Julie Cihlar, Executive Vice President Gina Rossi, CMCA®, AMS®, PCAM®, Marketing Director
As a professionally trained and experienced CPA, Gina has more than 12 years of community management
Ms. Cihlar oversees all financial and accounting experience, maintains the highest professional
responsibilities for Legum & Norman Midwest. Her role designation, Professional Community Association
is built on a solid foundation of 16+ years of association Manager (PCAM) from Community Associations
accounting management experience. Ms. Cihlar has a Institute (CAI) and was named the CAI 2005 Property
B.S. in Accounting from the University of Houston and Manager of the Year. Gina’s experience and expertise has
graduated Cum Laude. also allowed her to speak at CAI Seminars and author
articles for Common Interest Magazine.
William C. Earle, Vice President, CPM®
William Earle serves as Vice President of the Legum &
Norman Mid-West Chicago offices and brings a variety
of industry experience and expertise. Mr. Earle has been
active in the residential property management field for
over 30 years. Prior to joining Associa® Legum & Norman
Mid-West, Bill most recently was the Vice President
of Citadel Builders-Chicago. He was with Draper and
Kramer, Inc. for over 25 years where he served as Vice
President in charge of the Condominium Management
Division, which consisted of over 10,000 units in
approximately 35 associations.
• Member of the Chicago Board of Realtors
• A licensed real estate broker and insurance producer
• Graduate of Southeast Missouri State
No other management company provides a direct line
to their CEO like we do, and our proprietary CEO Direct
program gives you unfettered access to our CEO...not
just when you sign a contract with us, but for the length
of our relationship. You’ll receive communication about
industry trends, regulatory updates, and information
about the regular innovations and enhancements we
deliver to our clients. And you’ll have a direct channel
to our CEO through which to address any issue of
concern to you or your neighbors.
Legum & norman, mid-West carefully selects each staff member. our
highly trained professionals are experienced and responsive problem-
solvers committed to go the extra mile to keep your association
running smoothly. We are organized by three major business disciplines
in order to serve you with an unmatched quality of service.
coMMunity association Manager and at your service
• Skilled maintenance professionals on call
• Provide leadership and guidance in the management of • Reliable and trustworthy
• 24 hour emergency response service
• Act as a liaison for the board of directors, owners and
all other team members • Establish and maintain preventative repair and
• Ensure actions on board of directors requests
• Communicate work status to owners, co-owners,
• Prepare drafts and recommendations for the managers and the board of directors
association’s annual budget
• Organize and attend meetings of the Board of Directors, accounting teaM
committees, and special and annual meetings
• Collect assessment funds (credit cards, coupon book
• Present educational opportunities to new and existing invoicing, auto debit, or electronic transfers) deposited
board members daily into the association’s individual account
• Communicate regularly with owners, local and state • Maintain individual unit account records and provide
government entities, and others on behalf of the information and assistance to owners
• Pursue collections in conjunction with the
• Obtain contractor bids and oversee performance association’s policies
• Conduct site inspections • Detailed general ledger reporting
• Ensure appropriate retention and storage of • Prompt payment of association obligations
• Ensure payment safeguards
• Monitor association’s financial status
• Monitor cash and investment balances and maturities
• Prepare professional reports, draft resolutions and
• Reconcile association bank accounts
other materials pertinent to the successful operation
of the community • Prepare financial statements for board of directors
• Coordinate with association’s CPA for preparation of
annual audit and tax return
ManageMent CoMparative analysis L&N, MW Company A Company B
Management company has an attorney specializing in community association laws on staff?
Customer Service (continued)
Community manager has a dedicated assistant to support him/her?
Property inspections are conducted by the assigned community manager?
Utilizes an integrated association accounting software program with a single database that generates financial reports,
balance sheets, budget comparisons, disbursement detail and operational reports, work order and violation tracking
letters, and has the ability to print coupons and invoices for special assessments?
Offers direct debit, electronic bank lock box, ACH, credit card payment, and direct mail options for assessment collection?
Has systems in place (collection letters) for unpaid assessments that post directly to the owner’s ledger, administers
delinquencies, and tracks and follows up with attorneys and collection companies?
Management company has a comprehensive collections services program as well as a title search offering with credit
bureau reporting and lien preparation and filing?
Management company has contacts with qualified vendors who can bid on work at your site?
Management company develops contract specifications for service vendors, handles bid process, and provides board with
a comparative bid matrix and professional recommendation?
Company can provide online/automated architectural review forms and tracking of actions taken by the board?
Performs reserve analysis studies and arranges reserve studies for communities through licensed reserve specialists?
Has fidelity bond coverage that includes principals and owners?
savings through national programs, including professionally prepared newsletters, web sites,
master insurance and online insurance quotes, communications tools for emergencies and events, and utility and
waste removal discounts?
Provides regular communication to its properties through evaluation forms, CeO email communication to its board
members, company newsletters, and annual performance evaluations?
Provides resale disclosure packages for owners who are selling or refinancing their properties
that can be ordered on line?