic $22,099.00
GL18HPNM7 Dark Red Metallic $22,099.00
ABS, Premium Audio, Comfort Package & Navigation System
GL18HPNA7 Metallic Black $22,799.00
GL18HPNAM7 Dark Orange Metallic $23,099.00
GL18HPNAM7 Metallic Silver $23,099.00
GL18HPNAM7 Dark Blue Metallic $23,099.00
GL18HPNAM7 Dark Red Metallic $23,099.00
ABS, AIRBAG, Premium Audio, Comfort Package & Navigation System
GL18B7 Metallic Black $24,049.00
GL18BM7 Dark Orange Metallic $24,349.00
GL18BM7 Metallic Silver $24,349.00
GL18BM7 Dark Blue Metallic $24,349.00
GL18BM7 Dark Red Metallic $24,349.00
Specifications : Model: GL1800
Engine Type: 1832cc liquid-cooled horizontally opposed six-cylinder
Bore and Stroke: 74mm x 71mm
Compression Ratio: 9.8:1
Valve Train: SOHC; two valves per cylinder
Carburetion: PGM-FI with automatic choke
Ignition: Computer-controlled digital with three-dimensional mapping
Transmission: Five-speed including Overdrive, plus electric Reverse
Final Drive: Shaft
Front: 45mm cartridge fork with anti-dive system; 5.5 inches travel
Rear: Pro Arm single-side swingarm with Pro-Link single shock with computer-
controlled spring preload adjustment with two memory presets; 4.1 inches travel
Front: Dual full-floating 296mm discs with LBS three-piston calipers; Optional ABS
Rear: Single ventilated 316mm disc with LBS three-piston caliper; Optional ABS
Wheelbase: 66.5 inches
Rake (Caster Angle): 29.15°
Trail: 109mm (4.3 inches)
Seat Height: 29.1 inches
Dry Weight: 822 - 860 pounds depending on option packages selected
Fuel Capacity: 6.6 gallons
2007 Colors: Metallic Black, Dark Blue Metallic, Metallic Silver, Dark Orange
Metallic, Dark Red Metallic
2008 Colors: Metallic Red, Pearl White, Titanium, Black, Dark Red Metallic
Exceeds 2008 CARB emissions standards.