Design and e-Learning
tools and techniques for
project- semester 1
• Integrate technology seamlessly in my classroom
• Differentiate my instruction to suit learners of various
• Actively involve my students in the teaching learning
process and make learning fun and long term for them.
• Develop higher order thinking skills in my students.
• Connect with my students in case of absence or breaks.
• Use time more effectively in the classroom by
integrating edmodo effectively in the teaching learning
• To get to know my students better.
• Students of class 8 of my school are using
edmodo blended along with regular
classroom teaching and remain connected
with the class in case of absence from
school. They will be accessing edmodo
during the summer break for
group/individual project work.
• Students of class 11 (of the science
stream) are also using edmodo blended
with the regular classroom instruction.
Know my students well
• Students developed their Learning profiles
on a link that I provided them and also took
screenshots and uploaded them.
• Learn about their strengths and
weaknesses and interests by observing
them formally and informally on edmodo, in
addition to the class room.
The Discover feature on
edmodo helps me research
Virtual library can be used to
store information to access at
• Pre planning a lesson that incorporates a variety of
media to meet the changing needs of the learner,
stimulates their curiosity and provides a novel learning
• Network with other teachers from my school as well from
teachers from all over the world and share experiences
and expertise . Join different communities on edmodo
•Design the class for relevance keeping in mind the
specific interests and needs of the learner and
engages the learner.
Engage the learner by using a
variety of stimulus and media.
• Upload video files, simulations, animations,
games and interactive teaching modules to
stimulate student interest and engage them .
• This also helps cater to the different learning
styles of the learners and hence differentiate
Introduce the topic beforehand
• Helps judge the pre existing
knowledge of the students.
• Plan the instruction and remedial
teaching if any, accordingly
• The teacher gets more time in the
classroom to interact with the
students and develop creativity and
critical thinking skills and undertake
remedial teaching if required.
Differentiate instruction and
cater to multiple intelligences
• I have used a variety of media and
instructional strategies to cater to the
multiple intelligences and differentiate
• Group work for the holiday homework
gives students a choice of making an
animation, a visual story, video, song, web
site, online 3D energy saving house etc.
• Research work included making a
glossary of terms.
Self paced learning
• Teacher can stay in touch with the
students during holidays.
• Students can work on their assignments
and quizzes at their own pace.
• Instructions when teacher and student
may not be physically present at the
same place at the same time.
Improve confidence of the
The confidence of the students can
be built in the following ways:
Multiple assignments and quizzes
Challenging and meaningful activities
like creating a crossword, prezi,
animation, screenr etc
Feedback and encouragement from
Specially created badges for
Develop and implement the
• Pre reading assignment uploaded for
students reference before the class.
• Pre knowledge testing helps the
teacher identify problem areas and
design remedial teaching.
• Introduction to topic before the class
gives a greater opportunity to the
teacher to develop creativity and critical
thinking skills in the students.
Assignments help the teacher in gauging
the level of learning by the students and
planning remedial teaching and
My students attempted an assignment on
numerical, built a glossary and
answered a quiz.
Group work and research work
for differentiated instruction
Connect with the students
Notices and reminders
can be put up.
Students can seek clarifications .
Shy students are more
participative in an inline
Stay connected with the
students in case either student
or teacher in away from the
class for some reason.
Students can share interesting
posts with the class.
Evaluation of learner
Testing of prior knowledge
Assignments during and after the lesson.
Quizzes (multiple choice, True/False, FIB etc)
Project work that can also include group work.
Progress report generated gives the teacher an
overview of the class performance and participation.
• Online Learning profile was developed by the
• Observation of student involvement and response to
Feedback from teacher
• Specific feedback to student responses and queries.
• General feedback to the whole class.
• Badges for encouragement.
Feedback from students
• Formal feedback through Polls
• Informal feedback through observation and
communicating with students
Evaluation of design
• At he end of the lesson, it is important to
evaluate the design, look for any flaws
that need to be corrected or any
improvements that need to be made.
• One good indicator is the formal and
informal evaluation and assessment of
• Polls on edmodo can also be used to
survey student opinion.
21st century learning skills
Using edmodo blended with my classroom
teaching fosters the following in my
• ICT literacy
• Collaborative problem solving
• Facilitate self directed learning
• Critical thinking skills
Value addition created to my work
• Develop brain compatible instructions for the learner.
• Use CT-driven ET for information delivery to develop
and deliver multiple intelligences.
• Make differentiated lesson plans to accommodate
learning needs of learners with different learning
• Students understand the basic concepts and solve a
variety of problems independently.
• Develop critical thinking and higher order thinking
skills in the students.
• Develop 21st century skills in the students.
• Better appreciation and confidence of the parents in