2. Angelcare model operates on both 900 MHz and 2.4 GHz frequencies. Its sound monitor operates onthe 900 MHz frequency so there is no interference from 2.4 GHz equipment.The monitor has 8 channels to avoid interference and an 820 range.Important Installation Requirements:Sensor Pad: Place a 1/2" (6mm) masonite or plywood board measuring at least 16"x24" under the cribmattress for stability, this is essential for a spring base. The sensor pads are placed on top of the boardbelow the crib mattress. The sensor pads work under any standard crib mattress.Nursery Unit:The nursery unit should be at least 38cm from the crib at all times.Parent Unit Settings:Only 1 parent unit needs to be programmed as the 2nd unit automatically picks up the same settings ofthe 1st unit.Tic, Movement and Sound Features:The tic feature is represented by a pendulum on the parent unit which monitors movement on thesensor pads, it makes an audible ticking noise.The face represents sound being monitored from the babys room.The Waves display are for movement. The sensor pads are very sensitive to movement. There are 5different combinations to choose from, sound only, movement only, sound and movement, movementand tic, also tic, sound and movement.There is also an option of continuous sound reception or voice activation.Alarm and Vibration:The movement sensor pads that are placed under the mattress, have adjustable sensitivity, a dial at theback of the nursery unit adjusts the sensitivity of the sensor pads. A loud alarm sounds on the parentsunit and the nursery unit if NO movement is detected after 20 seconds.The alarm is loud enough to wake even a heavy sleeper since the situation could be life threatening forthe infant. Often the baby is also awoken from the alarm too, potentially avoiding a critical situation.The movement monitor is used on average for 14 months, however the sound monitor can be used foras long as you find necessary.There are 3 alarm settings: Alarm only, Vibration only or Alarm and Vibration.Room Temperature Monitoring:The room temperature in the babys room is monitored on the parent unit, its represented by a sun andsnowflake icon. It can be programmed as a temperature range - lowest temperature setting to highest,the alarm will sound if the temperature moves outside of your pre-set conditions.Hold Feature:To avoid the alarm going off when you pick up your baby, you must either remember to turn off themonitor or use the Hold feature. The hold feature doesnt seem to be used as much as turning off themonitor, but I would suggest its a safer alternative as its easy to forget things as a sleep deprived newmother, like turning the monitor back on. The Hold feature can be activated by holding down the holdbutton until a flashing H appears, this allows you to pick up your baby without turning off the monitor.The parents unit will beep every minute as a reminder that the monitor is on hold..Extra Settings:Mute: The monitor can be muted temporarily for 2 minutes.Reception: There are 8 different channels available to avoid static and interference. To avoid feed-backkeep both the parents unit and nursery unit at least 3m (10feet) apart, however static may occur if the 2units are too far apart, they must also be set to the same channel to avoid distortion/interference.Paging: To locate the parents unit press the clear button on the front of the nursery unit. This is usefulwhen you have been walking around with a parent unit and left it somewhere.How to avoid false alarms:Turn off nursery unit or put parent unit on-hold before picking up your baby from the crib. Dont tuck anybedding under the mattress between the sensor pad and mattress. Sensor pad must rest on acompletely rigid surface.The Angelcare Baby Monitor AC401 provides crisp, clear audio monitoring and very sensitive movementmonitoring of your baby, you can rest easily knowing that your babys breathing motions are beingclosely watched when you arent able too, giving you that long awaited good nights rest.The Angelcare Baby Monitor is of exceptional high quality, the next step up in quality are the hospitalgrade monitors found in neonatal intensive care units. If you have been considering using an audioonly baby monitor, I would highly recommend upgrading to the Angelcare Baby Movement and SoundMonitor Deluxe AC401, you