Reading: JOHN 10:1-11. “I am the door. If anyone enters by Me, he will be saved, and will go in and out and find pasture” JOHN 10:9
The Lord Jesus here represents Himself as the Door into Salvation. Salvation is not something we receive FROM Christ Jesus, but something we have IN Christ Jesus. For to have Salvation we must be “found in Him” Philippians 3:9. Neither is there Salvation in any other. For there is “no condemnation to them that are IN Christ Jesus” Romans 8:1.
1. It is an ENTRANCE. A door is the entrance into a place. 1. It was through the entrance of a door that Noah and his family entered into the Ark of safety. 2. The door to safety. 3. It was through the entrance of a door that the Priesthood entered into the Tabernacle of worship. 4. The door of opportunity. 5. It was through the entrance of a door of Grace that men and women entered into Mercy.
2. It is the ONLY WAY. A door into a house or other places is often the only way in. To attempt to climb in some other way is to be a thief or a robber (John 10:1).
3. It has TWO SIDES. A door has an outside and an inside. One must be either within to enjoy what is there, or outside to be excluded from the privileges and blessings.
4. It is but ONE STEP over the threshold. It may take a long time to get to the door; yet it takes only one step to pass from the outside to the inside.
5. It is CONTROLLED by the MASTER of the house. No one may force his way in without permission. The Lord promises to open to all who ask of Him.
6. It is USED by ALL ALIKE. Kings and Princes, the poor and beggars, masters and servants, old or young. There is no difference. To get in there is but one way for all alike, for a door is no respecter of persons.
7. It SHUTS OUT UNDESIRABLES. So the ungodly is excludes from Heaven Revelation 21:27 “But there shall by no means enter it anything that defiles, or causes an abomination or a lie, but only those who are written in the Lamb's Book of Life.”
8. Those WITHIN ARE SAFE. Whether from storm, or the enemy. Safe within are all that flee for refuge to Christ Jesus.
1. The OPEN DOOR before US Revelation 3:8. “I have set before YOU an OPEN DOOR, and no one can shut it.” The way into the Holiest was through the rent veil, that is, an OPEN DOOR. So Jesus has become OUR OPEN DOOR.
2. The ONLY DOOR before YOU John 10:9. “I am the door, if anyone enters by Me, he will be saved.” There are many doorways in life, but there is only ONE DOORWAY into Eternal Life.
3. The WAITING DOOR before YOU Revelation 3:20. “Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and dine with him and he with Me.” Only YOU can open the door of YOUR heart and let Jesus in. Jesus now is knocking the door of YOUR heart. Will you let Him in?