1. First, a big thanks to:
Jeremy Flint (@jeremyﬂint)
Shift Workspace (@ShiftWorkspace)
For hosting this presentation on quot;
June 4, 2009.
2. Social Media Clients
3. So why create a quot;
social media strategy?
4. Without a clear direction, quot;
social media can pull you quot;
in all directions.
5. Clear goals and realistic
expectations can help avoid:
Social media fatigue
6. It starts with asking yourself a
few tough questions.
7. Question 1:
What are you after?
Proving your brand?
9. Can you distill your quot;
social media mission down toquot;
10. quot;Anything that creates positive
lasting memory is customer service.quot;
— Tony Hsieh,
11. Zappos live chat excerpt:
(done entirely in 3rd person)
Timmy: Timmy thanks Jonathan for good help.
Jonathan: Jonathan welcomes Timmy. Can Jonathan
do anything more for Timmy?
Timmy: no that is all timmy needs
Timmy: timmy happy
Jonathan: Good. Does Timmy have an account set
up with Zappos yet?
Jonathan: Jonathan will upgrade Timmy’s account.
12. “Humanize the Ford brand and put
consumers in touch with Ford
— Scott Monty,
Ford Motor Co.
13. quot;Instill trust in the brand, and
highlight that the people behind the
brand are parents too.”
— Lindsay Lebresco,
14. A core philosophy gives you a
daily focus and helps deﬁne
15. Question 2:
How will you know quot;
if it’s working?
16. Social media gives you a
chance to set metrics that quot;
suit your philosophy.