2006 Honda Civic SI
3239 MONIER CIRCLE, STE.5 • RANCHO CORDOVA, CA 95742 • 916.635.4550 • FAX 916.635.4632 • www.ct-engineering.com
INS-157 VERSION: 3.25.2009
Thank you for purchasing the CT Engineering Supercharger kit for the 2006 Honda Civic SI. All components have been de-
signed and manufactured utilizing the latest in technology and materials. Please take a moment to read this instruction
manual and warranty information page thoroughly before starting any work. Always work in a clean environment and use
the appropriate safety equipment and tools to avoid any potential damage or injuries. CT Engineering recommends the
use of a Genuine Honda Service Manual to supplement these instructions. All CT Engineering products are
intended to be installed by a professional installer. Many stock parts are reused during installation. Do not damage
or discard any pieces during disassembly or installation. We recommend marking any hose or wire before disconnecting to
avoid confusion during reassembly.
M5 = 3 ft-lbs
M6 = 6 ft-lbs
M8 = 16 ft-lbs
M10 = 31 ft-lbs
M12 = 54 ft-lbs
M14 = 87 ft-lbs
STEP #1 Evacuate A/C system:
• Have your local Air conditioning shop remove the
HFC-134a refrigerant from your A/C system. They
can reuse your coolant. After the supercharger
installation you will need to return the car to them
and have them refill and charge the system. This
service should cost approximately $80.00.
STEP #2 Remove ECM and ship to Hondata:
Ship ECM to:
• Remove the battery.
• Remove ECM cover (A).
• Remove bolts (D), then lift up the ECM. 2840 COLUMBIA ST.
• Disconnect the ECM connectors A, B, and C. TORRANCE, CA 90503
• Remove ECM and ship to Hondata (see Address to right.)
STEP #3 Drain Coolant:
• Jack up and support the front of the car on
• Make sure the engine is cool and remove
the radiator cap.
• Drain the cooling system by loosening the
drain plug (A) at the bottom of the radiator.
• Once all of the coolant is drained close the
STEP #4 Remove Manifold Cover & Splash shield: STEP #5 Remove Intake Tube:
• Remove the intake manifold cover. The cover and • Disconnect the vacuum hose (A) and the breather
hardware will not be reused. pipe (B) from the intake tube.
• Remove the • Loosen the clamps and remove the intake tube (C).
splash shield. Everything will be reused.
Make sure to
retain all of the
will be reused.
STEP #6 Remove Air Box: STEP #7 Remove the Manifold Harness:
• Disconnect the Mass Air flow sensor connector. • Disconnect the negative side of the battery, then dis-
• Remove the mounting hardware and remove the air connect the positive side.
box assembly. • Remove the battery.
Keep all of the • Disconnect the harness connectors for the fuel injec-
parts because tors, Manifold Absolute Pressure (MAP) sensor, and
they will be re- Throttle Actuator.
installed. • Remove the bolt from the ground (A) and clamp (B)
bracket. Then remove the harness holder (C) from the
STEP #8 Disconnect Hoses:
• Remove the positive crankcase ventilation (PCV) hose
• Remove the evaporative emission (EVAP) canister
• Remove brake booster vacuum hose (C).
• Disconnect the two water hoses connected to the bot-
tom of the
throttle body, STEP #9 Remove Fuel Rail:
as well as the • Remove the cover (A) off the fuel rail connection. Dis-
harness clip. connect the fuel line from the rail by squeezing the
lock tabs, push and pull the
line until it is loose.
• Remove the two M8 nuts
holding the rail to the mani-
fold and remove the rail with
injectors. Keep the two rail
spacers and the rail; they will
Step #10 Remove Throttle Body: STEP #11 Remove Manifold supports:
• Remove the hardware holding the throttle body to the • From the bottom of the car disconnect the connector
manifold. from the brace (A).
• Remove the throttle body from the intake manifold, all • Remove the hardware holding the support to the
parts will be reused. manifold/block and remove the brace (B). They will
not be reused.
STEP #12 Remove Stock Manifold:
• Remove the (2) M8 nuts and (6) M8 flange bolts.
• Using the two M8 Nuts as Jam Nuts, remove the two studs from the cylinder head.
• Remove the intake manifold and disconnect the water line as you remove the manifold. Neither manifold, gasket or
hardware will be reused.
• Remove the MAP sensor (A), screw and o-ring from the stock manifold; they will be reused.
• Remove the Intake Air Bypass Thermal Valve (B) from the stock manifold; it will be reused in the new Supercharger
• Make sure to also remove the throttle body studs, they will be installed in the supercharger inlet manifold.
STEP #13 Remove Belt: STEP #14 Remove the Idler Pulley:
• Release the auto-tensioner (A) with a Snap-on tool • Remove the A/C support bracket bolt. It will not be
(YA9317) or similar tool. Once the pressure is released reused.
remove the belt; it will not be reused. • Remove the (2) M8x45 bolts holding the idler pulley
assemble. The hardware will be reused but the
bracket and pulley will not.