wont regret the extra cost for the peace of mind it will give you when it comesto the health and safety of your precious baby.About the author: Julie Freeman is a Medical Laboratory Scientist in Microbiology with 24 yearsexperience and mother of 2 daughters aged 5 and 2 years. Julie manages The Baby Video MonitorShop website which is dedicated to reviewing high quality baby video monitors. You can find furthercustomer reviews and purchase detailsby clicking herehttp://www.thebabyvideomonitorshop.com/2010/01/angelcare-baby-monitor-graco-angelcare.html Juliealso manages Baby Health Secrets, a website that provides top quality, informative digital Ebooks onpregnancy, newborn baby care, advice for new mothers and great tips to get a colicky or crying baby tosleep through the night, also how to remove stretchmarks.Source: http://www.articlesbase.com/babies-articles/angelcare-baby-monitor-review-baby-movement-and-sound-monitor-by-graco-1827515.html
3. Posted in Baby Monitor | Tags: graco baby monitor38 Responses to “Graco Baby Monitor” Baby #3 on the way! Its a girl again! :): January 29, 2012 at 12:14 am (Edit) Whats a good baby monitor to buy? My baby is 4 weeks old today and she has been sleeping in my room in a bassinett. however i would really like her in her crib now. I have a graco baby monitor that i bought from walmart and it only cost 15$. However i turned it on and all i could hear was fuzzy noises. I had my daughter in the crib and had her mobile on whne i turned the monitors on and i could hardly hear the music from her mobile. Its pretty much just making fuzzy noises and i dont feel very comftorable letting her sleep in a differnt room and having the baby monitor not working right. I was wondering if any of you ladies knew of a good baby monitor. One that doesnt make any other noises. The only thing i wanna hear coming out of the monitor is my daughter and her music in her mobile. I find the fuzzy noise annoying. Ha… Thank you. Reply Anonymous: May 8, 2012 at 1:35 pm (Edit) There are many baby monitor to choose in the market.To avoid fuzzy noises and annoying interference,I suggest to buy a digital baby monitor,it is the most latest type of baby monitor and it can provide clear sound and the video baby monitor can provide smooth video of your baby. Reply Anonymous: January 30, 2012 at 6:47 pm (Edit) why cant i hear my babys heartbeat? I am 17 weeks pregnant. I bought the graco monitor from target and im always so worried about my baby and I can never hear anything. Does anyone have the same problem? Reply Anonymous: February 2, 2012 at 7:28 pm (Edit) My baby monitor has gone crazy!? I have a graco baby monitor, it has always worked great, minus the periodical static. Well this morning I woke up early to see my Husband off to work. My daughter was still asleep so I turned on the baby monitor and went down stairs to make coffee. All of a sudden I heard a crazy cry, not normal at all.. I freaked out dropped the coffee and ran up the stairs, only to find my daughter sleeping. I stood there and stared at her for a moment to see if she was going to start moving around, but she was sound asleep. As I was standing there I heard the monitor downstairs making that same noise. I picked up my daughter to bring her downstairs with me to lay down, and Immediately turned off the monitor. What could this be? I know that monitors can pick up other peoples monitor noise, but this has never happened and it was a crazy cry…I don’t even know if I want to call it a cry it sounded so weird. Needless to say I am freaked out What could this be, and has it ever happened to you? I live in a town house. I know all of my neighbors though and they have no babies, all older children. Yea my monitor picks up frequencies of other electronics as well. If it is too close to my cell or my computer speakers it goes koo koo but this was not like that. It sounded like a cry, the craziest cry I have ever heard. Reply Anonymous: February 10, 2012 at 11:32 pm (Edit) Haha!! i have the same issue. i live in a townhouse and neither of my neighbors have small children or infants. randomly throughout the day and night my monitor will start to squeal and i can hear this almost horror film type cry. at first i thought it was my daughter so i would always runn upstairs only to find her sound asleep.
