1. Psychology applied to UX
2. 1. What's going on between Psychology and UX?
2. The user as a psychological and social system
3. For example... UXD into Enterprise 2.0
4. It's just the begining
3. 1. What's going on between
Psychology and UX?
4. Psychology → IxD → UXD
5. Donald Norman
6. Persuasive Design
7. BJ Fogg
8. "..as interaction designers, our medium is not technology – it's behavior."
Frog Design - Vice President of Creative
9. Andy Budd
Founding Partner of Clearleft
10. What's happening?
11. 2. The user as a
psychological and social system
12. The digital interactions make the mental world pragmatically more “realistic”
“What is real?”
13. Co-evolution between man and cognitive technologies
14. The cognitive artifact extend
the cognitive processes
15. Extended Mind or extended Psyche?
16. Memory extensions
17. Share knowledge
18. The emotional role of the personal diary
for a teen
19. The social networks expand social dynamics
20. New channels of socialization
21. diffused identity
22. Social Presence
Diffused and co-created identities
23. Human – Machine
Human – Machine – Human
24. The middle earth of interaction is richer of psychological and social variables
25. The UXD has to adapt to the users' mutation
26. New users levels and needs require three different
integrations of competences between Psychology
27. 1. Going beyond Cognitive Ergonomy,
Psychophysiology, Behaviourism and the first
28. 2. The etnographic narration is not enough
29. 3. More Social Psychology, Psychodynamic and
30. It's a matter of granularity
31. Sorry for the psycholanguage...
32. What are the opportunities and challenges
for the Designers?
33. Design more complex psychological and social
34. 3. For example... UXD into the
35. Sociality and knowledge management
36. - Sociality to make collaboration habit
- Aliance between person and professional
- Intrinsic motivations
37. To be users in a network is an experience of
social presence and co-creation of a community
38. The UX Designer has already some new tools and
models to adopt
39. For example...
40. How to enable sociality in a digital space?
41. Social Usability
Social Usability is a quality attribute that assesses how easy social interactions
are to make. The term “social usability” also refers to the methods for improving
the ease of human-human interaction during the design process.
- Emergence of Groups
42. 4. It's just the beginning
43. Let's create research and collaboration spaces
between Designers and Psychologists
44. Gianandrea Giacoma
BJ Fogg – Meet the Media Guru - http://www.flickr.com/photos/meetthemediaguru/3954741258/sizes/o/
Robert Fabricant – PopTech! - http://www.flickr.com/photos/poptech2006/2969780492/sizes/l/
Andy Budd – Kurafire - http://www.flickr.com/photos/kurafire/190014099/sizes/l/
Donald Norman – Cyberdees - http://www.flickr.com/photos/cyberdees/3641655561/sizes/l/
Orangutan – Davidandbecky - http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidandbecky/3956298644/sizes/l/
Grottes de Lascaux Iiv – Davidmartinpro - http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidmartinpro/3605363434/sizes/l/
Spok – S.t.a.r.k. - http://www.flickr.com/photos/estark/125538877/sizes/l/
Middle Earth – Darek_Smid - http://www.flickr.com/photos/darc/313252881/sizes/l/