1. Egypt’s main national newspaper “AlAhram”- That we need to preserve the past to tell a truthfull storyand protect it from being altered.-Al Ahram before the revolution was glorifying ex-presidentMubarak and after the revolution they cursed him andrequested his trial for corruption.Faulty news are marked with a big X
2. 26th January 2011 http://www.ahram.org.eg/pdf/Zoom_1500/45341/index.html Disturbance in Lebanon! Small limited peaceful protests in Egypt X
3. 27th January 2011 http://www.ahram.org.eg/pdf/Zoom_1500/45342/index.html 4 Dead, 162 policemen injured and 118 civilian injured, arresting 100
4. 28th January 2011 http://www.ahram.org.eg/pdf/Zoom_1500/45343/index.html (Friday of Anger and Revolt) The president is making sure civilians are ok and peace is getting into Alexandria X Mubarak asks the government to be concerned more with unemployment and poverty
5. 29th January 2011 http://www.ahram.org.eg/pdf/Zoom_1500/45344/index.html Curfew declared in big cities The army and X police try to maintain safety
6. 30th January 2011 http://www.ahram.org.eg/pdf/Zoom_1500/45345/index.html New vice-president declared and Police are absent Thugs escaping from prisons
7. 31st January 2011 http://www.ahram.org.eg/pdf/Zoom_1500/45346/index.html The President meets with the Army The Police are back in the streets X
8. 1st February 2011 http://www.ahram.org.eg/pdf/Zoom_1500/45347/index.html New government with no “businessmen”* X *The regime was composed of businessmen who became richer by influencing the government to their benefit.
9. 2nd February 2011 http://www.ahram.org.eg/pdf/Zoom_1500/45348/index.html A million-member revolution asks for change.
10. 3rd February 2011 http://www.ahram.org.eg/pdf/Zoom_1500/45349/index.html Millions in the streets supporting Mubarak. X A million-member march in the love of the president in Cairo X A day of loyalty to the president in all Egyptian cities X
11. 4th February 2011 http://www.ahram.org.eg/pdf/Zoom_1500/45350/index.html Protesters are still in the Tahrir square and neither Mubarak nor his son will run for next presidency
12. 5th February 2011 http://www.ahram.org.eg/pdf/Zoom_1500/45351/index.html Hundreds of thousands in Al Tahrir Square asking for change and the Army protects them Vice-president: Mubarak can’t leave now as chaos will spread if he did.
13. 6th February 2011 http://www.ahram.org.eg/pdf/Zoom_1500/45352/index.html Obama: Mubarak is a patriot and he needs to make the right decision
14. 7th February 2011 http://www.ahram.org.eg/pdf/Zoom_1500/45353/index.html Washington changes its stand and insists the difficulty of Mubarak’s departure prior to the elections
15. 8th February 2011 http://www.ahram.org.eg/pdf/Zoom_1500/45353/index.html Notes in general talking about corrupts and people asking for their prosecution.
16. 9th February 2011 http://www.ahram.org.eg/pdf/Zoom_1500/45354/index.html Protests exceed Al Tahrir Square and surround the parliament.
17. 10th February 2011 http://www.ahram.org.eg/pdf/Zoom_1500/45355/index.html Settling on modifying 6 parts in the constitution.
18. 11th February 2011 http://www.ahram.org.eg/pdf/Zoom_1500/45356/index.html Mubarak is extending the vice- president’s powers and responsibilities to include the presidential ones.
19. 12th February 2011 http://www.ahram.org.eg/pdf/Zoom_1500/45357/index.html The people brought down the regime The youth’s revolution forced Mubarak to leave.
20. 13th February 2011 http://www.ahram.org.eg/pdf/Zoom_1500/45358/index.html Cleaning Egypt
21. 14th February 2011 http://www.ahram.org.eg/pdf/Zoom_1500/45359/index.html Suspending the constitution and the Parliament. The Mubaraks family fortune exceeds 3 Billion dollars
22. 15th February 2011 http://www.ahram.org.eg/pdf/Zoom_1500/45360/index.html The corrupt are falling The Police are asking for forgiveness and the people are skeptical.
23. 20th February 2011 http://www.ahram.org.eg/pdf/Zoom_1500/45365/index.html Every Corrupt will be chased. A request to prosecute Gamal Mubarak
24. In the love of Chase the Mubarak corrupt The people brought down the regime
25. Why do we need to navigate the web inthe past?1- To tell a better story • Katrina Example. • Japan’s tsunami. • Revolutions in the Middle East.2- To preserve and maintain history from being altered. • Egypt’s main national newspaper “Al-Ahram” • Articles by writers and Journalists.
26. Articles by JournalistsA lot of journalists who were supporting the old corruptregime shifted their opinions and stated they weresupporting the revolution from day 1.-We have articles of before and after for some.-And some were cautious and deleted the traces for pre-revolution articles.
27. Journalists Before and Afterhttp://www.rosaonline.net/Daily/Author.asp?ID=46http://www.dostor.org/culture/news/11/february/13/36269
28. http://www.dostor.org/culture/news/11/march/15/38175Google translation:"The removal of all Bakris week editions from the site of thenewspaper and he just kept on the editions that followedthe revolution Jan. 25 in a move described as an attempt to getrid of the evidence relates to his strong relationswith Mubarak and his son Gamal...."