The International Green Technology Institute, Inc. (IGTI), a non profit corporation, and the Green E-Team have launched Project Green Heart Vets Homeless Prevention Initiative to empower veterans to rebuild and repower America with renewable resources. The Plan 2020 proposes to establish six (6) Empowerment Centers for Excellence in Hawaii and California to educate, train and incubate a new generation of green collar workforce and eco-entrepreneurs to become the economic engine in their local communities. The Green Vets Mission is to protect our national security from our addiction to and dependence on foreign oil and to secure our future food supply as well as insure the safety and quality of our food locally grown in eco industrial greenhouse farms. .
The Kalaeloa Community Development District (Kalaeloa) was conceived with the announced closure of the Barbers Point Naval Air Station in 1993. Federal, state, and city government representatives, area stakeholders and the public coordinated the completion of a Community Redevelopment Plan for Kalaeloa that defined land use and ownership amongst various government entities. The Kalaeloa Master Plan was adopted on March 1, 2006. Highlights of the Kalaeloa Master Plan include: a. 3 million square feet of light industrial, commercial, retail and office space b. creation of an estimated 7,000 jobs c. approximately 6,350 residential units (minimum 30 percent affordable) d. transit-oriented development and regional connections e. opportunities for high-technology development f. alternative energy development to promote self-sufficiency g. new public schools h. preservation of recreation, open space and shoreline i. protection of cultural sites and endangered species through a Native Hawaiian Culture & Education Center
The Perfect Economic Storm is converging all at once and is threatening our global economic system. This crisis will enable and facilitate the transition from a grey economy built on fossil fuel to a green economy powered with renewable resources.
The Green Internet Revolution is part of the Third Wave Revolution as described by Alvin and Heidi Tofler. It is the convergence of the Information technology (IT) and the Green Technology (GT) to bridge the digital divide between the rich and the poort nations in the world.
The Empowerment Center for Excellence is a “green boot campus” where veterans will learn online and train onsite in the area of solar, biofuel, hydrogen fuel cells, wind and other renewable technology applications. The Virtual Green Boot Camp will be an online training will use latest Avatar training techniques. These sophisticated learning tool are being used by the Fortune 500 companies to train their workers. It is similar to the gaming technology that youngster are involved with. .
The Kalaeloa Center for Excellence will be patterned after the Audubon Center at Debs Park near downtown Los Angeles. The Center is the first U.S. LEED Platinum building that is totally off the grid…no electricity from LADWP, no gas line from SoCal Gas, no sewer connection…only water is provided. This 5,000 s.f. office and conference center is owned and operated by the Audubon Society to provide the children in the community how to live sustainably with the natural environment. It is one of the finest example of a symbiotic relationship between man and nature.
The Green Retrofit Plan mission is to educate a new generation of green collar workforce to repower our communities through energy efficiency appliances and the installation of green power generation systems.
This is an example of a mobile onsite straining program for the Green Retrofit Solar Training Program. Qualified veterans will have a intensive 8 day training program from energy auditing to solar installation.
The Community Green Micro Utility Cooperative program is a locally organized non-profit company that will work with the community to implement many of the carbon reduction measures set forth by the State. Green Retrofit education and training program will prepare veterans to retrofit buildings in their cities to meet the new energy efficiency standards establish by the state and federal government. The local cities would be encourage to develop a plan to retrofit all of the public buildings, include school campuses, hospitals, etc.
This is an example in Los Angeles of a home that is outfitted with 2 kW photovoltaic panels with 10 kW of Icel storage battery. The idea is for the free energy from the sun and the cheap energy for the batteries are used first, before the grid power is used. The batteries are charge with solar energy as well as cheap power at night from the grid.
The assembly of solar desalination system can play an important role in developing an industry for solar distillers at Kalaeloa Green Technology Park.
The Concrete Structural Insulated Panel can be the next home building technology that will be used, especially in the tropical areas where termites and molds have become a major costly maintenance problem. A Volcan Wall production facility can be located at the Kalaeloa Green Technology Park.
Solar cooling can become a major part of energy savings, especially for hotels, schools, and public buildings. Sun Chiller, Inc. will be interested in locating a Center for Solar Absorption Cooling Assembly at the Park.
The Green Technology Park envision a Solar Energy & Battery Tech Park that will become part of the development of the Green Technology Park. This project is currently operating in the City of Anaheim.
The Center for LED Street Light Assembly is part of the Kalaeloa Green Technology Park Development. SGNergy will work with the local company to assembly the components at the Green Technology Park. The unique technology in addition to the LED lights is the application of a proprietary heat pipe technology.
The Center for Biodiesel production can play a major role for the U.S. Military to reduce their dependence on oil and gasoline. This could be developed at the Kalaeloa Green Technology Park for all of the military application.
The Center for Wind Technology Assembly, especially for community and urban centers could become a major job creating generator on the island. These small scale wind applications will become very important in the coastal communities throughout the world.
The Center for Electric Bicycle can assembly electric bicycles and scooters on the island. Communities must consider installing bicycle lanes on their city streets.
