How to Generate Sales with Content Marketing

Uploaded on

Have you made the two big connections with content marketing? …

Have you made the two big connections with content marketing?

The first: that starting an effective content marketing process will allow you to reach far more buyers.

The second: that to make reaching more buyers “pay off,” you need to connect your content marketing process with sales.

But how do you make an effective start? How do you create a content generation “machine?” What are the secrets to converting page views to dollars?

Our panel of experts will help you make the two big connections during a lively webinar, “How to Generate Sales with Content Marketing,” Thursday, March 28, 2013 at 1:00 p.m. ET.

Our panelists:
- Katrina Busselle, Vice President of Client Services for Fisher Vista
- Jessica Miller-Merrell, Founder & Chief Blogger at Blogging4Jobs
- Nick Fishman, Chief Marketing Officer at employeescreenIQ
- Dave Weisbeck, Chief Strategy Officer at Visier Corporation
- Kevin Jorgensen, Owner of Innovative Marketing Resources

The panelists will share personal insights into their own experiences and successes with content marketing, including:

· An overview of content marketing tactics (e.g. direct email marketing, article placements, social media).
· How to use premium content (registration required) and “free” content (no registration) to generate and nurture leads.
· The importance of defined goals and realistic budgets.
· How to measure results and adjust your strategy and tactics accordingly.

Links to the recorded webinar and supporting materials available here:

More in: Business
  • Full Name Full Name Comment goes here.
    Are you sure you want to
    Your message goes here
    Be the first to comment
    Be the first to like this
No Downloads


Total Views
On Slideshare
From Embeds
Number of Embeds



Embeds 0

No embeds

Report content

Flagged as inappropriate Flag as inappropriate
Flag as inappropriate

Select your reason for flagging this presentation as inappropriate.

    No notes for slide
  • listen discover engage
  • *Use email image with heads for this slide. ask Shelley for image file– she bought it.
  • ball


  • 1. Content Marketing – A Process
  • 2. Content Marketing – A Process Mark Kevin Nick Jessica DaveWillaman Jorgensen Fishman Miller-Merrell Weisbeck
  • 3. CONTENT MARKETING:Are you ready?
  • 4. Source: Rienpost at nl.wikipedia
  • 5. Establish a Realistic BudgetContent Marketing Spend by CompanyCompany Size Creation Distribution Total(employees)Fewer than 10 $22,700 $34,000 $56,70010 to 99 $42,400 $100,000 $142,400100 to 999 $77,200 $258,000 $335,2001,000+ $182,300 $875,000 $1,057,300Average $78,600 $301,000 $379,600Source: Custom Content Council, 2012
  • 6. Establish a Realistic BudgetRevenue Goals ?New Deals Needed ?Qualified Leads Needed ?Tactics Needed to DriveQualified Leads(and what content is needed to support these tactics) ?Cost of Tactics ?
  • 7. Nowyou’reready...
  • 8. Kevin Jorgensen: Website
  • 9. Content Marketing – A Process
  • 10. Your Website – The Main Event
  • 11. Your Website is YOU
  • 12. Nick Fishman: Content
  • 13. Content Marketing – A Process
  • 14. Source: Weatherman90 at en.wikipedia
  • 15. Content
  • 16. OurSurvey
  • 17. Jessica Miller-Merrell: Tactics
  • 18. Content Marketing – A Process
  • 19. Tactics – Promote Your Content
  • 20. Dave Weisbeck: Measure
  • 21. Content Marketing – A Process
  • 22. Measure
  • 23. MeasureYou can expect what you inspect. - W. Edwards Demming
  • 24. Visits to Leads
  • 25. Conversion Rates
  • 26. Sources for New Leads
  • 27. Content Marketing – A Process
  • 28. The Role of Social Media and Content in the Sales Process Unqualified people looking for answersMeet Me Social Media, Blogs Lead White papers, surveys Success stories, videoKnow Me Webinars, slide presentations EbooksNurturing Budgeting and planning toolsTrust Me Proposals Qualified Opportunities
  • 29. PerspectiveLinkedIn is the most popular social mediaplatform for B2Bs with an 83% adoption rate.65% have acquired a customer via LinkedIn. Only 27% of B2B leads are sales-ready when first generated. This makes lead nurturing essential for capitalizing on the other 73%.
  • 30. FAQs Mark Willaman:Define, Plan, Budget ??? Kevin Jorgensen: Website Nick Fishman: Jessica Miller- Dave Weisbeck: Content Merrell: Tactics Measure
  • 31. Thank you for joining us!Here are some follow-up resources for you:• Connect with Mark to discuss any of the topics from today:• Visit us on Slideshare for a copy of today’s slides:• Like us on Facebook to get updates and content from around the web about effective content marketing:• View our Content Marketing Pinterest for the latest content marketing infographics and charts:• Download the article: “Content Marketing: The Best Way to Reach and Influence HR”• Or visit: