2. RDBMS Broadly used in the software industry, by tons of people
3. We want Smalltalk inbusiness Applications!
4. What is DBXTalk? An Open Source Relational DB Solution for Smalltalk A common Database API – OpenDBX Driver An ORM – new Pharo Glorp Port Scaffolding Tools – DBX Magritte A GUI to rule them all – DBXBrowser
5. OpenDBX Driver Just an Adapter! But written in C!!
6. New Pharo Glorp Port Results over 800 unit tests Oracle - 7 errors, 1 failure MySql -100% green tests PostgreSQL - 7 errors, 1 failure SQLite - 6 failures Native PostgresV2 Driver - 2 failures
7. DBX Magritte DBXEntitiesGlorp Mappings GUIs
8. DBXBrowser A GUI to interact with all the previous Query a DB Edit DBXEntities Try Glorp ...
9. New Documentation OpenDBXDriver Pharo by Example draft chapter! Glorp & DBX Magritte chapters coming soon
10. Demo(not Marianos Showtime slide)
11. So, Thanks! Esug Summer of Talk 2011!!! Students: Guillermo Polito, Gisela Decuzzi, Santiago Bragagnolo Mentors: Mariano Martinez Peck, Esteban Lorenzano, Diógenes MoreiraAnd Thanks to Alan Knight from the Glorp Team, Norbert Sendetzky from OpenDBX for their contributions!
12. Conclusions Conclusion: We can do serious stuff! Further work: Finish work in progress (soon, I promise!) Glorp documentation Updating website (and that boring stuff)
13. Some links Site, until we get a new domain: http://dbxtalk.smallworks.com.ar/ Wheres the code? http://squeaksource.com/DBXTalk/ Is there an issue tracker? Yes http://code.google.com/p/dbxtalk Own Mailing list (just not to bother pharos people) http://groups.google.com/group/dbxtalk