2. I decided to work in a studio because of the resources they offered. As they gave me my own place to work, I went out to look for ideas. For my Extended project I did a time lapse of London. I showed many different parts of London. With my first idea there were many complications as to where to film. My idea sparked from watching a music video by Ed Sheeran as I was working on my project at the same place where they shot this video.
3. I firstly wanted to do it from the outside looking in and that’s what I have tried to capture but in a more upbeat and fun way. By using a time lapse I was able to take many videos of London yet this took a long time due to it being a five minute music track.
4. Ditto gave me work experience working on a music video around angel and at Limehouse. This gave me a good foundation into what I needed to do in time for my video to be completed. Ditto also gave me the music and a few stock videos which were the sunrise and sunsets in the music video. I felt this was relevant as the track is called Sunrise.
5. I looked into different time lapses and saw what looked more effective. I felt using images made it look more jumpy which I didn’t think was suitable for my video. I looked at time lapses of London and how they made them look effective. I also talked to the ditto TV film makers and asked which effects I should use. We agreed that this video would be more effective with out fade in effects so I used them at the end – for this project I used final cut.
6. I used a mac using a mp3 track and imported it on to final cut. I used a HD camera to capture most of the footage I used and then used studio cameras to capture some of the more clear images. I then ordered them out day to night. Then sped up there sequencing and used the videos I found most effective and spread them out on a time line.
7. My idea was a good realistic idea and as it was very free going I shot what I thought would look most effective I didn’t plan on shooting at Borough market needless to say I’m happy I did as I was quite happy with that shot. The thing that I also did not think about was shooting it over a two day period was hard as one minute the sun was shining and the next it was raining. Filming tower bridge also worked out to be quite tricky as I did not have a tripod at that time.
8. I also didn’t think much about how long it would take me at the studio. It took about 5 weeks to complete due to using the studio it being so far away and each week only being able to use final cut for 2-3 hours with some shots I had to delete as I felt they werent clear enough.
9. My final decision changed from viewing the poor and the rich to looking at the most obvious landmarks. (big ben, tower of London, London eye, etc.) I was pleased I made this decision because it was more realistic to shoot and time wise quicker.
10. Im pretty happy with my final project. Looking back I may of changed the backing track and used more vocals but I think the sunrise and sunset is pretty effective with my backing track.
11. All inall I am pleased with the decisions I made and how I went about deciding on what looks best.