1. www.blackforesthighlands.inf oThe Black Forest Highlands
2. The Black Forest HighlandsAirports close to the Black Forest Highlands:•Basel: 1,0 hour by car / 2,0 hours by train•Zurich: 1,5 hours by car / 2,5 hours by train•Stuttgart: 1,5 hours by car / 2,5 hours by train•Frankfurt 3,0 hours by car / 2,5 hours by train
3. The Black Forest HighlandsThe Black Forest Highlands – an extraordinary and beautiful regionThe Black Forest Highlands are a beautiful vacation destination in the southwest of Germany,just one-hour drive from Basel and Zurich in Switzerland and from Colmar and Strasbourg inFrance and only 1,5 hours from lake Constance.This location allows you to easily visit many attractions and famous cities in the three countries.Our quite vacation destination, with the famous Lake Titisee, is well known for having one of themost stunning and picturesque landscapes in Germany.In the Black Forest Highlands you will find many points of interest, such as: the “Feldberg”, thehighest peak (1493 m) of the Black Forest. The Lake Titisee is one of the lakes worth seeing inthe world, as well as the home of the famous cuckoo clock and the Black Forest cake.From the lofty peaks to the lakes, through the gorges and across the meadows a fresh breezeblows constantly. And at an altitude of 800-1,500 m a curative climate that generates wellbeingliterally from the air is guaranteed.
4. The Black Forest Highlands Our beautiful landscapes and romantic villages are among the best reasons to visit the Black Forest Highlands
5. The Black Forest Highlands A healthy environment at the altitude from 800 to 1500 meters, with fresh clean air and tranquility
6. The Black Forest HighlandsBreathtaking scenery
7. The Black Forest Highlands A region of extraordinary beauty and many exciting visitor attractions
8. The Black Forest HighlandsThe Feldberg offers you a cable car ride which allows a wonderfulscenic panoramic view to the Alps of Austria and Switzerland.In winter, the Black Forest Highlands offers only the best conditionsfor all winter sport fans in the largest and highest winter sport areain the South-West of Germany.
9. The Black Forest Highlands The Black Forest is worldwide known for The Hochfirst Ski-Jump The largest natural Ski-Jump in the world!
10. The Black Forest Highlands Cuckoo clock
11. The Black Forest HighlandsThe Lake TitiseeThe largest natural lake in the Black Forest
12. The Black Forest HighlandsBlack Forest Cake
13. The Black Forest HighlandsHotels, apartments and accommodation•20.000 beds available in the region•170 hotels from inexpensive BB´s to luxury 5 star hotel-resorts•Excellent cuisine with the highest intensity of awardwinning chefs in Germany The Hochfirst Ski-Jump The largest natural Ski-Jump in the world!
14. The Black Forest HighlandsDrubbas Black Forest Village „Hofgut Sternen“
15. The Black Forest HighlandsParkhotel Adler – 5* „small luxury hotel of the world“
16. The Black Forest HighlandsMARITIM Titisee Hotel
17. The Black Forest Highlands The Black Forest Highlands • Bild von Saigerhöh The Hochfirst Ski-JumpHotel Saigerhöh The largest natural Ski-Jump in the world!
18. The Black Forest Highlands The most popular activities are
19. The Black Forest HighlandsA paradise for the active holidaymakers!With around 1000 km of sign-posted footpaths, walkers will findthemselves in their element. Adventure, discovery and breathtaking viewsof mountains, lakes, forests and gorges are guaranteed.
20. The Black Forest Highlands Art and culture of the highest caliber The Black Forest Highlands are well known throughout Germany for their events – star- studded concerts, floor shows, cabaret, folklore and the stunning Christmas market in the Ravenna gorges.
22. The Black Forest HighlandsShopping of traditional handcrafts (cuckoo clock,glass products) as well as fine German products aswatches suitcases, pens, etc. of well known brands.
