Transcript of "5 PR Tips for Gaining Media Attention"
5 PR Tips forGaining Media Attention Positive media attention can give a business a massive boost. Thesetips could help you get ahead of the competition.
1. Build RelationshipsTry to cultivate relationships withjournalists and bloggers who have agenuine interest in your industry.Don’t just expect them to be interestedin what you’re offering. Take the time toget to know them and find out whatwould actually be useful to them.
2. Distribute Useful AssetsDon’t approach journalists or bloggerswith boring run of the mill informationthey are unlikely to care about.You’ll do much better if you only go tothem with interesting newsworthycontent or assets (photos, videos etc.)Journalists and bloggers also loveexclusives… so offer them exclusivity.
3. Be organised and EfficientWhen carrying out your PR activitiesmake sure you are organised andefficient.You should have a media contacts listwhich you work through methodically.Also make sure to keep track of theresponses you receive.A good communication system isinvaluable when carrying out PRactivities.
4. Do Not SpamIf you start spamming journalists andbloggers your emails will only find theirway to junk mail folders.Every contact you make should bepersonalised. Make sure to spell theperson’s name correctly and think abouthow you can make your messageappealing to that individual.
5. Do Something Cool or InterestingThe best way to get attention is to dosomething deserving of it.Go the extra mile and try to be reallycreative when planning PR activities; ifyou just do the same as everyone elseyou’ll never stand out.Being original and different isn’t easy. It’lltake time and hard work, but the resultscan be spectacular.