14. Green RoofsAquacultureRainwater CatchmentCommunity GardensUrban Sustainability
15. Habitat Restoration Cultural Preservation Hospitality Carbon OﬀsetsEcoTourism
16. Organic FoodsLocal Production/DeliveryAquaculturePackagingIndustrial CompostingLocal Food and Farmers
17. Higher Education Job Training Non-Pro ts Construction, Retro tsGreen Jobs
18. Non-Pro t Activism Advocacy and Policy IT Development JournalismOpen Government
19. Sustainable Forestry Watershed Preservation Wilderness ManagementSustainable Land Management
20. We believe that business can bea positive force in the world.
21. Program Overview
22. Dominican University
23. School ofBusiness and Leadership MBA in MBA in MBA in Global Strategic Sustainable Management Leadership Enterprise
24. On-campus PartnersEnvironmental science and Ecologyfaculty (undergraduate minor)Center for SustainabilityEnvironmental Finance CenterCertiﬁcate Programs
25. Academic CommunityCohorts of 20Variety of life experience and backgroundsFaculty & Mentors partner with studentsLocal to Global Reach
26. Experienced Practitioners…!Personal and Professionally Committed!! Faculty!Dedicated Faculty With Over Decade of Commitment to the Program.
27. StudentsAll kinds of backgrounds…. Multi-generational
28. What are classes like?Small cohortsGroup workExperiential Field WorkChallenging and fulﬁlling
29. Special GuestsAl Gore, Ted Danson, Bill McKibben, Paul Hawken, Suze Orman
30. CurriculumThe rigor of a traditional MBA combined with innovative sustainability eduction.
31. Tracks Units/ Starting Class Work Track Total Time Semester Semester Time Academic 44 hours/ Schedule 12 20 Months Fall Only week(Summers Off) Year Round 24 Months 33 hours/ 9 Spring/Fall3/4 Schedule (2 year) week Year Round 36 Months 22 hours/ 6 Spring/Fall1/2 Schedule (3 year) week
32. Learning Format• 2 Weekends Per Month Onsite Classroom Time • Saturday and Sunday All-Day Classes• Online and Group Assignments in-between• Structured For Students to Hold Full-Time or Part-Time Jobs
33. Curriculum Overview1.Foundation Courses (6 units + 3 unit prerequisite)2.Core Courses (15 units)3.Domain Courses (24 units)4.The Culminating Experience (3 units) TOTAL: 48-51 Units
34. 1. Foundation• Prerequisite: Financial Accounting (3 units) • Undergraduate course work with a grade of ‘B’ or better may substitute for Prerequisite.• Intrapreneurial Finance 1.5 units• Marketing Research Methods 3 units• Economics for Managers 1.5 units• Total Foundation Courses 6-9 unit
35. 2. Core• Communication Skills for Business Transformation: 3 units• Managerial and Environmental Accounting: 3 units• Marketing Strategy and Tactics: 3 units• Entrepreneurial Finance: 3 units• Thriving Regenerative Enterprise: 3 units• Total Core Courses: 15 units
36. 3. Domains• Critical Thinking for Business Redesign: 6 units• Social Impacts of Enterprises: 3 units• Organizational Behavior for Business Transformation: 3 units• New Media for Green and Social Marketing: 3 units• Eco-Commerce Models: 3 units• Operations Management: 3 units• Ecological Economics: 3 units• Total Domain Courses: 24 units
37. 4. Culminating Experience• Capstone in Strategic Enterprise Planning: 3 unit • Business Plan for new business or existing business.
38. Student and Alumni Work
39. Julie Nunn• Director of Product Development and Stores at The Exploratorium
40. Ofer Morag• Formerly a regional manager at FedEx/Kinko• Now a Motion Pictures and Film Consultant
41. Avary Kent• Manager, Ecological Business Strategy at BioLogical Capital• formerly Corporate Advisory Analyst at HIP Investor
42. Michelle Knight• Director of Marketing and Customer Success at UpMo
43. Keith Wilson• Accounting Manager at Numi Tea
44. David Corzilius• Operations Control Support for DNV (Det Norske Veritas) in SF, Risk Management
45. Jonel Seon• Business Administrator at GreenHeart Global, Industrial Design.
46. Jennifer Llacera• Product Marketing Manager, MobileMe at Apple Inc.
47. Phoebe Higgins• Project Manager/Loan Officer at California Fisheries Fund
48. Sheila Wakida• Senior Product Manager- Saas and Web Services at Autodesk
49. Mike Yohay• Founder at Cityscape Farms, an Urban Agriculture Company
50. Stacie Shepp• Executive Director of the Green Chamber of Commerce.• Chapters in San Francisco, Las Vegas, North Carolina and more coming.• Over 300 Business Members.
51. Zachary Davis• Alumni Zachary Davis funds an organic Ice Cream shop with Government Stimulus Loans.• Creates a YouTube video to thank President Obama for Stimulus Loan program.• The video goes viral and gets recognized by Vice-President Joe Biden.
53. StudentResidence• Many students relocate to the Bay Area from other states and countries to be in our program.• 1/3 of students live in the North Bay• 1/3 live in the East Bay• 1/3 live in San Francisco and the southern peninsula.
54. Requirements• 4 Year Undergraduate Degree• College Transcripts• Financial Accounting Prerequisite• GMAT and GRE recommended, but not required• Work Experience• Written Personal Statement (3-5 pages)• 2 Letters of Recommendation, Personal or Professional
55. Working While In School• Many students do hold jobs while in school.• The program has been designed with several program structures and bi-monthly weekend classes to give students the ﬂexibility for work and other responsibilities.• The admissions department at Dominican can help you determine which structure will work best for your situation.
56. Tuition• Tuition for the Fall 2011 Semester is $825 per unit.• Total Estimated Cost of Education: $39,600 (48 units)
57. Financial Aid• Students Taking 6 or more Credits are Eligible for Financial Aid• Federal Direct Loans• Scholarships and Grants• Check Dominican.edu for complete information
58. Applying• Applications are accepting on a rolling basis.• We are currently accepting applications for Fall 2011 and Spring 2012.
59. Next Steps• Apply Today• Attend Classes• Setup an Interview• Follow us on Social Media
60. Follow Us!• Facebook.com/TheGreenMBA• Twitter.com/GreenMBA• GreenMBA.com/Blog• LinkedIn: Green MBA