While mainting rigor we did not allow the relevance of the knowledge to be subverted. WE have used qualitative methods with equal success where preciseness and accuracy of the responses is not as important as the inclusivity and diversity of the information.
1. Barefoot Researchers &Community Education PUKAR Experience Health First December 2, 2012. Dr. Anita Patil-Deshmukh
2. Right To Research- Prof. Appadurai• Research as a tool:• Pedagogy• Advocacy• Intervention• Transformation
3. Kaula Bandar: Celebrated CBPR
4. Water water every where….
5. PUKAR Team: 2009-2012• 4 Research Associates, two physicians• 30 Barefoot Researchers with appropriate training of• Research ethics, instruments• Anthropometry, water, sanitation, diarrhea, immunization, mental health
6. Decentralization of power of knowledge
7. Decentralization of power of knowledge
8. Alarming Health Indicators• Immunization rate: 47.4% (68.7% NFHS 06-07)• Measles: 61.9% ( 87.5% in NFHS)• IMR: 58.1 verses 24.9 ( NFHS)• Women with no education: 42.6% (19.3%)