1. Simple Plan – Your Love is a Lie CD Digipak Inside Cover Album Name – Simple Plan (Self Titled)
2. Step 1• Firstly, I started by uploading the photographs I had taken when filming the performance parts of my music video, and choosing my favourite photograph. I chose this photograph because the poses from the band members are quite jokey which matches the personality of Simple Plan, and would also appeal to the target audience. The photograph is displayed below.
3. Step 2• I then altered the image to black and white so that it went well with the rest of my Digipak design and colour scheme which is red white and black.
4. Step 3• After changing it to black and white, I then changed the shadows and highlights of the picture so that it stood out more and looked slightly more abstract. I also thought that this design fit the target audience of Simple Plan more because it looks slightly like a poster effect and makes the instruments and band members stand out in contrast with the black background.
5. Step 4• I then placed this image on the left hand side of my Digipak inside cover. Then, I chose a photograph I have taken in London of a tunnel in a tube station. I chose this photograph because I thought I could make it look abstract, and it also is a circle shape going into a focus point and I thought this would look good behind a CD which is a circle shape. Below is the original photo.
6. Step 5• I then made this photograph black and white as well, to match the image on the left hand side of the inside cover of the Digipak. Although at this point, it still looked greyscale and did not match the other image.
7. Step 6• Therefore I decided to alter the brightness and contrasts of this image so that the white and black contrasted more with each other and so that it matched the image of the band and looked like a poster effect.
8. Step 7• I then placed my second photograph next to my band photograph as the completed inside cover. Although it looks quite busy and monotonous due to the lack of colour, I think it is quite effective as the image on the right hand side will be covered by a plastic disc tray, and also the CD itself; so whilst the CD is in the case, it will only be the band photograph that is visible. However when the CD is removed from the disc tray, it still will not look as busy due to the plastic disc tray. Also, the bold busy design also fits well with the target audience and genre of the music being rock. On the next slide is my completed inside cover of my Digipak.