1. • Comprehensive interactive whiteboard-based content solution• Designed to support early childhood education• TeachSmart is proven to significantly improve literacy and math scores
2. Features & Benefits• Daily Activities• Search• Portfolio Management• Standards• Make it Your Own
3. Plan Lessons & Activities • Teachers can create a schedule of activities for individuals or groups and easily access a days activities from the integrated calendar with a single touch. • The intuitive menu navigation clearly organizes activities, assuring efficient use of time spent planning and preparing.
4. Search more than 1,100Research-Based Activities • Children can independently access activities with a simple touch - turning the system into an interactive learning center for everyone to use. • Teachers will be empowered with an easy-to-use tool set that can be successfully used with individual children or small groups and is completely integrated into the classroom setting. • TeachSmart offers strategies that reflect the latest research in pre- literacy and mathematics concept acquisition in children. • Activities strengthen development in seven key skill areas: Phonological Awareness, Alphabet Knowledge, Language Development, Counting, Number Recognition, Pre-writing and Social/Emotional Development.
5. Customize Activities with Make It Your Own • All activities can be easily customized to reflect the needs of each individual child or curriculum-support activities. Step-by-step instructions guide teachers through the "Make It Your Own" process, and they even have access to hundreds of images in the systems library.
6. Link Activities toNational Standards • The system outlines how each activity aligns with national standards to help teachers understand how they are meeting or exceeding national guidelines with each strategy and activity they introduce to the classroom. • Standard correlations in TeachSmart are NAEYC, Head Start Framework, McRel, CTB, and ECERS. • Advanced search features allow teachers to find content that is focused on a particular standard – making it easy to plan playful and purposeful activities that lead to improved outcomes.
7. Monitor Progress withIndividual Child Portfolios • Teachers and children can easily save performance information in a digital portfolio of actual work in the form of recorded stories, drawings and activities. • Teachers can play back a child’s work to evaluate for assessment and to share in parent conferences. • This unique feature provides teachers the ability to follow a child’s progress through scaffolded activities at various levels of difficulty.