1. 20 th Century Transportation, Globalization, Diversity Worldwide, what is the best selling motorized vehicle model of all time?
2. Is it the Model T?
3. The Model T is Number 3. <ul><li>The first production Model T Ford was assembled at the Piquette Avenue Plant in Detroit on October 1, 1908. Over the next 19 years, Ford would build 15,000,000 automobiles with the Model "T" engine, the longest run of any single automobile model made in the United States. From 1908-1927, the Model T would endure with little change in its design. Henry Ford had succeeded in his quest to build a car for the masses </li></ul>
4. IS IT THE VOLKSWAGON BEETLE?
5. The Volkswagon Beetle is No. 2. <ul><li>First massed producted in 1946, in 1991 the Volkswagen Beetle was acclaimed Car of the Century, an accolade awarded by a panel of 100 motoring journalists from 37 different countries including Britain. The original rear engine, air cooled, Beetle refused to die, being produced in increasing quantity in Mexico until 2003. It's hardly surprising it was voted Car of the Century. What other car can boast such huge sales, over 21 million, what other car can boast such a long production period, 57 years, </li></ul>
6. No car can match the Beetle, but a motorbike can! -- The Honda Cub
7. The best selling transportation vehicle of the 20 th Century was the Honda 50 Cub. <ul><li>Since 1958, Honda has stamped out 60 million Cubs and exported them to more than 160 countries. Though originally produced only at Honda's Sayama plant north of Tokyo, the cycle now rolls off production lines in The Philippines, Thailand, India, Brazil, Taiwan, Vietnam, China and Indonesia, where more than one million Cubs are still turned out a year. </li></ul>
8. No longer made sold in the United States. <ul><li>"It's not a big motorcycle, just a groovy little motorbike," chirped the Hondelles on their early '60s pop song, Little Honda. Back then, only a dictatorial parent could deny their teenager the harmless joy of Honda's Super Cub -- the most significant motorcycle of the post World War II era, and a vehicle that stands equal to Ford's Model T and the VW Beetle in its contribution to personal transportation. </li></ul>
9. Best Advertising
10. Honda’s Rise Demonstrates Much About the 20 th Century <ul><li>The Reemerginse of the Pacific Rim after World War II. </li></ul><ul><li>Think Global, Act Local </li></ul><ul><li>Diversity </li></ul>