2. PROFESSIONAL Gerasimos Perdikaris has driven with vision hotel teams in London, Phuket, Bangkok, Johor Bahru, Kuala Lumpur, Sofia, Belgrade, within SUMMARY flagship properties for the past 23 years. Solid embrained/embodied hotel management knowledge acquired after working for major hotel groups in Europe and Asia, combined with an International hospitality educational background from Glion, Switzerland (Bachelors degree in 1984-87, MBA Online in 2011-2013). Proven hands on business leader, turning around underperforming hotels by focusing on profit margin growth, taking market share from competition and holding costs down. Has learned to operate within very tight financial environments, during challenging periods and yet has always delivered the right value for the shareholders. Fully versed with the standards of global hotel groups, adapting smoothly to different company cultures, work standards. Fully focused on innovative Sales, Marketing & Revenue streams, with solid hotel pre- opening and rebranding experience, with an excellent all round hotel operations background, keeping a very good eye for details and a true passion for the hospitality industry. Blessed with an inner ability to create emotional connections with hotel guests so they return to the hotel stay after stay - this is how added value and product loyalty is created for the shareholders.
3. PROFESSIONAL Always trying to embrace new things in the trade that will enhance the hotel product, a good listener who is eager to build long lasting sincere SUMMARY relationships with guests, business partners, owners, colleagues. Currently studying (over and above his current full-time job responsibilities) for an MBA in the international hospitality and services industry with specialization on Global Strategic Management, Innovation, Marketing, Brand and Product Development (online MBA course from Glion, Switzerland, April 2011 - September 2013).Motivation, hard work, integrity,commitment and personalsacrifices are the key ingredientsto success in the hotel industry…Published in “The Pinnacle ofHospitality Asia” 2005
4. Solid pre-opening, re-branding hotel experience.SPECIALTIES Proven ability to deliver sustainable profits by optimizing RevPAR/GOPPAR, leading to higher EBITDA. Innovative, focused approach on Sales, Marketing & Revenue streams. Extensive international experience in hotel standards and brand management. Global food & beverage background. Successful handling of complex, VIP Conference & Banqueting events. Excellent customer skills. Creative conceptual and visionary thinking. “I am writing to thank you and all your staff for the excellent service …” General Sir Brian Kenny Deputy Supreme Commander
5. Modern hospitality revenue, sales and marketing skills SKILLS Solid pre-opening & rebranding hotel experience Excellent time management to deliver important projects correctly and on time Quality Assurance as QMR in ISO 9001:2000 certification via BVQI Excellent financial“We work with Gerasimos for thepast almost two years and what I reporting & planningcan say for sure is that he is one of Expert in building deepthe best hospitality managers Iever met... What makes him & long businessexclusive is that he is a manager relations with customerswith vision and when we sit and & partnersdiscuss common projects - events,conventions, catering, etc... he Proven team leadershipexactly knows how it will look like & coaching ofand this makes our colleagues at all levelscommunications very easy andprofessional.”Maxim Behar, CEOM3 Communications Group, Inc.
6. General Manager & General Manager DelegateEXPERIENCE Metropol Palace June 2011 – March 2013 BELGRADE, SERBIA Pre-opening & Opening Hotel stage (Hotel opened as of September 2012), Re-branding phase to Starwood as a Luxury Collection Hotel completed, stunning five-star deluxe hotel in the very center of the city, 240 contemporary rooms & suites, 1500 square meters of event space, extensive food & beverage facilities, large & luxurious Spa & Wellness Center, a truly distinguished property with great heritage, history, style & class.
