• Share
  • Email
  • Embed
  • Like
  • Save
  • Private Content
Globalcollect Argentina Country Factsheet
 

Globalcollect Argentina Country Factsheet

on

  • 850 views

E-commerce in Argentina has grown with an impressive ...

E-commerce in Argentina has grown with an impressive
30% in 2009 and generated ARS 5.24 billion.

- B2C sales total at ARS 4.8 billion
- E-Commerce is expeced to grow to ARS 6.5 billion in 2010
- 24% of Argentinean users brought online in 2009
- Average annual online spending is ARS 900
- E-Commerce growth for 2010 is estimated at 25%
- Online payment is now growth as trust grows

To see more White Papers, please go to the GlobalCollect Knowledge center: http://www.globalcollect.com/payment-service-provider/Knowledge-center/

Statistics

Views

Total Views
850
Views on SlideShare
850
Embed Views
0

Actions

Likes
0
Downloads
19
Comments
0

0 Embeds 0

No embeds

Accessibility

Upload Details

Uploaded via as Adobe PDF

Usage Rights

© All Rights Reserved

Report content

Flagged as inappropriate Flag as inappropriate
Flag as inappropriate

Select your reason for flagging this presentation as inappropriate.

Cancel
  • Full Name Full Name Comment goes here.
    Are you sure you want to
    Your message goes here
    Processing…
Post Comment
Edit your comment

    Globalcollect Argentina Country Factsheet Globalcollect Argentina Country Factsheet Document Transcript

    • Argentina General statistics 2009E-commerce grows 30% in 2009 Population 40,100,000 Currency Argentinean Peso (ARS)E-commerce in Argentina has grown with an impressive Major language Spanish30% in 2009 (source: Argentine Chamber of Capital Buenos Airese-Commerce) and generated ARS 5.24 billion. GNI per capita US$: 7,200 5,910 B2C sales totalled at ARS4.8 billion E-commerce is expected to grow to ARS 6.5 billion in 2010 Internet usage 2009 24% of Argentinean users bought online in 2009 Users (total) 20,000,000 Average annual online spending is ARS 900 Users broadband 3,185,000 E-commerce growth for 2010 is estimated at 25% Penetration 49% Online payment is now growing as trust grows User growth ‘00/’08 700% % Users in South America 15.0%E-commerce dataOnline shopping by age Frequency of online shopping 50% 23% several times 26 - 45 years 39% a year once or few 21% times a year 28% > 45 years 14% < 25 years more than once a month Source: Prince & Cooke Source: Prince & CookeReasons to buy online Online payments (cash at outlets/banks excluded) Direct Debit 18% 26% 41% to save money Internet convenience payments Credit 27% 17% Card to save time 35% ATM/Call center 12% Source: Prince & Cooke Source: Análisis Accenture 2008
    • Repatriation and local entityTo accept online payments being a non-Argentinean company a local entity is necessary. Furthermorerepatriating the money involves complex legal, administrative and fiscal processes. When processing viaGlobalCollect, we will act as the required local entity in order for your company to start receiving onlinepayments in Argentina.GlobalCollect’s payments solutions GlobalCollect’s Brazilian Portfolio International cards GlobalCollect can process VisaOnline and Mastercard Bank transfer Consumers can pay by bank transfer in Argentina Check GlobalCollect accepts checks in Argentina eWallet Consumers can pay using PayPal, Moneybookers Cash Consumers can pay via the biggest cash payment provider Pago Fácil Invoicing GlobalCollect can process (e-)invoicing in ArgentinaArgentinean payment product spotlight Pago Fácil is the largest cash payment method in Argentina. Pago Fácil started out as a processor for periodic bill payments. In recent years they have successfully branched out to also process online initiated purchases. With over 3,600 local cash outlets (most of them open 24/7) Pago Fácil is a must have when doing e-commerce in Argentina. PagoMisCuentas is an electronic bill presentment and payment in Latin America with their largest consumer base in Argentina. Consumers can centralize their on- and offline payments in an account and choose the way they pay for them (via online banking, credit card, ATM). Pago Directo is a direct debit payment in Argentina. The consumer can request a CBU (a unique identification key) at his bank. With this CBU the consumer can authorize and cancel direct debits from his account. MercadoPago is a Latin America oriented eWallet. This payment product is showing increased traction in the region. MercadoPago offers consumers an easy way to pay online by providing an online payment account that can be funded by various local payment options. A payment product to watch.Sources Internet WorldStats || January 2010 World Bank website || January 2010 Prince&Cooke (report commissioned by the Argentinean Chamber of Electronic Commerce) || December 2009 Accenture ‘Analysis on Argentinean E-commerce’ || 2008 www.imf.org || January 2010 V1.0