4. i also have the graco monitor it has two receivers. ive moved since i bought the monitor and in my first place i would always hear a man whispering in through it and then my daughter would giggle or babble as if they were having a conversation. that is the reason i moved. it was a very old house built in 1859 so we thought a townhouse would be newer and less likely for it to happen. now all i hear are the random cries. maybe its just graco monitors. ReplyCamerons Momma:February 10, 2012 at 11:33 pm (Edit)Baby Monitors: recommendations?Ok, we have the Graco ivibe monitors or whatever they’re called, but they crapped out afterone year and make this strange crackling noise so we need new baby monitors. I need one thatdoesn’t get too much interference or much of a humming noise if its plugged into an power stripwith other appliances. What Mhz’s are the best (i know nothing about that) and what has workedwell for you? I need help! I tried to different Safety 1st monitors and gotten no where with them..oh btw my son is going to be a year old on the 29th, so the angel ones that monitor the hearbeat tooare out of the question….i did always wanna try those ones though!Reply ĀŢĿĄŜ↔ĴŮŅĶĬĒ: April 16, 2012 at 3:59 am (Edit) I love my monitor. It’s a Mobi 2.4 GHz Wireless Color Monitor and it works awesome! It has 3 channels so if one has interference you can change it to another. I am sitting here right now watching my daughter sleep (it has night vision too); the monitor is just a foot away from the computer and there is no interference at all. It’s very sensitive too. I can even hear her breathing sometimes! I don’t know how the ratings are for them since I didn’t do any research – it was a gift – but I would give it a 10 out of 10. It’s so great to be able to see my daughter all safe in her crib sleeping instead of just hear noises from her room. Sometimes I just sit here and watch her sleep or as she’s falling asleep. It’s the sweetest thing! ***EDIT*** Oh! One more thing… It can be plugged in or work off batteries so I can carry it around with me if I need to; and the range is really good. I know they are pricy. I think it was close to $200, but it’s something I can use for a very long time. You can even hook it up to your tv and record whatever is viewed through it (like a video camera). I have even used it for surveillance once when I was worried about an ex who still had a key to my door (long story) and I wasn’t able to get the lock changed right away. I just set it up so I could watch the entrance-way and it really put my mind at ease. I’ll probably use it down the road to record events. You can even view your baby sleeping on your big tv when it’s hooked up. I just love this thing! ReplyKaty:February 15, 2012 at 8:38 am (Edit)Graco iMonitor Pure Digital Baby Monitor?Has anyone else had troubles with this monitor? Here is a link to it ………http://www.walmart.com/catalog/allReviews.do?product_id=4433233I have this one and it worked great for about 3 weeks and now its started acting up, looses signalseveral times a day — until i go and turn the base off and then on again. My room and my babysroom are only about 10-12 feet apart so there should not be a problem with it conection with thebase. Any one else had a problem with these monitors? I also have some static with it, however itsmuch better than the last monitor I tried. Any suggestions as to what a good monitor is? I am goingto be moving into new house and our rooms will be further apart and i need a good monitor.Thanks!Reply k: April 30, 2012 at 6:05 pm (Edit) I have the same type but there is two, one for room #1 and then room # 2 but it’s the same as yours and at first I had trouble too and I was losing signal. I had to reset the signal to but what I ended up doing is turning them OFF and then leaving them on the charger and let them charge for 24 hours then turned them back on and I have not had a problem since. Hope this helps. I know going 24 hours without them sucks but I love the monitors now. Good luck! ReplyNikki:February 21, 2012 at 10:45 am (Edit)What is the best video/audio monitor to buy?I am looking to buy a video baby monitor through walmart. I am looking at the GracoiMonitor Baby Video Monitor, the Summer Infant 900 MHz 2.5″ Color Handheld Video Monitor, andthe MobiCam Ultra Wireless Color Video Monitor System. I have read reviews on all of them andhave compared all of the features but still do not know which one would be best. Can anyone giveme any input please? Thanks!!!!!!Reply Mom_of_two: March 19, 2012 at 1:09 pm (Edit) Hi! Well since no one else answered your question I just thought to give some input from my experience. Perhaps you haven’t yet had your baby? I was the very same way. I went out and planned every last product to put into my nursery: $200 bassinette, expensive travel system, breast pump set, sounds n lights baby monitor (fisher-price) etc. He won’t sleep in the bassinette, the travel system is nice but the stroller that went with it is so big and bulky and so inconvenient and heavy to unload that I never us it. I used the breast pump only a few times because my milk didn’t come in properly. The monitor is rarely used because I carry the baby with me everywhere in the house (in his carrier) but sometimes when I have the right batteries for it, I use it when I am outside visiting neighbors. I guess my point in saying all of this is that I think you should wait until the baby comes and you know for sure what will work for you and also you won’t waste a lot of time and money on stuff that you regret and never use.