23. The Black Forest Highlands• Home is where the cuckoo is... The cuckoo clock is one of the best known examples of German craftsmanship and its origin lies in the heart of the Black Forest Highlands. The Drubba company offers a wide variety of cuckoo clocks “Made in Germany” at its two branches in Titisee and at Hofgut Sternen – The Black Forest Village in Breitnau.• Diverse shopping possibilities Besides cuckoo clocks the Drubba company offers grandfather clocks, exclusive wristwatches, Swarovski silver crystal and other jewelry as well as a big selection of souvenirs and gifts. Next to both branches another local craft can be witnessed at the two glassblower’s workshops.• Customer service at a higher level In addition to Tax-Free shopping Drubba company also offers a 2 year international guarantee on all mechanical clocks and cooperate with 21 service partners all over the world.
24. The Black Forest HighlandsMICE – Meetings, Incentives, Congress and EventsIn the Black Forest Highlands, even work is fun!And it’s all due to our pleasant “business climate” – fresh air, fantastic peace andquiet and beautiful scenery – what more could you want for a successfulconference, congress or seminar.Whether it’s a seminar and conference hotel, a traditional style venue or aspacious congress center – in the Black Forest Highlands we can accommodate upto 500 people.•Conference and seminar facilities in the Black Forest HighlandsThe Hochschwarzwald Tourismus GmbH provides three congress centers for yourevents in Hinterzarten, Titisee-Neustadt and Schluchsee. In total, there are threelarge halls with a capacity for up to 500 people, 2 smaller halls for up to 150people and 6 conference- and seminar-rooms for up to 100 people.•Wellmeetings - Brand new health orientated product for your eventHochschwarzwald wellmeetings is the new trademark for seminars, congressesand meetings. It focuses on the ever increasing needs for people and companies inthe areas of health, wellbeing, fitness and prevention. “Wellmeetings in the BlackForest Highlands” are available throughout the year.For more information on MICE in the Black Forest Highlands:www.blackforesthighlands.info , www.wellmeetings.com
25. The Black Forest HighlandsIncentives•Visiting the “Rothaus” BreweryThe Rothaus Brewery is the best known regional brewery in the BlackForest. It was founded in 1791 and built in a historic setting. The beautifularchitecture of the Brewery ensures that it blends perfectly into thestunning surrounding area.•Action Forest ParkEnjoy a breath taking experience for young and old. Climb on a variety ofrope constructions and slide with zip-wires through our tree tops. TheAction Forest Park offers you five courses of different levels and heights,ranging from 4 m to 18 m above the ground. This is a perfect place toshow your courage and to verify coordination and balance.•Clock demonstrations and workshopsWe will explain the different steps in the making of cuckoo clocks andalso explain about the history of clock-making in the Black Forest. Youwill also find out where the world-famous cuckoo call comes from - aidedby 2 bellows and 2 pipes!
26. The Black Forest Highlands• Black Forest Cake presentation with tastingThe Black Forest Highlands are known for the Black Forest Cake and you’ll find it in almost every restaurant or café. One of the essential ingredients is Kirschwasser (cherry schnapps).• Cooking class with local products and herbsThere you can see how to produce a local dish using herbs from the garden near by.• GlassblowingThe Glassblowers will show you how glass articles are made from solid and will answer all of your questions about the ancient art of glassmaking.• Cocktail receptionsCocktail and finger food receptions on a boat ride on lake Titisee or on the roof terrace of the Feldberg tower with a stunning view to the Alps and Vosges
27. The Black Forest Highlands• Visit of a farm house which produces natural cosmetics and local cheeseSince 2006 the Ospelehof produced cosmetics made of whey. Whey is naturally protein and vitamin-rich and is one of the best things you can give your skin.• Gold panning in the river RhineAn adventure for the entire family accompanied by the experienced Gold- Gusti! With a little luck you will bring precious metal at home at the end of the day .• Wine tastings of the famous wines of the regionsSouth West Germany is a wine country and has grape varieties that are peculiar to this part of the world. The Wine Black Forest leads from Baden-Baden 160 kilometers through all the wine-growing areas to the Swiss frontier. You can discover the Wine Black Forest by car, bike or on foot.• Steam Train RideDiscover the fantastic Black Forest Highlands with the ancient steam train “3 Seen Bahn”.