Step #15 Remove Tensioner pulley: Step #16 Remove Tensioner:
• Remove the M10 bolt holding the tensioner pulley to • Remove the three M8 bolts holding the tensioner to
the tensioner making sure to not lose the nut. All the block and remove the tensioner. The outer two M8
parts will be reused. bolts will not be reused but the M8 bolt going through
the center of the tensioner will be reused along with
Step #17 Preinstall the Adjuster base Plate: STEP #18 Reinstall Tensioner:
• Mount the adjuster base plate to the stock tensioner • Reinstall the tensioner/base plate to the block using
using the two M8x45 bolts removed in step #14. the original M8x70 center bolt, the new M8x70 front
Torque the bolts to 20 ft-lbs. bolt and the new M8x60 rear bolt. It may be easier to
put the bolts in place and then position the tensioner
• Once everything is in place torque the bolts to 20 ft-
Step #19 Assemble Idler Plate A/C Line Bracket
• First install the Adjuster lug
into the mating oval slot in the
Idler Plate. Idler Plate
• Next slide the Adjuster Plate
onto the Adjuster Lug And in-
stall the M8x1.25x45 bolt from Adjuster Lug
step#16 through the rear most
slot in the Idler Plate, but do
• Using the new M10x1.25x75 Adjuster Plate
bolt provided in the kit and the
smooth idler pulley, install bolt
through pulley, through the Grooved idler pulley
Adjuster Plate and Idler Plate
and install M10 nut, but do not Stepped Bush
• Using the new M10x1.25x80 M10x1.25x80
bolt, Stepped Bushing and
Grooved Idler Pulley provided
in the kit; install bolt through
bushing, pulley, Adjuster Plate,
and Idler Plate. Then install
M10 nut, but do not tighten.
• Install A/C Line Bracket
STEP #20 Assemble Idler Plate Assembly STEP #21 Move Harness:
(continued) : • Remove the two harness support brackets from their
• These pho- mounting points and then remove them from the har-
tos show ness, they will not be reused.
what the • Move the
assembly harness to
should look the engine
like when side of the
it with the
• Move the
side of the
line ear and
STEP #22 Preinstall Manifold support bracket: STEP #23 Manifold Prep:
• Loosely mount the lower block to the engine using the • Install the MAP sensor to the side of the new super-
supplied M12x60 flange bolt. charger manifold reusing the original o-ring and
• Using the supplied M8x25 flange bolt loosely mount screw.
the drop link to the lower support. • Reinstall the Intake Air Bypass
• Loosely attach the top mounting block using the sup- Thermal Valve from the stock
plied M8x25 flange bolt to the passenger side of the manifold into the new super-
drop link. charger manifold.
• Leave all the hardware loose; they will be tightened
after the manifold is installed.
STEP #24 Main Manifold Installation:
• The blower is shipped already attached to the main manifold. Remove the (6) M8x20 bolts holding the blower plate to
the manifold and separate the two.
• Install the main manifold to the cylinder head using the supplied (6) M8x25 bolts, (2) M8x60 flange bolts, and heat
insulation gasket. Use the supplied Loctite on the threads of all the bolts. Torque the manifold bolts to 20 ft-lbs.
• Install the manifold brace to the manifold using the supplied M8x30 flange bolt. Use Loctite on the threads going into
• Now tighten all of the bolts left loose in Step #22.
• Reconnect the water line to the new manifold fitting reusing the original
hose and clamp.
STEP #25 Blower Area Preparation: STEP #26 A/C Line Spacer:
• Install the new PCV hose (5/16 x 30”) using the stock • Remove upper A/C Line from the A/C compressor and
clamps removed in step #7. Run the hose out through add supplied spacer using o-rings and M6x60 bolt.
the gap between the radiator and chassis for now, it • Install A/C line bracket supplied in the kit onto the
will be connected in a later step. Idler Plate as seen in step #19.
STEP #27 Blower Installation: STEP #28 Install Inlet Manifold:
• Make sure the (6) M8x20 flange bolts are in place be- • Using the supplied M8x20 bolts, install the inlet mani-
fore lowering the blower to the main manifold. fold starting with the rear lower bolt first.
• Install the blower on to the main manifold making
sure to line up the roll pins already installed in the
• Start the M8x20 flange bolt under the by-pass valve
• Tighten all 6 of
• Install the
hose onto the
fitting in mani-
STEP #30 Setting Belt Tension:
• With the belt in place, release the belt tension again.
Turn the adjusting screw in the top of the idle plate
until the Auto tensioner indicator is lined up with the
STEP #29 In- plate.
• Route the
around all of
• Once the
belt is in
slip the belt
STEP #31 Remove cowl- STEP #32 Install Spark Plugs:
ings: • Remove the Ignition Coil cover
• Remove plastic cowling (A).
at the base of the • Remove the Coils (C).
windshield. • Remove the stock spark plugs.
• Remove steel panel • Install the supplied Denso IK24
below plastic cowling. plugs.
• Reinstall the coils and ignition coil
• Reinstall the cowlings in the re-
verse order of removal.
