1. Subject pronouns Singular Plural● I ● we – you + I● you he + I● he she + I● she they + I● it ● you ● they
2. “he” for men and boys “she” for women and girlsshe heshe he
3. Use “they” for more than 1 personthey theythey they
4. Use “it” for 1 objectit itit it
5. Use “they” for 2 or more objectsthey theythey they
6. Subject pronoun + present tense of “Be”● I + am Contractions● You + are ● I am = Im● He + is ● You are = Youre● She + is ● He is = Hes● It + is ● She is = Shes● We + are ● We are = Were● You + are ● They are = Theyre● They + are
7. Im a teacher. / I am a teacher.Youre a student./ You are a student. She is a doctor. She is a police officer. He is a firefighter. He is a chef.
8. Subject + be + professionThey are pilots. Theyre actors.They are musicians. Theyre waitresses.
9. Subject + be + adjective.She is happy. Shes sad.Hes angry. Hes excited.
10. Subject + be + nationalityShe is French. They are Spanish.Hes English. Theyre Japanese.