The necessary condition is the state of the research object (set of phenomena, fact and deficient or misunderstood process), depending on an adequate approximation and understanding about reality by the researcher.
Also depends on:
- Reflexive and analytical capacity of the researcher to assure better outcomes and quality.
- Referencing and scenarios.
Perception of deficiencies, limitations, and needs of the reality under study
The problem is the abstraction, by using concepts, theories and scientific/tech laws of the field under study, about the deficiencies, facts or processes, evidences or probabilities, that limit or impede reaching a desirable and feasible state.
It is formulated as a proposition, because it is difficult to make inferences as a question.
It is the external performance of the object that makes the subject explain it.
The major accuracy in the problem, the major possibility to have success in solving the problem.
2. Research Problem Abstraction from the problematic situation based on key words
Statistic contributes efficiently to turn a theory-conceptual situation into factual: variables appear.
Some statistical solved problem could coincide with the variables under study, thus facilitating the viability to verify the Factual Model.
Not only adequate experimental o semi-experimental tests, but also logic demonstrations are recommended to validate the Factual Model.
Workshop or laboratory trial and error essays are very useful for validating the Factual Model.
Contribution Validity = Theory Conceptual Model + Factual Model Verify : (a) experimental o semi-experimental by means of statistics, (b) logic demonstration, (c) workshop/lab
10. The Paper Title The Title appears from establishing relationships or dependency between the interacting variables of the Factual Model: If there is relationship: Monographic Research X X 1 : Relationship between X and X 1 or study of X X X 1 , X 2 : Improvement of X If there is dependency: Empirical Research X Y : Effect of X on Y X Y : Study of interaction between X; Y
11. Research Tasks, Timing and Budget Tasks Time in hours Budget Problematic Situation, Research Problem, Research Object, Specific Research Field, Research Objective, Hypothesis State of the Art 6 Theory-Conceptual Model Factual Model The Paper Title 10 6 2 1
Assessment Rubrics for Technology Research Project Indicator Descriptor Deficient Regular Acceptable Outstanding Title Specific field Objective Hypothesis State of the Art Factual Model Theo & Concept Model Object Problem Problematic situation Name of Project including the variables under study Deficiencies/needs of observable reality Abstraction from problematic situation Abstraction from problem on technology field Subsystem of Object Shifted Object, based on a theory o law Relationship objective and solution of problem Referencing about Object Ideal solution of problem, based on State of the Art Verification of Theo & Concept Model Out of topic Vague idea Understanding idea Concrete idea with variables …
Convergent: agreement of researcher, methodology advisor, and scientific advisor
Discriminant: according to one field of technology
Internal: causal relationship between treatment and outcome
External: transcendental study to be used for referencing
Critical Thinking Abilities Analysis: identify the relationship between BE and MUST BE conditions Self-regulation : self-conscious, self-assessment and self- correction of actions and activities. Explanation: argument and support of own reasoning. Evaluation: judge the trust on sources. Interpretation: understand and express the meaning or importance of the events. Inference: identify the sufficient and necessary conditions to hypothesize.
Standards and Rigor in Technology Research Chicago Style APA Style
It contains sequentially main ideas about each part of the report.
The averaged number of words is 120.
5 to 7 key words must be considered below the summary.
2. The Introduction It includes some comments about the technology research current challenges, the problematic situation, the research problem, the research object, the specific research field, the research objective, the hypothesis, description of research tasks and the introductions of each part of the report.
3. The State of the Art It includes an enlarged and deeper State of the Art of the Project.
4. Theory Conceptual Model It includes an enlarged and deep Theory Conceptual Model of the Project.
It compiles the conclusions of each part of the Project.
8. Future Works It includes a list of the researcher’s proposal for related subsequent works.
9. Referencing It comprises a logic arrangement of references, according to a style for publication, like Chicago, for example.
10. Annex Additional optional information for the reader to verify data and information about the research work.
State of the Art Summary Introduction Artifact/Proc. Conclusions Future Works Referencing Annex Assessment Rubrics for Technology Research Report Sequentially main ideas about the report Definition of research and arranged topics Concrete description of patent Synthesis of shifted Object in each part of report Proposal for related subsequent works Norm and defined style for publication Additional Information Referencing about Object Indicator Descriptor Deficient Regular Acceptable Outstanding Factual Model Theo & Concept Model Ideal solution of problem, based on State of the Art Verification of Theo & Concept Model
Technology means wellness or badness: depends on human being’s prudence. Dr. Cesar Jimenez