7. General Manager EXPERIENCE Sheraton Sofia Hotel Balkan, A Luxury Collection Hotel, Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc. May 2009 – June 2011 (2 years 2 months) SOFIA, BULGARIA Modern hospitality revenue, sales and marketing skills 5* Deluxe flagship property with 184 luxurious rooms & suites, Voted as STARWOOD FRANCHISED HOTEL IN EMEA FOR 2011, the most prestigious Conference & Banqueting operation in Sofia, situated in the historic Sofia City Centre, adjacent to the Presidents Office building and opposite to the PMs Office. A franchised hotel within the Starwood EMEA division, 100 % compliant with all the required brand standards of Luxury Collection worldwide. Increased by 28 % the hotel’s room night production & the hotels total revenue by 7 % in 2010 and further increased hotel total revenue by 8% in 2011 despite the persistent financial crisis in the“…thank you for the assistance region.and personal engagement with the Implemented new quality menus and F&B concepts through outorganization of the 11th Ball of the hotel thus resulting in an increase of the F&B revenues by 12 %German Economy… in 2010 and delivered a further increase of 18% in the F&B revenues in 2011.Dr. Mitko VassilevPresident of the DBIHK Achieved in 2010 a GOP increase of 4 % by implementing a cost effective plan in all hotel P & L centers followed by an increase by
8. General ManagerEXPERIENCE Sheraton Sofia Hotel Balkan, A Luxury Collection Hotel, Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc. May 2009 – June 2011 (2 years 2 months) SOFIA, BULGARIA Reduced the F&B cost of the hotel by 12 % and the hotel overall payroll cost by 5 % in 2010 followed by a further F&B cost reduction of 5% and hotel payroll reduction of 9% in 2011. Implemented a proper A/R collection strategy and reduced by 22 % the hotel’s A/R ratio in 2010 and by 10% in 2011. In August 2011 hotel has achieved the highest ever score (99% for brand identity, 97% for cleanliness, 85% for product and services, 85% for service culture and delivery, 83% for conditions, 78% for welfare) as part of the Quality Assurance Mystery Audit of Starwood Improved the quality performance (Guest Satisfaction Index) through the Starwood Preferred Guest program by 40 base points for the period 2009 – 2011 (YTD 8.28 VS 2009 7.88).
9. General Manager EXPERIENCE Sheraton Sofia Hotel Balkan, A Luxury Collection Hotel, Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc. May 2009 – June 2011 (2 years 2 months) SOFIA, BULGARIA Re-positioned the hotel to its rightful status of market leader in the very competitive Sofia hotel market in the middle of an economic crisis within the Balkan region. Launched the hotels Social Media strategy via Facebook, Linkedin, Twitter and created a new hotel website that impacted positively the hotels direct bookings by double digits. Based on the Safety, Health & Fire Audit conducted in November 2011on the behalf of Starwood EAME Division by the Clifton Environmental services Company, the hotel was awarded the Silver Standard Award for second time in a row in the period 2009 – 2011. Improved by 20 % the enrollment number of the Starwood“…thank you for the assistance Preferred Guests through initiating an innovative staff to guestand personal engagement with the scheme.organization of the 11th Ball ofGerman Economy…Dr. Mitko VassilevPresident of the DBIHK
10. General ManagerEXPERIENCE Grand Serai Hotel Congress & Spa MITSIS Hotel Group May 2008 - May 2009 (1 year 1 month) IOANNINA, GREECE 5 star Deluxe Hotel, 226 rooms & suites, situated in the heart of the city of Ioannina, the capital of theNorth Eastern region of Greece. The flagship hotel of the MITSIS Group ( 21 Hotels all over Greece). Coordinated and managed successfully well ahead of time the opening of 116 rooms & suites, the presidential suite of the hotel, the opening of the additional 7 function rooms, the pool bar. Created and delivered the concepts of the gourmet Italian restaurant, Spa & Wellness center that opened during the autumn of 2008 and were both received with enthusiasm & very good customer support from the local community. Launched the Sales, Marketing & Advertising plans of the hotel for the second part of the year, resulting in both the ARR and the occupancy of the hotel to increase by 10 % and 5 % respectively.
11. General ManagerEXPERIENCE Grand Serai Hotel Congress & Spa MITSIS Hotel Group May 2008 - May 2009 (1 year 1 month) IOANNINA, GREECE Opened new leisure markets for the hotel, especially for the slower summer months, from the markets of Russia, Israel and Cyprus resulting in higher occupancies.
