There are import tips you can use without the aid of a dentist to treat and prevent the progression gum diseases. Symptoms of these diseases include swollen, bleeding gums, bad breath and loose permanent teeth.
• Gum disease is an oral condition caused by bacteria and plaque growth
on the teeth and gums which causes inflammation and other more
serious symptoms such as bleeding gums and pain.
• It has been discovered that plaque and gum disease can also influence
conditions like heart disease and stroke - certainly conditions we do not
want to encourage by a lack of attention to good oral hygiene.
• It is important to stick to a healthy life. According to Dr. Amison, there is a
direct link between your oral health and your overall health. Eating
healthy foods and living an active life style will help your immune system
to naturally kill the bacteria in your mouth.
Brushing your teeth regularly
• It is recommended to brush
your teeth at least twice a day.
– It can help reduce your risk of gum
disease and bacteria build up.
– It can remove bacteria, plaque and food
from the surface of your teeth and
around the gums.
• Gum disease occurs mainly because of improper
brushing of the teeth. This leads to a build up of a film of
bacteria that releases toxins.
• You can simply prevent gum diseases by:
• brushing and flossing regularly
• having regular dental visits for exams and cleaning
• eating a balanced diet and quit smoking
• How to Brush your teeth
– Brush your teeth well and don’ be in a hurry. Remember that your aim is
to remove the soft sticky plaque deposit from every surface of every tooth.
– Choose tooth paste which contains fluoride to help prevent tooth decay.
– Use a soft toothbrush with a small brush head which can get in hard and reach
– Avoid scrubbing during brushing because this may cause damage to both gum
and tooth tissue. It is better to move the brush backwards and forwards or short
a circular motion. Use a specific direction while brushing and stick to it always.
You should always start in the same place and always finish in the same place.
Therefore whatever direction your use, stick to it and take time.
• Use a right brush
– The truth is, brushing teeth is a wider concept
that you can understand.
– In most cases, people brush their teeth
– Brushing teeth is a wider concept.
Most importantly, you must use a
proper equipment and the best
methods of brushing to effectively
prevent gum diseases.
– Electric toothbrush can be an
effective solution as it is equipped
with medically recommended
• Flossing is the only way you
can remove plaque deposits
from in between your teeth
that a toothbrush can’t reach.
• There are many flossers in the
available market and you
must choose the one that
works the best for you is a
matter of personal preference.
• Not only can flossing prevent
gum disease, but studies also
show it can help prevent heart
Regular dental checkups are so important because the dentists can spot
trouble and catch signs of gum diseases early. You can maintain good
dental health, prevent issues before they start, and catch minor issues
before they become major ones.
Note that certain medications such as diabetes can increase the risk of
getting gum diseases and by regular dental checkups, you can become
informed about non-dental risk factors.
Prevention is the best strategy for avoiding gum disease
Having regular dental visits for exams & cleaning
Eating a balanced diet
• Eating a balanced diet including whole grains, vegetables, fruits, food
that is low in fat and saturated fat and low in sodium is important for
health teeth for children whose teeth are still developing. It is also
essential for adults in keeping healthy gums and avoiding tooth decay.
• Other foods that are critical for healthy teeth are milk, yogurt, peanuts,
cheese, Mozarella. They help in clearing harmful sugars from the mouth
and protect against formation of bacteria.
• It is important to avoid sugary foods and bedtime snacks.
• Include vitamins c and
calcium in your diet
– they serve as a long term
solution of Gingivitis.
Vitamin C reduces the
discomfort that people feel
due to bleeding gums.
Including it in daily diet can
enhance the teeth capacity
to fight against bacteria.
• You need to quit smoking because tobacco reduces the ability of fighting
infections and lowers the chances of successful healing. That’s why
tobacco users experience more serious gum disease that leads to tooth
loss and that doesn't respond as well to treatment.
• Keep in mind that Smoking is one of the most significant risk factors
associated with the development of gum disease.
Use a anti-microbial mouth rinse
• To control the growth of plaque anti-microbial mouth rinse is a good
solution. People can use some high quality mouth wash approved by
dental associations for effective results.
• Bad oral health can affect not only your mouth
but all organs of the body, as the infection will spread
through your blood stream.
• Most people do not take care of their teeth till
it is very late because dental work is not covered
by health insurance.
• If you experience bad breath, take care of your
gums by using an anti-mcrobial Mouth rinse
right before bedtime to fight morning breath.
It kills germs, tones gums & refreshes mouth.
Use fluoride toothpaste
• Fluoride is a naturally occurring mineral it
is often added to drinking water and is
commonly found in toothpaste. It
prevents decay and keep your teeth
strong to stand up to bacteria that cause
Use an anti-microbial
• An anti-microbial mouthwash can lead to
a better oral health. It is recommended to
use the one low in alcohol because
alcohol dries out your mouth and can
contribute to tooth decay.
• Chewing a sugar free gum that contains
a natural sweetener derived from plants
– Xylitol. This helps in keeping a neutral
pH level in the mouth, and it helps in
• Stress may make it difficult for your
body’s immune system to fight off
Avoid clenching and
grinding your teeth
• Grinding teeth is an involuntary habit
that involves excessive clenching, to the
point where teeth begin to show signs of
Buy a tongue scraper
A tongue scraper removes a lot of bacteria
from your mouth and makes you feel
great. Your tongue can absorb bacteria
from eating and drinking and this can
lead to bad breath and gum disease. A
Tongue scraper exactly scrapes the
• Gum disease can cause such serious health
issues as heart disease, artery blockage and
stroke. It is important to master the tips that
prevents it. For complete general dentistry,
visit Emeryville Dental Care for quality and
gentle services with a personal touch. There
are professionals who can listen to your
questions and concerns.
• Gum diseases can be embarrassing and
painful but you may follow the tips to prevent
gum diseases to avoid expensive trips to the