2. A safe, decent and affordable home
will help address other critical issues
such as education and health care
3. How can we increase the supply of
A) Build and renovate for new housing
B) Rental assistance or increased incomes so
people can afford existing homes.
4. Create more housing opportunities
for low income people by passing
two bills in the State Legislature.
5. Turn some of the tens of thousands
foreclosed home in NJ into housing
people can afford.
6. Create a fund to help non-profits and
government address foreclosures by charging
$800 when foreclosure complaints are filed.
7. Expand New Jersey's state rental assistance
program (SRAP) to serve more than the
current 4,000 families.
Use the NJ Affordable Housing Trust to fund
building and rehab of homes for people of
8. Other ways to increase the supply
of homes people can afford:
New Jersey's Fair Housing Law has help
provide housing for 60,000 lower income
families since its implementation. We need
this to continue under an independent state