2. Target AudienceFor this marketing campaign, the target audience is users between the ages of 18-25. Targeting this age group will be effective because: This generation relies heavily on technology College-age students spend a great amount of time on their computers and mobile devices
3. Challenges & GoalsPossible Challenges Goals Standing out from Improve Yahoo’s competitors social media Creating effective presence Facebook ads Create internet Getting young marketing campaign people interested in Develop a more the campaign interactive user experience
4. Campaign ThemeThe main theme of this campaign is creating a more interactive user experience for Yahoo.comThe campaign will focus on the areas of: InternetMarketing Social Media Presence Mobile Marketing
5. Internet Marketing To improve Internet marketing, a Facebook ad campaign should be created. This ad campaign will focus on marketing specific elements of Yahoo that appeal to the target audience. The ads will include content written in a way that attracts the attention of young people. Example ad content: “Don’t look like an idiot in class. Keep yourself informed with Yahoo News.”
6. Social Media Presence Social media needs to be a main focus of the campaign. We will use the Facebook and Twitter pages already in use, but we will improve them by: Creating ways for users to feel a more personal connection with the site Developing what is posted, how it is posted, and what users can do with the posts
7. Mobile Marketing This campaign will utilize the Yahoo apps that exist by making them more user-friendly. We will develop the apps so that Yahoo articles can be viewed, commented on, and reposted easily. We will also develop a function where users can send comments directly to Yahoo.com to voice opinions and suggestions for the site and mobile apps.
8. Linking these ElementsTogetherThe elements of social media, internet marketing, and mobile marketing will all embody the theme of the campaign. All three elements will be marketed around the idea of a more interactive user experience. The Facebook ad will link to the improved Yahoo News site. The Facebook and Twitter pages and mobile apps will provide more options for users to interact with each other and with representatives from Yahoo itself.
9. Measuring Success To measure success of the campaign, we will take these necessary steps: Track the Facebook ads and their effectiveness Enact Google Analytics (or a similar program) that tracks the traffic to the site Read the user comments that will be made available with our new social media and mobile marketing elements
10. Budget & TimelineBudget Timeline The proposed budget One year from for this campaign is concept to launch $1.5 million Specific goals to be To be spread out over accomplished each the Facebook ad month campaign, app development, and Monthly status increased social meetings to keep on media user interaction track