12. General Manager & Project Director of Complex Renovation and EXPERIENCE Accor Re-branding Ambassador Hotel & Convention Center, Accor Asia Pacific September 2006 - May 2008 (1 year 9 months) BANGKOK, THAILAND A large complex comprising of three 4 star First Class Hotels of 960 rooms and suites spread out in more than 80,000 square meters of commercial space with an extensive Food & Beverage operation including a Royal ballroom for 2500 guests, situated on the prime spot of Sukhumvit Road no.11, a central residential & entertainment area of Bangkok, biggest hotel at the time of AAPC. Managed successfully the first and the second stage of the hotel renovation (September 2006 – May 2008) keeping in line with a budget of US$ 25 million. Despite the very complex projects of renovation, hotel rebranding…we were most favorably and normal hotel operation the hotel managed to maintain as wellimpressed by the high quality. as to increase its average yearly occupancy by 10 % on YTY basisNicholas Zafiropoulos in 2007 and 2008.Ambassador of Greece toThailand
13. General Manager & Project Director of Complex Renovation and EXPERIENCE Accor Re-branding Ambassador Hotel & Convention Center, Accor Asia Pacific September 2006 - May 2008 (1 year 9 months) BANGKOK, THAILAND YTD in May 2008, the hotel (630 available rooms for sale as the rest of the rooms inventory was closed for renovation) was running with an average occupancy of 85 %, and an average YTD GOP of 50 %.…we were most favorablyimpressed by the high quality.Nicholas ZafiropoulosAmbassador of Greece toThailand
14. General Manager/Pre-opening and post-openingEXPERIENCE Accor Branding at Novotel Kuala Lumpur City Center Accor Asia Pacific Division September 2004 - August 2006 (2 years) KUALA LUMPUR, MALAYSIA 4 star Business Class, New “Generation” Hotel of Novotel brand in Asia, 291 contemporary rooms and suites, 3 cutting edge concept restaurants & bars. This trendy hotel is situated within short walking distance to the iconic PETRONAS Twin Towers, right in the middle of the financial, commercial, entertainment and shopping district of Kuala Lumpur. Conducted the hotel pre-opening phase (Sep 2004 – Aug 2005) and achieved successful hotel opening ahead of schedule in Sep 2005.
15. General Manager/Pre-opening and post-openingEXPERIENCE Accor Branding at Novotel Kuala Lumpur City Center Accor Asia Pacific Division September 2004 - August 2006 (2 years) KUALA LUMPUR, MALAYSIA The hotel was nominated by the prestigious Hospitality Asia Platinum Awards 2005/2006 committee for the following awards: a) Best Business Hotel in Kuala Lumpur / Won this award b) Best Hotel Experience c) Best Spa Experience of the Year d) Best Innovative F&B Concept / Won this award e) Best Malay Cuisine Chef / Won this award f) Best Purchasing Department / Won this award
16. General Manager EXPERIENCE Sofitel Palm Resort Golf & Spa Accor Asia Pacific Division August 2002 - August 2004 (2 years 1 month) JOHOR BAHRU, MALAYSIA 5 star Deluxe Hotel, 330 luxurious rooms and suites, 6 restaurants & bars, adjacent to Sofitel Palm Resort stands the prestigious Palm Resort Golf & Country Club with 3 magnificent 18-hole Championship Golf Courses and the PGA Golf Academy with extensive driving range facilities. Improved the financial results of the hotel in 2003 and 2004 consecutively on YTY basis: the hotel occupancy increased by an extra 10% every year, the hotel revenue increased by 18 % in 2003 and 14 % in 2004. The GOP increased by 16 % in 2003 and 12 % in 2004 on YTY basis. Reduced by 55 % the A/R of the hotel on YTD basis in 2003 and by a further 20 % in 2004.“…thank you for the excellentwork together…”The team of Sofitel Palm resort
17. General Manager EXPERIENCE Sofitel Palm Resort Golf & Spa Accor Asia Pacific Division August 2002 - August 2004 (2 years 1 month) JOHOR BAHRU, MALAYSIA In 2004, Sofitel Palm Resort managed to achieve the no. 2 quality result amongst all Sofitel hotels in Asia Pacific from the Sofitel Brand Exigence Audit conducted by a Mystery Shopper (LRA Worldwide), scoring a 94.2% compliance rate in accordance with the Global Sofitel Standards. The hotel also achieved for 4 consecutive quarters between 2003 and 2004, the no 1 result in terms of guests’ complimentary letters sent to Accor head office amongst all Sofitel hotels in Asia Pacific.“…thank you for the excellentwork together…”The team of Sofitel Palm resort
18. Resident Manager/Acting GM, ISO QMREXPERIENCE Novotel Bangkok on Siam Square Accor Asia Pacific Division December 1999 - August 2002 (2 years 9 months) BANGKOK, THAILAND 4 star Business Class, Flagship property of Novotel brand in Asia, 429 rooms and suites, running an all year round occupancy of 82 %, situated right in the middle of the commercial district of Bangkok, very large F&B operation including Conference & Banqueting, with the most innovative Entertainment & night club concept within the extremely competitive Bangkok market. Responsible for: All hotel Operations as well as the Sales & Marketing Division of the hotel Quality Management Representative of the hotel for ISO 9001:2000. Novotel Bangkok on Siam Square was the 1st hotel worldwide to receive this certification (BVQI Certification).
