Accessibility Integration in a Global Customer Website - Scotiabank.com - A Success Story 2/2
- 1,178 views
The redesign of scotiabank.com presented an ideal opportunity to truly embed accessibility into the project and management processes. ...
The redesign of scotiabank.com presented an ideal opportunity to truly embed accessibility into the project and management processes.
This is presentation 2 of 2. There are two presentations in this series and in both presentations we highlight the most important lessons we learned, best practices that worked and the challenges we faced and how to overcome them. However, they do complement each other:
- the 1st presentation speaks to the governance, policies and management process around the project
- the 2nd presentation describes the accessibility tasks undertaken at each SDLC phase
You'll learn how we gained participation from various stakeholders, shared best practices and built accessibility skills throughout the team.
The accessibility team at Scotia was engaged from the very beginning and collaborated with many stakeholders and as a result took the opportunity to build an accessible framework from day 1 by injecting the accessibility requirements and best practices throughout the entire Software Development Lifecycle Cycle (SDLC).
The redesign of a large, national website is a complex undertaking. It is also an opportunity to do accessibility right from the beginning.
The objective of the session is to share lessons learned and practical tips about how to successfully integrate accessibility into a large project. This included:
- the ability to work with multiple teams in parallel or sequentially
- working on standards and best practices with the planning team
- working on technical solutions with the development team
-- Some questions that we answered:
- What is the role of the accessibility team in a large project? Does the role need to adapt and how?
- What are the accessibility policies & standards that apply?
- How do you manage and communicate accessibility standards and technical solutions between the various management, design, development and testing teams?
- Do you have to follow WCAG 2 by the letter? What’s the alternative?
We will provide insight into policy, planning, technical solutions and best practices that we hope will be of great benefit and use to the accessibility community.
- Total Views
- Views on SlideShare
- Embed Views