5. ReplyASHLEY M:February 24, 2012 at 8:34 am (Edit)Angelcare Baby Monitor!!!!!!?This isn’t a question I just wanted to tell my success story with this monitor. We have a 2month old baby girl We purchased the Graco AngelCare deluxe movement monitor. It tells you ifyour baby hasn’t moved (breathed) in 30 seconds. We have been using it for 2 months with greatsuccess. We haven’t had any false alarms at all. The only time it goes off is when we forget to turn itoff and we take her out. But that;s assuring because it tells you that it’s working. Well yesterdaymorning I was woken by the alarm. I ran too her room but the alarm had woken her up by the time Igot there (that’s what it’s supposed to do) and she was breathing. She was all red. I have no doubtthat she had stopped breathing. I don’t for one second believe that it was a false alarm. It’s veryscary to think about what could have happened without this monitor. She was sound asleep in hercrib, I would have never known!! Thank God for today’s technology!! I HIGHLY recommend thismonitor to everyone with a small chlid!!Reply Melissa ~ Parkers Mommy: April 21, 2012 at 5:48 pm (Edit) I had a very similar experience except it didn’t wake my son up, we ran in and then picked him up which startled him and he started breathing again. When we picked him up, he wasn’t breathing. It was so very scary and I am very thankful every day that we had that monitor. The thought of what could have happen gives me chills. It is well worth any penny ever paid for it. Now as a side note, I am not sure if you have called and mentioned this to your child’s doctor, but if not I highly recommend you doing that. For a child to stop breathing in their sleep often something is occurring, unless you think she somehow got suffocated or too hot, etc. With my son we ended up finding out he had sleep apnea and was then put on a different monitor until recently when he was taken off because he has had no more problems. Just wanted to mention to you that you should definitely let her doctor know about this! I am glad your little girl is okay now!! ReplyQuagmire:February 28, 2012 at 1:46 pm (Edit)Hearing ghost voices over my baby monitor!?Occasionally I hear these strange sounds coming from my 10 day old daughter’s babymonitor. I usually put her in her crib during the day when she is asleep, and I will come out here tothe living room and plug her monitor in next to me. It is a good monitor, one of those ultra clear onesfrom Graco that never has much static. You can actually hear the heater going in the background,that is how clear it is. Well the other day I took a shower and I had the monitor plugged in thebathroom, and I got out, I hear a man’s voice mumble something. So of course I darted into herroom, didn’t even take the time to wrap up lol, just to find her sleeping soundly with no one in there.The next day I had my boyfriend’s dad watch her while I ran out to the store, and I came back hesaid he thought he heard a man cough on it!The thing is, we don’t have a house phone, there is no radio in that area, and we don’t haveneighbors in the house next to us.Another thing that freaks me out is before I moved in here a while back, my boyfriend and one of hisfriends did a “ghost hunt” one night. They took a video camera and put it on night vision in the attic,then shut off everything in the house and went to the mall. This was in the winter time when all thewindows were closed and there was no outside noise. Throughout the entire tape, we heard veryfaintly a man having a conversation with himself!What do you think? What are the chances we picked up someone else’s conversation? It is onlyever a man talking!Reply Anonymous: April 4, 2012 at 10:36 pm (Edit) if you have hardwood floors spray baby powder on the floor when you leave the room if there is a ghost or someone in there it will leave footprints. but it is probably just signals floating through the air