On October 23rd, 2014, we updated our
By continuing to use LinkedIn’s SlideShare service, you agree to the revised terms, so please take a few minutes to review them.
5 Ways To Start A Conversation To Get Business Using TwitterPresentation Transcript
MAKE SURE YOU ARE BEING STRATEGIC ABOUT
• What is your goal in initiating a conversation?
• How can you help this person?
• Is this conversation that you are following,
participating in, going to attract the people you are
looking to build relationship with?
• Are they your target customers?
• Are they people you can learn from?
• Search for conversations you have interest or expertise in by
using hashtags (#keyword). This will pop up a feed of all of the
tweets that contain those keywords and discussions.
• You can also type in geographical location to connect with local
• If you have something to share that can solve a problem or add to
the conversation, you can reply or use the @ sign and the
person’s username (ex. @hannahchatmedia). To join in.
FOLLOWING CHATS ON TWITTER
• Often there are chats designated towards a particular subject
• Follow along, and if you have something to helpful to add, or have
a question jump on in!
• You can find interesting chats related to specific keywords here:
ATTRACT PEOPLE BY ASKING THOUGHTFUL
Ask questions in your tweets and make sure to use relevant and
trending hashtags (#keywords) to “tag” the conversation, so
people interested in the same topic can easily find you.
SHARE INFORMATIVE TWEETS WITH OTHERS
WHO FOLLOW YOU
• Open a dialogue and give credit to the original poster or creator
• Don’t just hit RT. Put a comment in, and share to inspire
• Also, reply back to the person who originally shared and let them
know your thoughts on the piece of content.
FOLLOW AND KEEP UP WITH “HOSTS” OF
RELEVANT TWITTER CHATS
Participate in the chats, help them by retweeting their posts, leaving
comments, and adding to the conversation with relevant points or
helpful links and questions.
KEEP IN MIND …
• Twitter moves quickly, so always try to respond to people in a
• Most people expect a response within an hour to a tweet. While
this may not be possible, try to keep it within 6 hours max.