Abstracts Submissions Now Close on 30 September 2013 – …
Abstracts Submissions Now Close on 30 September 2013 –
The Conference will use a combination of interactive and non-interactive sessions to provide platforms for participants to share knowledge and lessons. These will include panel discussions and oral presentations.
• A maximum of 350 words, excluding spacing
• Please submit in Microsoft Word, Notepad, WordPad or Adobe PDF files for easy access
• Authors whose abstracts have been selected for an oral presentation will be invited to submit their paper for a special edition journal Deadline: 30 January 2014.
Please direct all queries to the Conference Secretariat - Cailin Hedderwick.
Topics to be discussed
• Pathways of risk and the interaction of different structural drivers of HIV in different contexts
• Structural approaches to HIV programmes for high risk/vulnerable populations
• Poverty, environmental and economic stress, employment and HIV
• Gender inequality and violence, transactional sex and gender relations in sub-Saharan Africa
• Structural factors and new HIV technologies, including medical male circumcision and treatment as prevention
• Combination prevention – What is the structural element?
• Structural interventions: What works? What are missed opportunities? What are the challenges?
• Approaches to economic evaluation and assessing value for money and sustainability
• Methodological challenges and lessons learned in conducting research on structural drivers and interventions.
• Abstracts close: 30 September
• Abstract outcome notification: 12 October
• Registration closes: 29 November.
• Scholarship applications close: 8 November
• *Scholarship notification will be given on abstract acceptance.