1. Statements! & Questions?
One story about all communities
2. On Sunday 15th August, 80 people gathered around the
3. and 1 photographer was perched up here.
“We’re doing our bit
on climate change!”
4. we gathered together here
5. on Victoria’s ...
6. Surf Coast ...
a x’s e!
7. in the town of Aireys Inlet. Gr
8. As part of a National Day of action,
9. the campaign message to our
political leaders was this ...
11. our community (like every community) has ...
12. big questions?
13. big questions? and statements
14. Here’s a few of our
Why are governments
scared of putting a
$$ price on Carbon ?
How can our community
contribute more to climate
change policies like transport,
& food security ?
What does a sustainable,
actually look like ?
15. * WaW = Walk against Warming
and some WaW*
Support poor & vulnerable countries to
tackle the impacts of climate change
and invest in sustainable development !
Replace our most polluting
Create new clean jobs &
power stations with clean energy !
Make the polluters pay
by putting a price on carbon !
Guarantee to cut pollution
over the next term of
16. our community (like every community)
has many more ...
18. questions? and statements
19. So, if our leaders (from all parts of community)
are serious about tackling the ...
20. BIG issues?
21. BIG issues? that matter most!
22. then imagine what’s possible if ...
24. and me
25. and we
26. start doing more things
28. going to start doing
29. Justimagine ...
30. The Small Print
Websites to view - http://www.walkagainstwarming.org/ http://themangowakharvest.wikispaces.com/
Photo Credits Photos taken by Paul Greene from the
Slides 3 to 6 - Google Earth top of Split Point Lighthouse
Slides 19 to 23 - istockphoto.com
Slideshow design and story by Geoff Brown
This WAW2010 Event supported by
Environment Victoria and Ecologic
Event managed by Ewan Hanmer and Geoff
Brown from the “Mangowak Harvest” ...
a Transition Community on Victoria’s Surf Coast