STEP #33 Fuel Rail Installation Prep:
• Make sure the injector adaptor bushings are pushed
all the way into the manifold. These adaptors make STEP #34 Install Fuel Rail:
the Comptech manifold work with the Honda factory • Use a small amount of oil on the fuel injector seal and
fuel injectors. reinstall the fuel rail with all of the injectors still in the
• Install the supplied bushings onto each stud along rail. Use the supplied spacer nuts to secure the rail to
with the original fuel rail spacers. the manifold.
• Reconnect the fuel supply hose and connector cover. A
small amount of
oil on the end
STEP #35 Reinstall Manifold Wiring Harness: STEP #36 Install Throttle Body:
• Reinstall the factory wiring harness cover onto the rail • Install the studs removed in step #10 in to the new
and reconnect each fuel injector. inlet manifold.
• Open the right side plastic harness guide by releasing • Using the supplied new throttle body gasket and origi-
the five clips. Free the ground and MAP sensor wires nal hardware, mount the throttle body to the blower
from the harness by removing the black tape wrap- inlet manifold.
ping and short length of corrugated plastic sheathing.
Route the ground wire to the boss just below the cam
cover on the right end of the cylinder head. Route the
the inlet cast-
ing to the
STEP #38 Install Vacuum Lines:
• Using the supplied 5/16 x 12” hose connect the brake
booster hard line to the top fitting on the new inlet
• Reinstall the factory EVAP hose.
• Route the PCV hose installed in step #25 along the
STEP #37 Throttle Body Connections: radiator support. Connect it to the lower fitting on the
• Reconnect the throttle body wiring connector. new lower inlet manifold.
• Reinstall the two water lines to the bottom of the
throttle body that were removed in step #8.
STEP #39 Reinstall Air Intake Box : STEP #40 Refill Cooling System:
• Be sure to reconnect the • Refill the cool-
Mass Air flow sensor and ing system us-
the air tube for the Intake ing a mixture of
Air Bypass Control Ther- 50% antifreeze
mal Valve as seen in step and 50% water.
#23. • Fill the radiator
to the base of
the filler neck.
• Loosely install
the radiator cap
and proceed to
STEP #41 Raise Fuel line pressure:
• Remove the rear lower seat cushion (Note: M6 bolt attaching lower cushion is located slightly to left of center between
upper and lower cushions.).
• Remove trunk floor panel by unsnapping front edge of panel from cross member.
• Remove the access panel (A) from the floor (attached with four M8 bolts) and then remove the fuel sender access
panel (B) (attached with four Phillips Head screws). Disconnect the electrical connector (C), and using a rag to catch
the excess fuel, remove the fuel and vent lines (D) by releasing quick disconnect fittings from the top of the pump/
• Use the factory Honda tool to unscrew the plastic fuel pump retaining ring (E) (We have also found you can also use a
larger flat bladed screw driver as a punch to remove it.).
• Using rags to catch the fuel, slowly pull the pump assembly out of the tank, tipping it forward as it comes up to pre-
vent damaging the sending unit float. With the fuel pump/sender unit on a counter, remove the plastic lower cover to
gain access to the fuel pressure regulator. The fuel pump and sender wire plugs must be disconnected from the un-
derside of the pump/sender unit and released from a clip to do this.
• Working from the bottom of the pump, remove the fuel pressure regulator retaining clip (F), ground ring (G) and re-
move regulator. Remove the o-rings (I) from the regulator, and using the supplied setting tool, insert the regulator
into the tool and compress in a vice until the regulator flange is bottomed out on the tool. (See photos)
• Re-install the o-rings on the regulator and push back into the pump/sender assembly (a little oil on the o-rings will
help). Reverse the disassembly process to finish assembly of pump.
• Install the pump/sender unit into tank and attach electrical and fuel connections. Make sure to get the top of the unit
clocked correctly in the tank (see drawing). Reconnect the electrical connector and fuel line.
• Install covers, trunk flooring, and seat cushion.
STEP #42 Reinstall ECM and Battery: STEP #44 Install Fuel Rail Cover:
• Install the re-flashed ECM and battery in reverse order • Using the supplied M6x10 Button head allen bolts in-
of step #2. stall the CT Carbon Fiber fuel rail cover.
STEP #43 Starting the Car:
• Turn the ignition key on and off a few times to run the
fuel pump and build fuel pressure.
• Check for any fuel or coolant leaks.
• If everything checks out OK, start the car.
• Once the car is running let it idle until the cooling fans
come on at least twice. Make sure all of the air is bled
out of the cooling system.
• Shut the engine off. Check the coolant level in the
radiator. Top it off if necessary and install the radiator
STEP #45 Install Prop Rod Cover: STEP #46 Drive the car :
• Install hose on Prop Rod and Zip-Tie in place as • Always use the Highest Octane fuel available.
shown in the picture below. This will keep the Prop • Check your engine oil level on a regular basis.
Rod from rubbing against the A/C Line. • Check your belt tension.
• If you have any questions please call (916) 635-4550
between the hours of 8:00 AM and 5:00 PM Pacific
• Please put a copy of these installation instructions in
the car for your customer.
• To further improve the performance of your Comp-
tech Supercharger kit we recommend the use of a CT
Engineering Header and Cat-Back exhaust system.