1. I was forced to as a child. 2. People who wash are hypocrites; they think they are cleaner than everybody else. 3. There are so many different kinds of soap; I cannot decide which one is best. 4. I used to wash, but I got bored and stopped. 5. I wash only on special occasions, like Christmas and Easter. 6. None of my friends wash. 7. I will start washing when I get older and dirtier. 8. I cannot spare the time. 9. The bathroom is never warm enough in winter or cool enough in summer. 10. People who make soap are only after your money.
NOW LET US LOOK AT THIS AGAIN, ON 10 REASONS WHY WE NEED CHURCH!
1. I was forced to WASH/GO TO CHURCH as a child. I would rather have “clean,” healthy children in my house, rather than dirty, smelly ones. God said, “All our righteousness is like dirty rags.”
2. People who WASH/GO TO CHURCH are hypocrites; they think they are cleaner than everybody else. Maybe the same could be spoken about you, but least they have picked up the towel and soap, and give it a try. Still there are more hypocrites on the outside of the church, thinking they are alright.
3. There are so many different kinds of soap/CHURCH; I cannot decide which one is best. Well! Try a local brand, the church in your village, town, and one near to your home. For if you never try you will never know the “right church” for you.
4. I used to WASH/GO TO CHURCH, but I got bored and stopped. Funny how we do not get bored with eating, drinking, sleeping or doing wrong. Yet how quickly we get bored with God. Maybe the fault is not with God and the church, but with you!
5. I WASH/GO TO CHURCH only on special occasions, like Christmas and Easter. Washing once a week, or twice a year cannot keep us clean. Often we visit church THREE times in our lives. At our birth. 2. At our wedding. 3. At our death. Even then we are carried most times against our wills. Why not come to church willing for a change?
6. None of my friends WASH/GO TO CHURCH. Well most of my friends do wash, and I like the sweetness around me. I do not enjoy the friendship of pigs rolling in the mud. I have chosen to follow Jesus Christ, run your own life, and do not let your friends rob you of the joy of knowing salvation.
7. I will start WASHING/GOING TO CHURCH when I get older and dirtier. Habits are hard to break out off, and if we neglect to wash when we are young, often we never get around to washing when we are older.
8. I cannot spare the time. But how often we make time to get dirty. How often we waste hours, yet, never find time to look for God.
9. The bathroom is never warm enough in winter or cool enough in summer. When did you visit church last? Cold buildings, hard seats, long sermons are long gone in most churches. Now it is often to warm, to comfortable (that you can fall to sleep).
10. People who make soap are only after your money. I have seen many poor churches and Christians. But not many poor pub owners, night club owners, etc. They get rich out of your pocket and spending. When your pockets are empty they will not want you!
BUT, THE “GIFT OF GOD’S SALVATION” IS A FREE GIFT! It cannot be bought or earned! All you need to do is to accept it! You need soap to keep clean on the outside! And you Christ Jesus to be clean on the inside!
Who can wash away you sin? Jesus! E-mail: Internetpreachersforchrist@gmail.com Internetpreachersforchrist.co.uk