If you don’t
love what you
do, how do you
Why does LOVING IT matter?
If you love it, you’ll fight for it.
You’ll work harder for it.
You will want to make sure it’s perfect,
knowing that the details matter.
You will inspire everyone working on the
project to share your vision and passion.
Risk versus Fear?
Do you care enough?
Are you able to motivate others?
What is in the way of you
Loving the work that you do?
How much of this is real? And how much of it is
a story you tell yourself that stuff is in the way?
Who do you expect to solve the
Shouldn’t it be you?
Never love anybody who treats
you like you are ordinary
So what is in your way of
loving the work that you do?
We make Brands better
and Brand Leaders better
We provide advice to help Brands
find their way to higher growth
We provide brand leadership
training to help Brand Leaders
reach their full potential
Grays Cookie is
That’s Because …
(category frame of reference)
Tasty low fat cookie
Healthy Proac ve Preventers, 25-40, who want to do as much for
overall health as they can
(Ra onal/emo onal benefit/promise)
gives you the best tas ng yet guilt free pleasure so you can stay in
control of your health.
• In blind taste tests, Grays Cookies matched the market leaders on
taste, but only has 100 calories and 2g of fat.
(Reasons to believe)
With the target, benefit and reason to believe, you’ve
created a great Posi oning Statement.
• In a 12 week study, consumers using Grays once a night as a
desert were able to lose 5lbs.
• Grays uses all natural ingredients.
Try the new Visa Card, it gives
the power back to you.
• Are you red of black outs and seat
restric ons from all those points you’ve
• No Other Card Beats the x Visa. X Visa is the
card that lets you use your points on more
travel ac vi es! Use your points on any
travel ac vity, anywhere you want and
whenever you want to go. x helps you “beat
the old, red travel points system”. Unlike
most other travel credit cards, if you can
charge it on your x Visa, you can redeem it
with your points.
With the new Visa, you can go wherever
and whenever you want.
These tools can kick-start your team on the
pathway to achieving your brand’s full potential.
Ask us how we can help your brand find its way to more growth
Where We Can Help You
• Brand Positioning Statement
• Brand Concepts for Testing
• Creative Briefs ready for agency
• Brand DNA and Big Idea
• Deep dive Brand Assessment
• Brand Strategic Road Map
• Brand Plans
• Coaching through Execution
Beloved Brands Inc.
55 Bridewell Cres., Richmond Hill, ON Canada L4C 9C3 T: 416-885-3911 E: email@example.com
CREATIVE BRIEF FOR GRAY’S COOKIES
1. Why Are We Advertising
· Drive awareness and consideration of the new Grays Cookies as “The Healthy Choice to Snacking” brand
2. What’s the Consumer Problem We are Addressing
· Cookies are my enemy. I’m always watching what I eat. And then BAM, I see a cookie and I’m done. As
much as I look after myself, I still like to sneak a cookie now and then.
3. Who are you talking to?
· “Proactive Preventers”. They do whatever it takes to stay healthy, they run, workout and eat right.
Women, 25-45 with bulls-eye target of 35-40. For many, Food can be a bit of a stress-reliever and escape
even for people who watch what they eat.
4. Consumer Insights
· “I have tremendous will-power. I work out 3x a week, watch what I eat and maintain my figure. But we all
have weaknesses and cookies are mine. I just wish they were less bad for you”
· “I read labels of everything I eat. I stick to 1500 calories per day, and will find my own ways to achieve
that balance. If I eat a 400 calorie cookie, it may mean giving something up.”
· “I shop at Whole Foods and love to explore the new items. The last few years, there have been some
tremendous advances in making great tasting options—in a healthy package.”
5. What does our consumer think now?
· I’ve never heard of Grays Cookies. But I’d likely need to try it and see if I like it. If it really does taste that
good, it’s something I might consider as a snack.
6. What do you want your consumer to think/feel/do? (Desired Response)
· We want them to try Grays and see if they like the great taste.
7. What should we tell them? (Stimulus: benefit)
· Grays Cookies are the best tasting yet guilt-free pleasure so you can stay in control of your health. You have
to try it to believe it.
8. Why should they believe us?
· Grays combines the great taste in a low fat and calorie sensible cookie. In blind taste tests, Grays Cookies
matched the market leaders on taste, but only has 100 calories and 2g of fat.
· In a 12 week study, consumers using Grays once a night as a desert were able to lose 5lbs.
· Grays uses all natural ingredients.
9. Tone and Manner
· Successful. Motivated. Reliable. In Control. Natural.
10. Media Options
· Main creative will be in specialty health magazines, event OOH signage and in-store. Want to carry the
idea into digital, social media and a microsite.
· The line: “best tasting yet guilt-free pleasure” must be included in the spot.
· 25% of Print must carry the Whole Foods logo as part of our listing agreement.
· Legal disclaimer on the taste test and the 12-week study.
• What is it that makes someone strategic and how to use
strategic thinking in the role of a Brand Leader?
• Brand Leaders will learn the elements of good strategic
thinking: focus, early win, leverage and gateway. You
will look at strategy in three ways: 1) consumer/customer
2) competitive view and 3) visionary strategy.
• Hands-on workshops let you try out concepts on your
own brands with hands-on coaching to help you improve.
Menu of Available Brand Training
Workshops for your Brand Leaders
• Brand Leaders learn how to do a deep dive on their Brand
an how to turn data into analytic stories.
• We look at brand funnels, SWOT analysis, the wealth and
health of the brand. We show how to write an analytical
presentation and a best-in-class monthly report.
• Through hands-on workshops, you’ll develop a Key Issues
presentation using your own brands.
• Brand Leaders learn how to write Brand Plans, whether a
long-range strategic roadmap or one year brand plan.
• We take you through each element of the Plan: vision,
purpose, analysis, key Issues, strategies and tactics. The
key take away is a very tight one page Brand Plan
summary document for all to follow.
• The workshop can be a great kick off to helping Brand
Leaders frame their thinking on their own brand.
• Brand Leaders learn the classic way to write a Brand
Positioning Statement. A good positioning statement
includes the target market, benefits, reason to believe
(RTBs) in a tightly worded statement. We will show how
it fits into a brand concept statement that can be ready
for research testing.
• The hands-on workshop can include writing of
positioning statements, with live coaching.
• Brand Leaders will help take the elements of Strategy
(from the Brand Plan) and the Positioning (from the
Brand Positioning Statement) and distill those down into
a very succinct 1 page Creative Brief.
• The hands-on workshop is a great tool for developing
creative briefs on your brand, looking at
objectives, target, consumer insights, stimulus and
• Brand Leaders rely on many types of agencies to take
their strategy and create work to express the strategy.
• We teach an effective technique for judging advertising
work regardless of the medium. It’s the ABC’S of
Advertising: how well does the advertising drive
Attention, Branding, Communication and Stickiness?
• You’ll also learn effective ways for giving feedback, with
hands-on role playing and critiquing.
Strategic Thinking Positioning Statements
How to contact Beloved Brands:
President and CMO
Phone: 416 885 3911