• What is Love?
• Types of Love
• Role of Loving
• Do you know how
much God Loves
• Difference between
human Love and
• God‘s Measures of
• What God does for us
• In what ways do you
• How do you Love God?
• What are the Results of
• No one has Power to
separate us from His
• Love is Blessing
• God‘s Love brings to us
• Rekindle your Romance
What is Love ?
1 Corinthians 13:4-7
Love is patient and kind;
love does not envy or boast;
it is not arrogant or rude.
It does not insist on its own way;
it is not irritable or resentful;
it does not rejoice at
but rejoices with the truth.
Love 1. bears all things,
2. believes all things,
3.hopes all things,
4.endures all things.
Types of Love
• Agape - It is the highest of the four types of love in the
Bible. Jesus Christ showed this kind of divine love to
his Father and to all humanity.
• Philia – Philia is the type of love in the Bible that most
Christians practice toward each other.
• Storge - Storge is a term for love in the Bible you may
not be familiar with. Even though this Greek word for
family love is not specifically found in Scripture.
• Eros - The Greek word for sensual love is eros Which
is self gratifying
• Agape speaks of the most powerful,
noblest type of love: sacrificial love.
• Agape love is more than a feeling—it is an
act of the will.
• This is the love that God has for his people
and that prompted the sacrifice of his only
son, Jesus, for our sins. Jesus was agape
The Beauty of Agape
• Only God is capable of Agape love. Human love is
always several notches below. Only God can lift the
level of human love to a higher level
• Knowing that sinful man would kill His Son, but also
knowing that without Jesus we were doomed, God loved
us by sending his Son. John 3:16
Those who love Jesus will do what Jesus taught. John
If a person has material resources and the love of God
within him, his heart will take care of his brother who is in
need. 1 John 3:17
Just as Christ through love acted on behalf of the
church, so too the husband is to be motivated by love to
act on behalf of his wife. Ephesians 5:25-29
• Philia refers to brotherly love and is most
often exhibited in a close friendship.
• ―After David had finished talking with Saul,
Jonathan became one in spirit with David,
and he loved him as himself. . . . And
Jonathan made a covenant with David
because he loved him as himself‖ (1
• Storge is the natural love and affection of
a parent for their child.
Examples of family love :1. The love and mutual protection among
Noah and his
wife, their sons and
daughters-in-law in Genesis;
2. The love of Jacob for his sons; and
3. The strong love the sisters Martha and
Mary in the
As its name indicates, eros is passionate
or sexual love.
While eros is important within a marriage
relationship and is created by God (see
Song of Solomon), but not allowed before
and outside marriage.
The Bible is clear that sexual immorality
Role of Loving someone
If you love someone then–
1. You will be avoiding those things which he/she
doesn‘t like and do things which he/she will like.
2. Accept the person with his/her lacking (as NO
one is perfect)
3. There will be sacrifices/adjustment in things
4. There is blind eye towards hurt or wrongdoings.
5. Your life revolves around him/her i.e. you think of
him/her all time, always wanting to spend time
6. That person becomes more special and precious
that you cannot effort to lose him/her.
7. You suddenly become dependant on him/her in
8. You become protective towards him/her.
9. You get the sense of happiness & peace at heart
& mind when you are with him/her.
Similarly, Do you not know God also
Loves you ?
God Loves us –
1. He forgave us even though we are sinners.
2. He accepted us completely, don‘t think about
3. He gave sacrifices to bring us close to him.
4. Here is blind eye towards hurt and cleanses us from
5. He revolves around us i.e. He think of us all time,
always wanting to spend time with us through prayer.
6. We are special and precious to him that he cannot
afford to lose us.
7. He protects us throughout our life.
8. He provides us sense of joy (eternal) and peace at
heart & mind.
9. He provides his help in our daily routine and IN Short
God’s LOVE / Agape
His love is unconditional & holy
He loves more than anyone can love you
He forgives, He grants, He blesses us
His blessings have no limits
His love is so powerful that heart &
mind get peace & joy,
He always listens & never ignores
He never lets you down, never returns
your prayers back
God's love can never be summed up in
words or feelings.
