IN A DIFFERENTIATED
Inventory I used for assessing
20 Questions About Me2
Student Name ___________________________________Date____________
1. What is my favourite activity to do at school?__ ________________________________________
2. What is my favourite subject? _______________________________________________________
3. What is my favourite activity outside of school? _________________________________________
4. What sport do I like to watch? _______________________________________________________
5. What sport do I like to play? ________________________________________________________
6. What would I like to learn more about? _______________________________________________
7. What kind of books do I like to read? _________________________________________________
8. What is the best book I ever read? ___________________________________________________
9. How much time do I spend reading for fun every week? __________________________________
10. What is my favourite television show? _______________________________________________
11. What kind of music do I like? _________________________________________________-_____
12. What is my favourite activity to do on the computer? ___________________________________
13. What kind of technology do I like to use? _____________________________________________
Student 1: ABCOpen ended
ist, avid reader
tasks, hands on
concentration, ex handwriting,
worker, has a
deep interest in
Shy, takes a
while to make
friends and open
up with teachers.
hands on activity,
works well on the
PRE ASSESSMENT USING KWL
• The KWL chart can be used to assess the
extent of knowledge of all three of the
selected students, and the class in
• The KWL chart can be used for
assessment before, during and after
• Skip instruction being covered in class and
move on to application questions that can
develop his higher order thinking skills.
• Give him special worksheets to solve while
the rest of the class struggles the concepts.
USE AN LMS LIKE MOODLE OR
• Post links for pre reading and higher level
reading , assignments for extra credits on
• He can work independently, reach a
higher level of understanding and develop
critical thinking skills ahead of the class.
• Push him a little beyond what he would
attain comfortably in class.
EXTRA CREDIT WORK
• Design an experiment or an activity on the
topic that is currently being taught in class.
• Design a game, create an animation or a
video, work with graphic organizers.
• Encourage him to join an open online
• Encourage him to work in groups and
improve his handwriting.
STUDENT 2: PQR
He is a good
with reading and
Has strong problem
excellent at sports,
concentration is very
low, restless, fidgety
Very confident, has
high energy, is an
Low expectation of
success, cannot do
has the tendency to
clown around in
Video games, hands
on activities, drama
( loves to mimic
CLASS ROOM BASED
• Involve him in activities that allow him to
move around. THEMES
• Handle equipment in class activities.
• Design an experiment or activity.
• Invent a game that uses a concept of
• Write and direct a skit/play and act it
• Allow him to work in groups and lead the
group if possible.
• Special reading assignments on an LMS.
• Specially designed quiz and assignments on
• Create an animation highlighting a concept of
• Create a presentation for the class.
• Use simulations and gaming.
• Use Graphic organizers.
• Build a glossary of terms on edmodo.
Student 3: XYZ
Is a good observer
Highly flexible and
Poor self monitoring,
Difficulty working in
gives up easily, has
hands on activities.
• Pre reading assignment on edmodo includes a
video, ppt and a quiz.
• Additional links for basic understanding followed
by a small assignment.
• Class room instructions include audios, videos
• Personal supervision of class assignments.
• Specially designed assignments to improve
• Involve him actively in classroom and lab activities.
• Use graphic organizers.
• Homework includes online assignments, quiz, making
a prezi, ppt etc.
• Encourage him to present these in class.
• Introduce him to an interactive online English learning
• Talk to him and help him organize his
• Help him use organizers and planners.
• Give extra credit for neat work, work
submitted on time.
• Praise him for his work in class.
• Keep a model notebook in the class.
• Introduce him to google calendar.
• Post pre reading on edmodo.com
• The reading assignment includes a video
and a ppt followed by a quiz and an
• Give additional links for higher level
• Use this information for assessing the
level of interest and understanding of the
• Divide the class according to the level of
preparedness of the students.
• Gifted students solve a specially designed
worksheet and design a lab activity on the current
• Instructions for the class include audio, videos,
graphic organizers, interactive discussions.
• Students discuss and improve the
activity/experiment in class and perform it in the
• Formative assessment: Organize the class
into four groups and have a quiz that
includes audio and video. A digital game can
also be used.
• Home work assignment: In addition to written
work, students work on online quizzes and
assignments, build a glossary, keep a
• Project work: Divide the class into groups
according to their interests. Students make
graphic organizers, prezis, animations,
composing a song.
• Student work is displayed in class.
• Senior students can part in a webinar or
watch a recording of one.
• Motivated students can also enroll in an
open online course.