19. Resident ManagerEXPERIENCE Amari Boulevard Hotel & 2 City Lodge Hotels, Amari Hotels & Resorts August 1997 - December 1999 (2 years 5 months) BANGKOK, THAILAND Three First Class 4 star Hotels, 420 rooms & suites, extensive F&B facilities and large Conference & Banqueting department with an extensive outside catering list of clients from the Thai Royal Palace, majority of embassies in Bangkok, prestigious multinational corporations & VIPs. Resident Manager Amari Coral Beach Resort & Spa Amari Hotels & Resorts December 1995 - July 1997 (1 year 8 months) PHUKET, THAILAND 4 star Deluxe, 280 rooms & suites
20. Food and Beverage Director EXPERIENCE The Royal Horseguards Thistle Hotel Thistle Hotels November 1993 - December 1995 (2 years 2 months) LONDON, ENGLAND 5 star Deluxe, 410 rooms & suites, multi awarded Food & Beverage outlets, prestigious Conference & Banqueting operation. Conference and Banqueting Manager Mount Royal Thistle Hotel Thistle Hotels June 1991 - October 1993 (2 years 5 months)“…thank you for your personal LONDON, ENGLANDmost helpful and excellent 4 star First Class Hotel, 750 rooms & suites, very large & popularattention… Conference & Banqueting operation.Paul UngarDistrict Governor RotaryInternational UK
21. Assistant Front of House Manager ( i/c of reservations)EXPERIENCE Royal Lankaster Hotel Rank Hotels October 1989 - June 1991 (1 year 9 months) LONDON, ENGLAND 5 star Deluxe, 440 rooms & suites Military Service Greek National Army September 1988 - September 1989 (1 year 1 month) Compulsory obligation for all male Greek citizens at the time. Served proudly my country for 1 year in the North Eastern region of Greece. Night Duty Manager Royal Lankaster Hotel Rank Hotels February 1987 - September 1988 (1 year 8 months) 5 star Deluxe, 440 rooms & suites
22. English (Full professional proficiency) LANGUAGES French (Full professional proficiency) Greek (Native or bilingual proficiency) Spanish (Limited working proficiency) Thai (Limited working proficiency)EDUCATION Master in Hospitality Management MBA in International Hospitality and Service Industries Management EDUCATION with specialization on Innovation, Marketing and Product Development Glion Institute of Higher Hotel Education, Switzerland Higher Education Diploma of Hospitality and Tourism Management Glion Institute of Higher Hotel Education, Switzerland Certificate, Secretarial course in French Commercial and Secretarial School Montreux, Switzerland Secondary Education First Senior High School Athens
23. HONORS + Sheraton Sofia Hotel Balkan was voted as the Best Starwood Franchised Hotel for Europe, Middle East & Africa for 2011. AWARDS Awarded in 2011 the Certificate of Special Congressional Recognition of the U.S. House of Representatives for his efforts and support of local community initiatives. Nominated for the Annual Award of the biggest online business publication in Bulgaria in the category Business personality of 2011. Selected by the Board of the Glion Institute of Higher Education as Glion MBA Ambassador Voted as the " Greek personality of the year in ASIA / PACIFIC " in 2005 as per the readers/voters of The Pinnacle of Hospitality trade magazine in Singapore, published by the prestigious World Asia Publishing House. Hosted in 2003 & 2004 with great success, the APGA golf tournaments at Sofitel Palm Resort Golf & Spa. Lead as QMR, the Novotel Bangkok on Siam Square hotel team to be the 1ST Hotel in the world in late 2000 to acquire the prestigious ISO 9001 : 2000 certification through BVQI.