Center for Solar NEV Assembly can be a reality, especially with the introduction of new electric vehicles. These NEVs can be customized for the local communities, since they are easy to build and assemble. An Internal Combustion Engine car has of 240 moving parts compared with an electric vehicle with only 2 moving parts.
Solar Farms are cropping up throughout Southern California Mojave Desert Region. These solar farms can be placed on contaminated fields once where sugar cane was grown.
Solar carports on large parking lots not only provide shade for the customers, but can also become a portal for charging their electric vehicles. The Center for Solar Carport Charging Assembly at the Green The Green Technology Park can provide that service to the potential customers in Hawaii and beyond. .
A variety of designs for parking carports would be part of the Center.
Imagine Hawaiian are growing their only healthy and fresh produce in their communities. The Eco Industrial Greenhouse Park will pioneer the development a high performance and intelligent greenhouse technology that integrates solar and wind power to grows vegetables vertically in a smart 24/7/365 days. This vertical aeroponics and hydroponic greenhouses will lighten our food to market carbon footprint as well as reduce the high cost of cold storage, oversupply and spoilage. Food security is an important issue, therefore, many of the former cane fields can become the location of these hitech greenhouses.
Imagine the future of farming being in a box. This is what NASA envisioned for a colony living on the moon. Aeroponic technology concept was first introduced to scientists when they observed orchids and plants growing on branches of a tree without soil in the Hawaiian rainforest. Extensive studies have been conducted in this area by our space scientist. The corporate farms that provided the mass food supply for our urban population are being threaten with the rising costs of water, chemicals, fuel, pesticides, herbicides and fertilizers, to feed the urban population. The commercial fishing companies have overfished and destroyed many of the once plentiful fishing grounds in the ocean. The future farmers of American will be urban greenhouse farmers, using technology to grow food for the growing population.
The Omega Growing system can be stacked on multi levels since each of the cylinders have an internal grow LED light system.
The Village portable greenhouse is a cost effective way of growing food for the villagers to avoid hunger. These models can be deployed throughout the local region.
In the Eco Industrial Greenhouse Park, all of the waste stream from water to biomass will be recycled, reused and reinvented to become part of a “circle economy.” This technology can be deployed at the Kalaeloa Green Technology Park.
The mass media of ABC, NBC & CBS that is controlled by Big Government and Big Corporation and hired Madison Avenue to tell you who to like, what is beautiful, what to buy and who to love is loosing the control of the mass. TV was the medium with the message, according to Marshal McLuhan. .
The Green Heart Vets Internet Studio will be an essential part of the Green City Vets Program. The studio will webcast online training programs and report the progress of many of the community projects that veterans are involved in. Medium is the Message, according to Marshall McLuhan. The Internet TV, Twitter, Facebook, and Youtube are changing the way we communicate and act. No longer will Mass Media dictate the way we live or work. Our society is being demassified and the Internet is becoming the Peoples’ medium, just as the TV broadcast was the Big Corporation and Big Government medium hiring Madison Avenue with marketing messages.
You have more information at your finger tips than the president of IBM had five years ago. If information is power, you are living in the Age of Information and Empowerment. You can create a virtual corporation with over 300 virtual employees working for your company for free. It is matter of accessing the information from Google U.
The Virtual Vets Small Business Xpo and Forum will bring together not on leaders like Secretary of Veterans Affair Shinseki, but other service providers. It will become the Virtual Portal for information on veterans training and business opportunities.
At he Virtual Vets Xpo, there will be booths available for vendors and service provider for veterans. These booths can be interactive and rented for a $100 a month. A tracking matching making system will be part of the VVX&F.
The Green Team will be a coalition of companies that have a passion for helping the veteran community to help rebuild and repower America in these difficult times. The WWII Vets returned as heroes to rebuild America into the massive Middle Class society in the world. The Middle East War veterans are coming home to see their country economically dysfunctional. The hope is these patriots will help America regain its leadership in the world as the greenest country and the greenest army to create a sustainable future in the 21 st century.