28. The Black Forest HighlandsExcursions•Cable car to the top of the mountain FeldbergEnjoy a ride with the cable car up to the Feldberg, the highest peak of theBlack Forest and South-West Germany. After a short walk you will reach theFeldberg tower. Take the lift to the 11th platform of the tower and beamazed by the fabulous views of the Black Forest and even further up to theAlsace in France and to the Swiss and Austrian Alps.•Boat cruise on Lake Titisee and Lake SchluchseeA boat trip on our lakes will enchant you and allow you to discoverpicturesque Black Forest landscapes. Relax and enjoy magnificent views ofour idyllic mountains, forests, romantic and typical Black Forest Houses andbreathe in the good healthy air.•The Cathedral of Saint BlaiseThe Church of Saint Blaise is the biggest domed church north of the Alps.With a diameter of the dome of 36 meters it can well compete with St.Peter‘s Basilica in Rome (42.5 meters) or St. Paul in London (34 meters).Guided tours through the Cathedral of Saint Blaise are offered regularly.
29. The Black Forest Highlands•Freiburg City tourDiscover the city on your own or in one of the guided citytours and let yourself be drawn into the buzzing life of thehistorical city center•Schaffhausen Rhine Falls The Rhine Falls are a 23 meters high and 150 meterswidth waterfall near Schaffhausen. You can visit the historicalCastel of Laufen or make a boat trip to the isle of rock•Excursion to water and sun power plants with companyvisits•Excursion to Colmar and Strasbourg in France as well asBasel, Zurich and Luzern in Switzerland
30. The Black Forest HighlandsFamily Holidays in the Black Forest Highlands
31. The Black Forest HighlandsFamily holidays in the Black Forest HighlandsThe Black Forest Highlands offers families with children all they could wish for in afamily holiday. Whether you choose a farm holiday, a swimming holiday or anaction-packed winter-sports holiday: you will be spoilt for choice in our region TheBlack Forest Highlands are designated a family-friendly region in the family holidaycompetition.Family - Highlights•Farmstead holidays•Nature adventure trails – gnome trail and nature trail•Extensive holiday program of activities for children – including horse back riding,adventure afternoons, clowns, handicrafts, farm visits, pirate adventure and a lotmore•Water paradise “Badeparadies”: one of the most modern and largest indoor waterslide facilities throughout Europe•Model railway center•Black Forest Park – popular wildlife and leisure park•Action Forest – high wire forest adventure•Boat trips – pedal boat, rowing boat as well as large excursion boats on the lakes•Steinwasen Adventure Park, with the world largest rope bridge and the wildlife parkand many other spectacular attractions
32. The Black Forest Highlands Unique offer in Germany!Cuckoo! Free Travel, free Entrance. The Highlight for FIT`s, GIT‘s and MICE.Over 60 top attractions daily absolutely free of charge!
33. The Black Forest HighlandsThe Hochschwarzwald Card –Over 60 fantastic visitor attractions - forfree!Ski pass, water park, theme park, cable car,climbing park, electro bikes and SMART electrocars, green fees at the Golf Club, museums,boat trips and more. The HochschwarzwaldCard is your free entry to more than 60 leisurefacilities.
34. The Black Forest Highlands You can obtain the card free of charge at over 270 hosts in the Black Forest Highlands for two nights’ accommodation or more and it’s valid for the length of your stay. Off to the Snow Free Ski pass for all slopes
35. The Black Forest HighlandsFree transportIf you stay overnight with us, you can use the busesand trains in the Black Forest and to the boarders ofSwitzerland (Basel) and France (Strasbourg) free ofcharge – even on longer journeys.
36. www.blackforesthighlands.inf oThe Black Forest Highlands We would be happy to welcomeyou and your clients in the fantastic Black Forest Highlands.