Social media can be used to help attain a variety of busienss objectives. But the best social media strategies are those that focus (at least initially) on a more narrow rationale for social. What do you primarily want to use social for? Awareness? Sales? Loyalty and retention? Pick one.
How will you act like a person, not an entity?
How will your organization appeal to the heart of your audience, rather than the head? Disney isn’t about movies, it’s about magic. Apple isn’t about technology, it’s about innovation. What are you about?
1. Developing a 360°Digital Strategy@HamzaK
2. About Me
4. It is no longer acceptablefor a brand to wait forthe audience to visit
12. Strategy is a plan for obtaining agoal based on the information athand
13. Information at hand are the piecesof information related to the goalthat help inform the strategy
14. Information is gained byFailingAnalyzingDataParticipatingObservingTakingCoursesReadingInterviewingDoing
15. For Example…
16. Sample StrategyGoalGet 100 alumni tobuy tickets for thecharity dinner at theend of the month.InsightAlumni association ishosting a networkingevent next week andalso has access to1000+ membersacross social media.StrategySponsor alumninetworking event andinclude regularmessaging via socialmedia as part of deal.
17. Four Core Stages to Building AndRunning A Digital StrategyPlanningCreationActualisationEvaluation
21. EvaluationEvaluating KPIsandachievementsReviewingengagementand unexpectedlonger termbenefitsTaking lessonson board tobuild strongerfuturecampaignsScoring thestrategy and thebenefits it hasgiven
22. Digital strategy means somethingthat will change my bottom line in3-6 months.Shiv Singh, PepsiCo
23. This is Social Media
24. Content Calendar
25. Cloud Computing
26. Project Management Suite
29. Channel Mix
30. Social Policy
31. Stay Abreast of Industry Trends
32. Measuring Social MediaREACH• Visits/Views• Followers/FansENGAGEMENT• Likes/Retweets• CommentsACTION• Downloads• Sign-Ups
33. Review• No excuse for not developing digital strategy• Strategy: A plan for obtaining a goal based onthe information at hand• 4 core stages to building strategy: 1) Evaluation2) Planning 3) Actualisation 4) Creation• Digital strategy essentials: Content calendar,cloud computing, project management suite,inventory, playbook, channel mix, social policy,education
34. Next Steps
35. 1) Build An Ark
36. 2) Listen & Compare
37. 3) What’s The Point
38. 4) Select Success Metrics
39. 5) Analyze Your Audiences
40. 6) How Will You Be Human?
41. 7) What’s Your One Thing?
42. 8) Create A Channel Plan
45. Big Data Becomes Easier To Manage
46. Social Media Personalizes Your Feeds
47. PersonalizationBecomes A Marketing Priority
48. Google+ Also Becomes A Priority
49. Can’t Ignore International And NicheNetworks
50. Visual Marketing Grows
51. Real Time MarketingOver Campaigns
52. Marketers Consolidate Their Mix
53. Show MeThe ROI
54. Content MarketingRemains The Focus
55. Look Out For Google Glass
57. Review• Next steps: 1) Build an ark 2) Listen &compare 3) What’s the point 4) Measuresuccess metrics 5) Analyze your audiences 6)How will you be human? 7) What’s your onething 8) Create a channel plan• Future of digital: Simple, immediate, social,integrated, personalized
58. In conclusion, when it comes todigital strategy, employ theboldness and improvisation ofGandalf. But temper that with themeticulousness and caution of…