View stunning SlideShares in full-screen with the new iOS app!Introducing SlideShare for AndroidExplore all your favorite topics in the SlideShare appGet the SlideShare app to Save for Later — even offline
View stunning SlideShares in full-screen with the new Android app!View stunning SlideShares in full-screen with the new iOS app!
1) This is meant to be a lonewolf quiz. Don’t copy or speak to each other.
2) Our volunteers can disqualify anyone
3) Don’t cheat in any form
4) We are serious about rule 3
5) Any info on cheaters will be handsomely rewarded……
6) Write your name on the answer sheet
1) Most of us pretty well know that James Bond was named after an ornithologist. Now, Which is the only movie in which he mentions that He is an ornithologist?
2) Once, Steve Waugh was reading his team's batting line up. The list went: Shane Lee, Ian Harvey, Brett Lee. Now what followed, gave Brett Lee his nickname. What happened? write in short, in a line or two. This guy is can be of some help ->
*3) Derive an Expression for Fringe width in Young's Double Slit Experiment. (4 marks) CBSE 2008 paper. Sure question for board exam :-)
4)This is the logo of an Multinational Construction conglomerate owned by a certain family. It is headquartered in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia. The name is normally abbreviated to SBG, and is considered the Largest construction firm of the Middle-East. They are in fact building the Kingdom Tower at Jeddah. Now, Who is the most famous person of this family, who is a civil engineer by profession?
6)This guy is a French wrestler called Maurice Tillet. He suffered from a problem called acromelagy which leads to uncontrolled bone growth. So, he basically grew into an disfigured giant. What was he the inspiration for?
7) X Prize for human rights is an international non-governmental organization concerned with human and peoples rights without discrimination as for race ,ethnicity, sex, colour ,or religion . It was established in 1988 by X who initially granted $10million to the Swiss-based foundation North-South which awards the prize. The prize is awarded every year to one of the international personalities, bodies or organizations that have distinctively contributed to rendering an outstanding human service and has achieved great actions in defending Human rights anywhere in the world. The Prize categorically believes that freedom is an indivisible natural right for Man. Recipients include Nelson Mandela, Fidel Castro and The Union of Human Rights for Societies and People of Africa. Who is X?
8) Which place gets its name from a phrase meaning 'Tank of Alli Flowers' ?
9)This program was originally developed by a person called Ludvig Strigeous. The first character of it's name(and logo) actually suggests that it uses very minimal resources of the computer compared to other programs of it's type. Identify the freeware.
10) We normally refer to Policemen as Cop. This word is thought to be an abbreviation of what? (as in C.O.P)
11) Whose record at Academy Awards is this? All time Unbeatable record B-) 59 Nominations Won it 22 times, including a posthumous one. 4 Honourary
12) He was born in a village of Maharshtra. He dropped out of school at Class 7 due to poverty and sold flowers for a while to feed his family. During the China war, w hen the Indian government appealed to the youth to join the Army, he was among the first who joined the Indian armed forces. His days in the army were often spent in reading books by Swami Vivekananda, Mahatma Gandhi and Acharya Vinoba Bhave, from whom he drew inspiration. During the 1965 war against Pakistan, he survived an attack on his post; however, he saw ahis colleagues dying . The incident left a deep impact and he pledged to remain a bachelor and serve the country in a bigger way. Who is he?
13) 4 out of 5 Nobel Prizes are instituted by Swedish Organisations. Which is the only one to be awarded by a Norwegian committee?
15) This name of this river in Tamil Nadu literally means 'put your hand out'. According to legends, it came into existence because of a Rakshasa named Kundodhara wanted to drink some water after a meal but all the water in the city of Madurai wasn't enough. So he asked Shiva for water who in turn asked him to put his hand out and hence the name.
16) Once, a group of mexican soldiers killed the family and friends of a certain tribesman of America. He belonged to the Apache tribe. He was called Goyahkla. In revenge, he turned into a militant and killed almost every mexican guy who came across his way. However, towards the end, after a LOOOONGG pursuit, he surrendered to the US police. It so happened that once, in a battle with few mexican soldiers, he stabbed an entire group of men to death. While he was doing so, the mexicans started praying(in spanish) to some catholic saint St.Jerome. A few american soldiers nearby heard their shouts and thought it was the name of the guy stabbing them and thus his name 'X' remained. The name was recently 'immortalised' in a certain manner. However due to some controversies, it was given an official name Y.. Give X and Y.
18)This of people were former employees of some organisation, who left that organisation and started their own successful ventures. Members include Elon Musk, who is the co-founder of Tesla Motors and is also the Inspiration for Tony Stark of Iron Man, and Reid Hoffman who founded LinkedIn. There are other members also, whose names might make it too obvious. What are they collectively called?
19)He acted in a Bond movie Never Say Never Again alongside Sean Connery. He Loves cars and owns a big number of supercars anyone would dream to have. He write articles for few British motoring magazines. He married an Indian who was his make-up lady. He acted in a very famous British sitcom called Blackadder and another one which everyone knows. Identify….you’ll surely know his name.
22)Once, the Gods & Goddesses asked Brahma to create another ‘Veda’ which would be simpler for the common man to understand as Kali Yuga was nearing. Brahma created what he called the ‘Panchamaveda’ which was an essence of the four other vedas. It is believed he has taken Pathya(words) from the Rigveda, Abhinaya (gesture) from YajurVeda, Geetam(Music) from Samaveda & Rasa(sentiment & emotional element) from Atharvaveda. After creating this he gave it to Sage Bharatha & asked him to popularize this on Earth. What did this lead to ?
23) This person is an Italian saint called St. Francis of Assissi. In the 18th century, a group of spanish settlers, arriving at a certain place, established a mission in his name, which eventually became the name of the place. Which city ?
24) These things are from different transformers universes but share their names. Name them.
25 ) Name this thing . Very workoutable I feel. Doesn't breathe fire.
26)This person here is Sir. Henry McMahon . Connect him on some lines to the guy who looks like a very old Sharad Pawar.
27) This lady, Eleanor Thornton, was the secretary and secret love of John Walter-Montagu, a pioneer of the automobile revolution. On Montagu's order, Charles Sykes Robinson, a sculptor, created what is probably the most iconic mascot in the history of automobiles for which Ms.Thornton posed as a model. What did he create ?
28)This is called Gunter's chain.It was designed and introduced in 1620 by English clergyman and mathematician Edmund Gunter long before the development of sophisticated equipment to accurately survey and plots of land for legal and commercial purposes. It consists of 100 links, each link measuring 7.92 inches, precisely. It is not used these days. However, it remains as a perfect measure of something. What? (Conversion Table- 1 foot=.333333333333333 yards) Log calculation will be valued.
30) Julius Caesar's nephew, Octavius too wanted a month named after him just like Julius had July named after him. So which month was named after him?
*31) What do you think the cutoff will be? I am expecting it to be around 20-22. Correct answer will be given after we finish correcting.
*31) Do you think you will get in to the finals?? Imagine. This question carries marks. Suppose you write No and you just fail to clear the cut-off, then, your answer to this question Will be right!! you will get another mark..then you can just get the cut-off mark and can Possibly scrape through!! So think well and answer.
*32) Who do you think will be conducting the finals?
Note: We do not evaluate the star questions. We have a few questions in mind to be taken as Tie-Breakers. I can't openly declare that a certain question is a tie-breaker because all of them are easy. We will consider all the so called workoutable ones as tie-breakers.