As shown in the results of questions 1 and
2, the audience feedback supports the idea
that I succeeded in making the trailer both
conventional of genre and of form. The
comments praise the dark nature of the film
which we knew was essential for the
psychological thriller genre while also
praising the structure of the trailer which we
crafted based on research into many other
trailers. Question 3 also shows that they
would all be encouraged to watch the film
after seeing the trailer meaning it has
achieved its primary purpose.
From the responses to questions 4, 5 and 6 it is clear
that audience feedback approves of my use of the
technical elements in the trailer as well as both the
ancillary products. The comments particularly praise
the camerawork and soundtrack in the trailer as well as
the use of image and layout in the ancillary products.
The only minor criticisms are of some aspects of mise-
en-scene in the trailer although it has improved since
The answers to question 7
supports my argument in
question 2 of the evaluation
that all 3 of my products
successfully link together to
promote the film. The fact that
the audience recognise
recurring themes and styles
between the products is a
positive sign in showing the
success they would have as a
real film marketing campaign.
Wallwisher and YouTube
Other feedback obtained by the Paddlet
which can be viewed above on this page
as well as the comments on the YouTube
page for my trailer also give similar
positive feedback. The YouTube
comments to the left compliment the
dark atmosphere of the trailer which
relates to the genre while also stating it
would make the film appeal to them,
once again confirming the view that my
trailer has achieved its main purpose.
The Wallwisher comments acknowledge
a clear brand identity of the film through
these products which is an important
factor in the marketing process
The first of my feedback videos was a comparison between the first and final drafts of my
trailer. This was important in marking the scale of improvement throughout my work. The
main points of improvement mentioned include:
• The inclusion of an effectively paced and exciting soundtrack to convey the mood.
• Better use of editing to structure our footage more like a trailer than simply a collection
• More effective and varied shot types.
• More conventional to the psychological thriller genre.
The second video was focused on the ancillary products with the main areas praised
• The contrasting view of the protagonist on one and the antagonist on the other.
• The way they reveal aspects of the plot of the film through props and events.
• The reviews shown on the poster as an effective way of appealing to the target
• The use of bold fonts.
What the first video has helped me to understand is that:
• The knowledge I gained from my research into similar products was a vital process in the
understanding of how to make a trailer and made mine more successful.
• The use of technology, both in production and post production is a vital element in making the
trailer seem appealing to the target audience and relating it to the genre.
• That the opinion of the target audience is a key factor in the productions success and popularity
The second video revealed that:
• Ancillary products play an important part in supporting the trailer in promoting the film.