ReplyRed:March 7, 2012 at 2:33 am (Edit)Will you take a look at my baby registry list and tell me what I need and don’t need?Graco Pack ‘N Play with Posture Plus ChangerGraco Snugride Infant Car SeatJogger StrollerHigh ChairConvertible Car SeatBoppy Cradle BouncerFour Piece Bedding SetDiaper StackerHamperExtra Fitted Sheet BlueMoisture-proof mattress padsNight LightChanging Pad & AccessoriesCrib Gift PackBoppy with CoverDrying Rack5 Pack BibsSteam SterilizerDishwasher BasketBurp ClothsKoala Baby Blue Luxe Baby BlanketCarter’s Flannel Receiving Blanket – FrogCarter’s Sweet Baby Blanket – BlueGerber 2-Pack Thermal Receiving Blanket- Sport Print/ BlueGerber 5-Pack Flannel Receiving Blankets – Sports Print
6. 5 Pack Receiving BlanketsDino Towel 3 PackKoala Hooded Towel & Wash ClothWash Cloths – 8 packInfant TubJohnson’s Bathtime Essentials Gift SetBoudreaux’s Butt Paste – 4oz.Baby Kisses Lip BalmSea Creatures RobeWash Cloths – 8 packWash Cloths – 4 packPampers NewbornPampers Size 1Pampers Size 2Pampers Size 3Disposible Changing Table PadsTravel WipesBig Wipes PackSleep SackOnesiesNewborn (Cotton feeted pajama thingys)0-3 Months (Cotton feeted pajama thingys)HumidifierGrooming SetEar ThermometerDiaper BagBoppy Shopping Cart LinerSnug Rider with MeshDiaper Genie II EliteDiaper Genie II RefillsBaby MonitorHangersCribChanging TableRocker/GliderMattressReply l ll ~_~.: May 27, 2012 at 4:18 pm (Edit) , ~_~. Hi Red - How are you 2?? We happen to love the Genie! But then it was both me & my daughter tending to my Grand daughter. I THINK the ONE THING, I didn’t notice being mentioned is… A BABY WIPE WARMER!!! Imagine it were you @ 2:00 in the morning and some one wiped your lil’tushy with a cold wet clothe!! I think your lil’fella would appreciate it! You 2 take care!! Lillsoma _________ ~_~.  Did anyone mention a swing?? Gotta have a swing!! ReplyTlashay:March 9, 2012 at 12:16 pm (Edit)Has anyone tried the prenatal monitor by Graco?Is it similar to what you hear in the doctor’s office? 19 weeks & trying to hear my baby’sheartbeat! ThanksI already have the monitor. I want to know how strong the heartbeat will be or if that is even what Iam hearing. Not sure about the sounds.Reply Anonymous: March 23, 2012 at 7:54 am (Edit) i have one you can faintly hear the heartbeat depending on positioning of the baby but i personally didnt think it was that great. definetely nothing like the dopler at the doctors. it also works better once you get to 25 wks or more. ReplyMayzie:March 9, 2012 at 11:26 pm (Edit)What is the best baby monitor?I have a Graco and it makes a lot of “white noise”, also goes red on random times anddoesn’t even connect with the baby’s room. I am looking for the most reliable monitor- regardless ofcost. Any suggestions?Reply kissyh14: April 24, 2012 at 3:21 am (Edit) I also have the angel care monitor and it works great. I have never had problems with it. I used it with my daughter 4 years ago and now using the monitor part for my son who is 16 months old now. I used it from the time he was born as well. Basically we have used it for 4 years now and it still works great. Reply
7. ditdit:March 24, 2012 at 7:44 am (Edit)Baby Monitors- how do these things charge?I have a Graco Baby monitor that I am TRYING to use for my 83 yr.old. Mum.When the clip on part is placed in the charger all it does is flash red and beep and incessant beep.Graco has been no help!Reply Linda B: April 25, 2012 at 1:30 am (Edit) I think some of the monitors do the flashing until they are recharged then it will be a steady light. I have a phone that does that also. Just leave it go for like 24 hours and see what it does. Cover it with something to lessen the beeping noise lol… ReplyAnonymous:March 29, 2012 at 10:47 am (Edit)MIL/Baby items/Crib/Ranting?Months ago my mother in law said – ‘Don’t buy anything, I want to buy everything for thebaby’. Which at the time, I thought, AWESOME. We don’t have to worry about