The only two instances that TIME had changed its iconic red border to some other colour, the green border was to show support for earth day in 2008 andthe black one was in the aftermath of 9/11.
***6.In 1957 two inventors named Alfred Fielding and Marc Chavannes were attempting to create a 3-dimensional plastic wallpaper. Although the idea was a failure, they found that it did make for great packing material and thus Sealed Air Corp. was co-founded by Alfred Fielding in 1960. What product did they develop.
8. X is credited with starting the 5 day work week system with the pay being kept the same as the 6 day work week. X also introduced the 8 hour work day at his plants which are now a widely followed practice for office workers in several countries.
The patent that Apple inc. filed in 1985 for the first ever mobile phone, but after Jobs got fired from Apple the plans for its production got shelved.
10. This company’s musical origins are still reflected today in its logo of three interlocking tuning forks. This company is known for it’s expertise is some other field entirely these days. Id the company.
***12. Karsanbhai Patel used to make detergent powder in his house in Ahmedabad and then travel door-to- door to sell his product. He later established a detergent company named after his daughter. Id the company.
Nirma, he had named it after his daughter Nirupama
13. The _______ Manual of Diagnosis and Therapy often called the ______ Manual is the world’s best selling medical textbook.
16. Roy Raymond was an American businessman who founded X. Raymond, an alumnus of Tufts University and Stanford Graduate School of Business, opened the first store at the Stanford Shopping Center after feeling embarrassed trying to purchase lingerie for his wife in an awkward, public department store environment. In 1982, after five years of operation, Raymond sold off X and started My Childs Destiny, a retail store for children, that went bankrupt in 1986. On August 26, 1993, Raymond committed suicide by leaping off the Golden Gate Bridge at the age of 46. ID X
17. What is surrogate advertising? Keep it very brief, we just want the main idea from you.
Surrogate Advertising is a form of advertisingwhich is used to promote banned products like Cigarettes and alcohol, in the disguise of another product.
***18. Jerker, fukta, fartfull and lykhem are some of their names of the products of this company which has over 12000 products in it’s entire range. These names had to be withdrawn in english speaking countries due to the obvious repercussions, however benign their names may have sounded in their original language.
19. In 1859,Robert Chesebrough went to the oil fields in Titusville, Pennsylvania, and learned of a residue called "rod wax" that had to be periodically removed from oil rig pumps. Chesebrough took samples of the rod wax back to Brooklyn, processed it and began manufacturing a certain medicinal product named X that healed cuts and wounds. The word X is believed to come from German word Wasser meaning water and a Greek word meaning oil. ID X
21. X was first introduced as "Brads Drink" in New Bern, North Carolina, United States, in 1893 by Caleb Bradham, who made it at his drugstore where the drink was sold. Bradham sought to create a fountain drink that was delicious and would aid in digestion and boost energy. Barney Oldfield , an automobile race pioneer, was the first celebrity to endorse X, describing it as "A bully drink...refreshing, invigorating, a fine bracer before a race."
22. Several names were considered for this system when it was created — for instance, ‘Moi’ (mine of information) and ‘Tim’ (the information mine) — and finally, the name with which it is known today was given during the late 1980s. Name it.
23.“I promise that whenever I come within 10 feet of a customer, I will look him in the eye, greet him,, and ask if I can help him”This is famously known as the 10 foot rule.Who insists on the new associates joining his company to take this pledge?
24. X was formed in 1932,when Charles Elmer Doolin, manager of the Highland Park Confectionery in San Antonio, purchased a corn chip recipe, a handheld potato ricer and 19 retail accounts from a corn chip manufacturer for $100, which he borrowed from his mother. Doolin established the business in his mothers kitchen. Doolin and his mother and brother produced 10 pounds of the corn chips per day.Daily sales totaled $8 to $10 and profits averaged about $2 per day. In 1933, the production increased from 10 pounds to nearly 100 pounds due to the development of a "hammer" press. By the end of the year, production lines were operating in Houston and Dallas. X moved its headquarters a to Dallas to capitalize on the citys central location and better availability of raw materials.ID X
***25. Reginald Alfred "Reg" Varney , was an English actor, most notable for his role as Stan Butler in 1970s TV sitcom On the Buses. What is he seen doing in the pic below.
This is the first ever ATM and Reg had the honour of performing the first ever ATM transaction for the Barclays Bank.
***26. X and Y have a tradition of sending cakes every time the other launches a new version. One such cake was delivered to X just yesterday. ID X and Y.
With the launch of Windows 8 at midnightyesterday and hence the launch of IE 10, Mozilla sent them this cake. So X-IE, Y-Mozilla.
***27. This brand name has been coined by using the fist two alphabets of the parent group’s name and a sanskrit word meaning gold coin. Id the brand.
“Ta” comes from TATA and “Nishq” is the sanskrit word meaning gold coin.
***28. X has its servers named after Aishwarya Rai, Bipasha Basu, Riya Sen , Celina Jaitley, Katrina Kaif and a few other Bollywood beauties. These severs are referred to as the beautiful servers. ID X.
***29. One of the first offices of the Student magazine and the Student Advisory Center was the crypt of St.. Johns church, Bayswater Road, London. X writes in his autobiography : "We decided to come up with another name for the mail order business.... slipped disk was one of the favorite suggestions. We toyed with it for a while, until one of the girls leant forward : I know , she said. What about Y ? We are complete Ys at business. And there arent many Ys left around here laughed one of the other girls. it would be nice to have one here in name if nothing else. Great , I decided on the spot. Its Y " ID X and Y