"How to Get Started in the Cloud" - GoGrid @ CloudWorld09
by GoGrid Cloud Hosting, Product at GoGrid on Aug 21, 2009
- 4,026 views
Presented by CEO John Keagy at CloudWorld09 ...
Presented by CEO John Keagy at CloudWorld09
The Cloud Computing phenomenon is happening NOW - it's a reality and can provide more flexibility for your web hosting – faster, easier and at a lower cost. Companies do not need to own their own server hardware or network infrastructure anymore. The ease of scaling up or out when the need arises, the speed which new web applications can be designed, prototyped, tested, and deployed, and the inherent cost savings (CapEx to OpEx) are truly attractive. Cloud Computing is not just a buzz term we are hearing more and more, but the next wave of hosting infrastructure. As the Cloud continues to gain acceptance, developers, designers, sysadmins and IT professionals need to understand the advantages, best practices and how to get started using Cloud Computing.
This presentation was delivered by John Keagy, CEO & Co-Founder of GoGrid, at CloudWorld09 and covered:
• What is Cloud Computing – The Cloud Pyramid
• The Benefits of Cloud Computing & Hybrid Hosting
• What can Cloud Computing do for me and my business
• The Competitive Landscape & Key Differentiators
• Cost Savings of Cloud Computing – pay only for what you need
• How to determine when to utilize Cloud Computing
• How should you get started using the Cloud?
• How to identify what to put in the cloud first
- Total Views
- Views on SlideShare
- Embed Views