SlideShare for iOS
by Linkedin Corporation
FREE - On the App Store
E-commerce projected to grow 45% in 2011 – 2014 ...
E-commerce projected to grow 45% in 2011 – 2014
After a relatively slow start e-commerce in India has taken off in 2010. This is due to the expansion of internet penetration. More importantly trust in buying online is growing as well as growth in more payment options. Interaction and „personal‟ contact are very important to the Indian online shopper.
- E-commerce turnover 2010: 4.8 Billion USD
- Average net user visits sites 25 times/month, spends 28 minutes per visit
- Aged 15-24 are the heaviest users with an average of 17 hours a month
- Aged 25-35 shop the most online
- Online travel most popular followed by social networking, online matrimony and online gaming
- Net user spends on average 2.5 minute per e-commerce site
To see more White Papers, please go to the GlobalCollect Knowledge center: http://www.globalcollect.com/payment-service-provider/Knowledge-center/