buying our baby the bigitems he will need.Now – I am due in 7 weeks. She hasn’t bought any of these ‘big’ items.I have bought a stroller – nothing special – I got it on clearance – $40 – something we can use nextsummer – when he won’t need to be in the carrier.I bought a swing – I love this swing – it turns into a toddler chair. I love the print as well – somethingyou can only buy at Target (or so I have heard). I got this for $10 – regularly $100 – I used gift cards.Also last night – I found a crib at Target on clearance for $80. I couldn’t turn it down. I mean comeone $80!!Anyway – being she said she wanted to buy everything – am I stepping on toes here? Should I notbe buying stuff?She is on vaction out of the country until early Sept. I am due end of Sept.Plus she only wants to buy stuff at Walmart – she works there – gets a discount. And to behonest…. the selection at our Walmart is pretty lame.Again – Am I being rude buying things? I am in the nesting stage and I really want to be ready for mylittle guy.Also – and other ‘big’ items I can tell her to get us?I know we will need acrib mattressbaby monitorhigh chair (for down the road)travel system strollerAlso – while I am here do you like the crib and swing I got?http://www.target.com/Graco-Lauren-Dropside-Convertible-Crib/dp/B000VX9HJ6/sr=1-1/qid=1250196921/ref=sr_1_1/182-0143485-8612936?ie=UTF8&search-alias=tgt-index&frombrowse=0&index=target&rh=k%3Alauren%20graco&page=1Like I said I got the crib for $80.http://www.target.com/Fisher-Price-Swing-Rocker-Woodland-Animals/dp/B001HTPMP6/qid=1250196963/ref=br_1_4/182-0143485-8612936?ie=UTF8&node=1041926&frombrowse=1&rh=&page=1I ended up getting the swing for $10.Sorry – if you actually read this thanks. I know it was random babbling and random questions!Reply Juli: April 17, 2012 at 11:38 pm (Edit) Just let her know what you need and that you were concerned about getting things set-up early, just-in-case, so you got some things while they were on sale. Replyserenityw2004:April 2, 2012 at 1:22 am (Edit)baby monitors for 2 different rooms?I’m having a baby in Feb and my son will be just over 2. I like using a monitor with himstill so that I can be outside and not have to pop my head in at night or during naps to make surehe’s ok. But how can I do this with 2 kids in 2 different rooms? The only multi-room monitor I’vefound is by graco, and the reviews aren’t very good for it. Not good enough to spend $130 on it. But Ican’t put 1 kind in 1 room and 1 in another because they’ll just go to static. Anyone else find a wayaround this problem?Reply Anonymous: May 26, 2012 at 11:02 am (Edit) I have a video monitor by Summer. My sister in law has the same one. When she comes to vist she brings the camera part and we can watch both on the monitor by switching from A to B. You would need one monitor and two cameras. They are expensive though, I think like $150.00. Replyanimal_mother:April 22, 2012 at 4:22 am (Edit)Best Baby Monitors?I’ve read some online reviews for baby monitors and I’ve narrowed it down to the GracoiMonitor w/ 2 recievers (about $90). Does anyone have this, and do you like it?http://www.gracobaby.com/catalog/product.aspx?modelNumber=2795VIB1&CategoryID=13If not, which monitor do you have and would you recommend it to others?Thanks.*Good Sound Quality*Have 1-Sty Home
8. *Would like to be outside while baby is sleeping*Needs to be digitalReply kissyh14: May 3, 2012 at 12:23 am (Edit) I have the Angel care sensory monitors and I really like them because there is no static, you can hear everything, And when they are sleeping you can put the sensor part on so if they god forbid stopped breathing after 20sec it would alarm. Since I use this monitor I could sleep better. yes I do recommend this monitor. I actually try to buy it for any of my friends who are having a baby. ReplyBabygirl:April 29, 2012 at 6:26 pm (Edit)Graco or Chicco baby monitor?I will be moving my baby into