4. Acts 18:2 And he found a Jew named Aquila, a native of Pontus, having recently come from Italy with his wife Priscilla, because Claudius had commanded all the Jews to leave Rome. …
5. Romans 7:24 Wretched man that I am! Who will set me free from the body of this death?
6. A Theme of Victory
7. 1) Victory over our past. Through the work of Jesus Christ.
8. Romans 8:1-4  Therefore there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus. For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has set you free from the law of sin and of death.
9. Romans 8:1-4 For what the Law could not do, weak as it was through the flesh, God did: sending His own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh and as an offering for sin, He condemned sin in the flesh,
10. Romans 8:1-4 so that the requirement of the Law might be fulfilled in us, who do not walk according to the flesh but according to the Spirit.
11. 2) Victory in our present. Through the work of the Spirit.
12. Romans 8:7-9 because the mind set on the flesh is hostile toward God; for it does not subjectitself to the law of God, for it is not even able to do so,  and those who are in the flesh cannot please God.
13. Romans 8:7-9  However, you are notin the flesh but in the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of Goddwells in you. But if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he does not belong to Him.
14. Romans 7:6  But now we have been released from the Law,having died to that by which we were bound, so that we serve in newness of the Spirit and not in oldness of the letter.
15. Romans 8:11 But if the Spirit of Him who raised Jesus from the dead dwells in you, He whoraised Christ Jesus from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies throughHis Spirit who dwells in you.
16. Romans 8:13  for if you are livingaccording to the flesh, you must die; but if by the Spirit you are putting to death the deeds of the body, you will live.
17. Romans 8:14 For all who are being led by the Spirit of God, these are sons of God.
18. Romans 8:16  The Spirit Himselftestifies with our spirit that we are children of God,
19. Romans 8:26-27 In the same way the Spirit also helps our weakness; for we do not know how to pray as we should, but the Spirit Himself intercedes for us with groanings too deep for words;
20. Romans 8:26-27 and He who searches the hearts knows what the mind of the Spirit is, because He intercedes for the saints according to the will of God.
21. 3) Victory in our future. Through the love of God.
22. Romans 8:18,23 For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to becompared with the glory that is to be revealed to us.
23. Romans 8:18,23 And not only this, but also we ourselves, having the first fruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting eagerly for our adoption as sons, the redemption of our body.
24. Romans 8:28 And we know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose.
25. Romans 8:31-39 No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. (ESV)
26. Reflecting on whatChrist has done…
27. No matter what the world throws at us - we are more than conquerors – let’s live like it!