2. CONTENTS <ul><li>Introduction </li></ul><ul><li>The Perfect Economic Storm Crisis </li></ul><ul><li>Economic System to Ecosystem Transition </li></ul><ul><li>Green Technology Park </li></ul><ul><li>Empowerment Center for Excellence </li></ul><ul><li>Eco Industrial Greenhouse Farm </li></ul><ul><li>Virtual Small Business Trade Network </li></ul><ul><li>Green Internet TV Webcasting Network </li></ul><ul><li>The Green Team </li></ul>02/13/11
3. Kalaeloa Community Master Plan…Barbers Point Naval Air Station 02/13/11
4. Crisis: Perfect Economic Storm <ul><li>From global warming to global terrorism; </li></ul><ul><li>From world oil peak to the end of cheap oil; </li></ul><ul><li>From our National Security interest to our dependence on foreign oil; </li></ul><ul><li>From the continuing resource wars to the war on drugs; </li></ul><ul><li>From the current 6.5 billion population to an additional 2 billion population by 2050; </li></ul><ul><li>From the growing food security concern to the protection of food safety and supply; </li></ul><ul><li>We must transition from our economic system based on competition and greed, to an eco-systemic framework that balances the need of man and nature. </li></ul>02/13/11
5. The Green Internet Revolution <ul><li>Gray Economy to a Green Ecosystem; </li></ul><ul><li>End Industrial Revolution to Beginning of the Green Internet Revolution; </li></ul><ul><li>Massification to Demassification of the Economic Structure </li></ul><ul><li>Silk Road to the Silicon Superhighway </li></ul>02/13/11
6. Green Vets Plan 2020 Framework <ul><li>Mission </li></ul><ul><ul><li>National Security and Energy Independence </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>Food Security and Food Safety </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>Create Million Green Jobs and Ecopreneurs Businesses </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>Objectives </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>Train and create green retrofit jobs and green businesses for veterans and their families </li></ul></ul><ul><li>Action Plan </li></ul><ul><ul><li>Develop Eco-Industrial Green Technology Park </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>Develop an Empowerment Center for Excellence for Training </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>Develop a Community Solar and Food Cooperative </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>Develop Net Zero Green Villages </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>Develop a Virtual Green Xchange Center </li></ul></ul>02/13/11
7. Eco Village Transitional Housing 02/13/11
8. EMPOWERMENT CENTER FOR EXCELLENCE “GREEN BOOT CAMP” 02/13/11
9. Empowerment Center for Excellence 02/13/11
10. Green Retrofit Plan <ul><li>To educate, train and incubate a new generation of green workforce and entrepreneurs; </li></ul><ul><li>To provide jobs and develop green businesses through green retrofitting public facilities, home foreclosed properties, etc.; </li></ul><ul><li>To provide a pathway to homeownership and a sustainable future. </li></ul>02/13/11
11. Green Retrofit Solar Training Program 02/13/11
12. Community Green Micro Utility Cooperative 02/13/11
13. Center for Smart House Micro Grid 02/13/11
14. Solar Desalination Technology Assembly <ul><li>Multistage Flash Distillation </li></ul>02/13/11
15. Advanced Building Technology Assembly 02/13/11
16. Center for Solar Absorption Cooling Assembly 02/13/11
17. Center for Solar Energy & Battery Assembly 02/13/11
18. Center for LED Street Light Assembly 02/13/11
19. Center for Biodiesel Production 02/13/11
20. Center for Wind Technology Assembly 02/13/11
21. Center for Electric Bicycle Assembly 02/13/11
22. Center for Neighborhood Vehicle Assembly 02/13/11
23. Center for Solar Farm Assembly 02/13/11
24. Center for Solar Carport Charging Assembly 02/13/11
25. Center for Parking Shade Structure Design 02/13/11
26. Eco Industrial Technology Park Hightech Greenhouse Farm and Green Power Plant 02/13/11
27. Center for High Performance Greenhouse & Power Production Farm in a Box 02/13/11
28. Eco Industrial Farm Franchise 02/13/11
29. Omega Growing Technology Assembly 02/13/11
30. Smart Greenhouse Network 02/13/11 Satellite controlled vertical greenhouse farms of the future
31. Center for Portable Greenhouse Assembly <ul><li>Portable Farm Layout </li></ul><ul><li>Fish & Vegetable Garden </li></ul>02/13/11
32. Waste Water Bio Carbon & Energy Center 02/13/11
33. Global and Local Webcasting Network Neighborhood Webcasting Studio Virtual Small Business Expo 02/13/11
34. Center for Webcast Media Production 02/13/11
35. Age of Empowerment & Entrepreneurialism <ul><li>Integrating the (IT) Information Technology and (GT) Green Technology; </li></ul><ul><li>Access to Information and Training Online; </li></ul><ul><li>Virtual World Trade Center </li></ul><ul><ul><li>Access to global products and services; and </li></ul></ul><ul><li>Green Technology Cybercluster Collaboration </li></ul>02/13/11
36. Virtual Vets Small Business Xpo & Forum 02/13/11
37. Virtual Xpo Exhibit Booth 02/13/11
38. The Green Team <ul><li>Sun Chiller, Inc. </li></ul><ul><li>SYNenergy, Inc </li></ul><ul><li>Ninbus, Inc. </li></ul><ul><li>GreenI.tv, Inc. </li></ul>02/13/11
39. The End <ul><li>Les Hamasaki </li></ul><ul><li>CEO & President </li></ul><ul><li>International Green Technology Institute, Inc.(IGTI) </li></ul><ul><li>www.I-GTI.org </li></ul><ul><li>323.350.5750 </li></ul><ul><li>[email_address] </li></ul><ul><li>IGTI Hawaii </li></ul><ul><li>Donald Cagle </li></ul><ul><li>808-381-1636 </li></ul><ul><li>[email_address] </li></ul><ul><li>Harrison A. McCoy, III </li></ul><ul><li>808-382-7404 </li></ul><ul><li>[email_address] </li></ul>02/13/11