3. He was a game changer.But he was not Michael Jordan.
4. He was …
5. The man who brought together EVOLUTION and REVOLUTION
6. The iLEADER The iCEO The iCON
7. The iMASTER
8. Steve Jobs
9. “ Were gambling on ourvision, and we wouldrather do that than make"me too" products. Letsome other companies dothat. For us, its alwaysthe next dream. ” (1984)
10. “ If, for some reason, wemake some big mistake andIBM wins, my personalfeeling is that we are goingto enter a computer DarkAges for about twentyyears. “ (1987)
11. “ I feel like somebody justpunched me in the stomachand knocked all my windout. Im only 30 years oldand I want to have achance to continue creatingthings. I know Ive got atleast one more greatcomputer in me. And Appleis not going to give me achance to do that. ” Steve,released from Apple.
12. “ Do you want to spendthe rest of your life sellingsugared water or do youwant a chance to changethe world? “ A comment he made inpersuading John Sculley tobecome Apples CEO
13. “ You cant just askcustomers what they wantand then try to give thatto them. By the time youget it built, theyll wantsomething new. “ (1989)
14. “ What a computer is to meis the most remarkable toolthat we have ever come upwith. Its the equivalent of abicycle for our minds. “ (1991)
15. “ Being the richest manin the cemetery doesntmatter to me ... Going tobed at night saying wevedone something wonderful... thats what matters tome. “ (1993)
16. “ The products suck! Theres no sex in themanymore! “ On products at Apple, justbefore his return to it(1997)
17. “ Its really hard todesign products by focusgroups. A lot of times,people dont know whatthey want until you showit to them. “ (1998)
18. “ We made the buttons onthe screen look so goodyoull want to lick them. “ On Mac OS (2000)
19. “ It will go down inhistory as a turning pointfor the music industry.This is landmark stuff. Icant overestimate it! “ On the iPod and theiTunes Music Store (2003)
20. “ We think basically youwatch television to turn yourbrain off, and you work onyour computer when youwant to turn your brain on. “ (2004)
21. “ Im the only person Iknow thats lost a quarterof a billion dollars in oneyear.... Its very character-building. “ (2004)
22. “ Our friends up northspend over five billiondollars on research anddevelopment and all theyseem to do is copy Googleand Apple. “ On Microsoft (2006)
23. “ Every once in a while arevolutionary productcomes along that changeseverything. Its veryfortunate if you can workon just one of these inyour career. ... Applesbeen very fortunate inthat its introduced a fewof these. “ Announcing the iPhoneintroduction (2007)
24. “ The reports of my deathare greatly exaggerated. “ (2008)
25. “ Your time is limited, so dontwaste it living someone elseslife. Dont be trapped bydogma — which is living withthe results of other peoplesthinking. Dont let the noise ofothers opinions drown outyour own inner voice. Andmost important, have thecourage to follow your heartand intuition. They somehowalready know what you trulywant to become. Everythingelse is secondary. “ (2005,Stanford)
26. “ Remembering that youare going to die is the bestway I know to avoid thetrap of thinking you havesomething to lose. You arealready naked. There is noreason not to follow yourheart. “ (2005, Stanford)
27. “ The only way to dogreat work is to love whatyou do. If you haventfound it yet, keep looking.Dont settle. As with allmatters of the heart, youllknow when you find it. “ (2005, Stanford)
28. “ Death is the destinationwe all share, no one hasever escaped it. And that isas it should be becausedeath is very likely the singlebest invention of life. “ (2005, Stanford)
29. “ Again, you cant connectthe dots looking forward;you can only connect themlooking backwards. So you have to trust thatthe dots will somehowconnect in your future. Youhave to trust in something— your gut, destiny, life,karma, whatever. “ (2005,Stanford)
30. “ Pixar is the mosttechnically advancedcreative company; Apple is the mostcreatively advancedtechnical company. “ (2005)
31. “ Team, it turned out thatMichael Dell wasnt perfectat predicting the future.Based on todays stockmarket close, Apple is worthmore than Dell. Stocks goup and down, and thingsmay be different tomorrow,but I thought it was worth amoment of reflection today.Steve. “ An indirect answer to Dell(2006)
32. “ I have always said ifthere ever came a daywhen I could no longermeet my duties andexpectations as Apple’sCEO, I would be the firstto let you know. Unfortunately, that dayhas come. “ Resignation letter (2011)
33. “And one more thing...”
34. “ Bottom line is, I didntreturn to Apple to make afortune … and I dont viewwealth as something thatvalidates my intelligence. “ (2000)
35. The entrepreneur who started Apple from scratch. The founder who was outcasted from the company he built. The iLEADER who came back and revived Apple to a $ 300bn company.And led it to #1 in the world by market capitalization.
36. On 5th of October 2011 the world lost one of his best, brightest, bravest, most brilliant, talented, creative and remarkable minds. A MAN who changed our lives.
37. Thank you, Steve!You still live in our hearts!
38. Bye, Mr. Jobs!See you in the “garden of apples”!
39. HONORING STEVE JOBS by http://www.msmarteam.eu/