It's the best gift anyone can ever get
They don't forgive
They ask in return
He/she doesn’t grants us anything.
Measure your feelings in
Insults you, ignores you
But the most scary thing is that
human love sometimes dies forever
Depending from person to person,
human love rarely listens & most of
the time ignores.
God‘s Measures of Love
He is - Mighty defender, perfect, just in all his ways,
faithful and true. (Deu. 32:4)
- Lord is loving & merciful, slow to anger, full of
constant love and has compassion on all he
made. (Psalm 145:8,9)
- Righteous judge, holy and forgiving god. But
hates oppression & crime [Psalm 86:5, Isaiah
- His steadfast Love which is never ceases, His
mercies never come to an end. (Lamentations
- He love equally and judges everyone by the
same standard (Romans 2:11)
What God does for us
- He does what is right & fair [Rom 2:11, Deu
- He is a righteous judge and always
condemns the wicked (Psalm 7:11)
- He doesn‘t want anyone to be destroyed, but
wants all to turn away from their sins. (2
• He wants evil people should stop living evil
lives. They should stop thinking bad thoughts.
They should come to the LORD again, and he
Hey what are you thinking?
You do love him
but the question should ask to yourself is –
How much do you love God? &
in what ways do you love Him?
Answers are in the scripture – Check them out
• (1 Corinthians 13:1-13) If I speak in the tongues of men
and of angels, but have not love, I am a noisy gong or a
clanging cymbal. And if I have prophetic powers, and
understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have
all faith, so as to remove mountains, but have not love, I
am nothing. If I give away all I have, and if I deliver up my
body to be burned, but have not love, I gain nothing.
• (1 John 4:20) If anyone says, ―I love God,‖ and hates his
brother, he is a liar; for he who does not love his brother
whom he has seen cannot love God whom he has not
• (John 14:15) ―If you love me, you will keep my
• (Romans 13:10) Love does no wrong to a neighbor;
therefore love is the fulfilling of the law.
• Matthew 5:43-48 ―You have heard that it was said, ‗You
shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy.‘ But I say
to you, Love your enemies and pray for those who
persecute you, so that you may be sons of your Father
who is in heaven. For he makes his sun rise on the evil
and on the good, and sends rain on the just and on the
unjust. For if you love those who love you, what
reward do you have? Do not even the tax collectors do
the same? And if you greet only your brothers, what
more are you doing than others? Do not even the
Gentiles do the same?
• ―For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son,
that whoever believes in him should not perish but have
eternal life. (John 3:16)
There are one anything, except to love each other, for the
• Owe no many more scripture which lord God wants from
one who loves another has fulfilled the law. For the
Please Go through ―You shall not commit adultery, Youour
commandments, ppt on ―Knowing God‘s Will‖ From
How do you Love?
We just saw the Scriptures which tells us
―How to love God.‖
God expects us to love him not only in
words but also in actions.
all the words into practice & love him fully.
What are the results of it?
Other loves will
Fizzle out or
No one has power to separate us
from love of Christ.
• Romans 8:35-39
Who shall separate us from the love of Christ?
Shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or
famine, or nakedness, or danger, or sword?
As it is written, ―For your sake we are being
killed all the day long; we are regarded as
sheep to be slaughtered.‖ No, in all these
things we are more than conquerors through
him who loved us.
For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor
angels nor rulers, nor things present nor
things to come, nor powers, nor height nor
depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be
Rekindle your romance with
Disciplined prayer and personal study of
God‘s word often takes you through three
phases. Persevere through the first two and
you will reach the third – pure enjoyment.
1. Castor oil Phase
2. Cereal phase
3. Peaches & Cream phase
God‘s Love is Blessing.
God‘s love brings to us many gifts:
• Eternal life & joy
• No Judgments
• Has overcome our past
• Creates a new creature
• Gift of Holy Spirit & it‘s fruits.
• Spiritually alive & more close to him
• We become precious and are called child of God.
• No failure/No condemnation/No power of hell
• Bright future/abundant life
• He protect us and help us to overcome temptation
• No worries/No sin/No anxiety in Life as He is the
planner of our life