her own bedroom and i am looking for a good babymonitor.. i’m trying to decide between graco and chicco.. which would you choose and have u hadany problems with either?Reply Nettle: April 30, 2012 at 9:42 pm (Edit) We use and love the Sony Babycall. Good luck! ReplyMommyOf2:May 2, 2012 at 7:51 am (Edit)Are You Going to use a baby moniter?Just wanted to let all you expectant mothers out there that I found a great sale at Big Lots.I just bought a Graco Digital Color Video Monitor for only $49 that one runs for $199.99 anywhereelse, they also have a Summers Color Video Handheld Monitor that runs for $179.99 and is also$49. The sale ends tomorrow. Isn’t that a great deal=-D Just thought Id let you mommies know.Reply mommy of a premiee: May 20, 2012 at 10:43 pm (Edit) Woo Hoo! I didn’t want to pay $179.99 for the Summer’s video monitor and now I don’t have to. Thanx! ReplyMariposa:May 20, 2012 at 10:50 pm (Edit)Are plain, old baby monitors adequate?I’m being a bit proactive and have decided to educate myself on all these baby gadgets. Ihad a pregnancy that ended in a miscarriage, so even though I was only pregnant a short time, Iremember how stressed I was trying to figure out all of this stuff.So my question is… I thought baby monitors were a dime a dozen. Never knew there were motionsensors, 49 mhz and 900 mhz, video, laptop viewable, etc etc etc. The reviews saying how somemother’s felt their babies lives were saved by the motion sensors got me into “paranoid-mommy-to-be” mode. When I was little, everyone had those Graco, lights when the baby makes noiseversions. Does anyone find that these are perfectly adequate for their babies, or are the motionsensors/video models really a better choice? Keeping in mind that I’m trying to restrain myself fromone day spending thousands of dollars on things a baby will use for a year.Thank you!Reply peking: May 25, 2012 at 1:56 pm (Edit) I didn’t use one – we live in an apartment, were never going to be that far from the baby, I’m skeptical about gagetry, and I had a sixth sense that alerted me whenever my little one had a hiccup in the next room. If I’d had a big house I might have gotten a simple monitor, but I think a lot of these things are designed to separate you from your wallet …and will surely rob you of more sleep than you can afford in general. Just my $.02 – and I know how it feels to be prenatally paranoid. I’m sure I had plenty of my own issues although this wasn’t one of mine. ReplyAnonymous:May 28, 2012 at 8:47 am (Edit)Is there a baby monitor that does not come equipped with the “lose of signal” whichcauses it to beep? ?I would like to modify my existing unit or purchase a unit that does have the continuous beep on theparent unit while the nursery unit is switched off. Can someone help me disconnect this feature onmy Graco Secure Coverage monitor, or st least recommend a monitor WITHOUT this feature?ReplyLaurie M:May 28, 2012 at 10:40 am (Edit)Help with dual baby monitors for 2 children.?I need to monitor 2 children and am having trouble finding two monitors that work
9. together. We have a Graco from our first baby. I bought a Fisher Price for baby #2 and there was lots of interference even with them on two different channels. We tried a second graco, but the interference was even worse. I tried one of the digital that monitors 2 rooms at the same time, but I don’t like that it toggles back and forth between the rooms. (Ok, so I’m a little hyper about hearing everything, but that’s a discussion for another day!) Has anyone had any luck running two monitors at the same time?? Thank you for any help you can give. Laurie Reply Becky M: May 30, 2012 at 12:05 pm (Edit) I have the same problem. I have a blue and white saftey firsrt in my sons room and a fisher price sounds and lights in my daughters. There is a little static, but not much. I hope this was helpful. ReplyLeave a ReplyLogged in as babylover. Log out » Submit Comment