1. Crytek’s company headquarters are located in Frankfurt am Main(Germany), with additional studios based in Kiev (Ukraine), Budapest(Hungary), Sofia (Bulgaria), Seoul (South Korea), Nottingham (UK) andShanghai (China). Since being founded by three brothers Avni, Cevat andFaruk Yerli in 1999, Crytek has consistently been recognized forexcellence in its field .
2.  Crytek has partnerships with Electronic Arts, Ubisoft, THQ, NVIDIA, INTEL,AMD, FMOD, S caleform, Xoreax Software, SparkasseCoburg, and Rating Services. The company is best known for developing the game Far Cry and the CryEngine that the game uses, and later Crysis and CryEngine 2. Their most recent major product is Crysis 2 and its supporting CryEngine 3 .
3.  Crytek was founded by the Turkish Yerli brothers in 1999 in Coburg, Germany. Crytek first attracted publicity at the 2000 ECTS with their tech demo at the NVIDIA booth. For several years thereafter, they released numerous demos of a game called X-Isle, which ultimately evolved into Far Cry. On May 2, 2002, Crytek announced the game engine CryEngine.
4.  On January 23, 2006, Crytek announced the development of Crysis, promising that it would be an original first person shooter with a new kind of gameplay challenge requiring "adaptive tactics".[The game later won several Best PC Game awards from E3 and Games Convention. In April 2006, Crytek moved to new offices in Frankfurt. The first public demonstration of Cryteks CryEngine 2 was on January 23, 2007, one year after Crysis was announced. It has been licensed by many companies such asAvatar Reality , WeMade Entertaintment, Entrapia Universe, XLGames, Reloaded Studios, 1st Educational Institution, and Games Academy GmbH. On September 12, 2008, an expansion of Crysis entitled Crysis Warhead was released as a PC- exclusive game.
5.  It is not only used throughout the video games industry, but also for applications in fields ranging from architecture, training and simulation to learning and development. Some of the developers who use Crytek’s CryENGINE® include Tencent Games, Giant, NCSoft, Deutsche Telekom, Sohu ChangYou Gaming, XL Games and Norman Foster Design. In October 2009, Crytek launched the third version of CryENGINE®; the first game development platform for Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, MMO, DX9/DX10/ DX11 that is also truly next-gen ready.
6.  2011 Develop Award for Best Independent Studio and a 2010 Red Dot Design Award. Its multi-award winning games include Far Cry®, Crysis® (awarded best PC Game of E3 2007 and Best Technology at the 2008 Game Developers Choice Awards), Crysis Warhead® (awarded Best Graphics Technology at IGN Best of 2008 Awards) and Crysis® 2 (awarded Best Shooter of E3 2010 and Gamescom 2010). Crytek’s proprietary CryENGINE® technology was awarded “Best Simulation in Real Time” at the Imagina Awards 2010 and ”Most Innovative Technology” at the European Innovative Game’s Awards.