I made a few attempts at my Music Magazine front cover in the end I arranged a second photo shoot in the hope of inspiration. I came up with this cover which with my basic photo shop skills I played around with the text and had a main image and a masthead which I liked. When looking back at my front cover I thought it looked a bit bland and so I added a layer of brushes and then changed the opacity. Now I think the cover looks much more interesting and busier.
I cropped the image then had to do some much need research into an idea for my contents page. At this stage I learned about layers on the background to make it more interesting and blending options you can create to an image. I wanted to create a good sense to the reader that Source is 100% involved by using the masthead design for every mention of Source. In titles and text. I tried to have new ideas and make it different and linked the titles with outer pink glows to link to my image.
For my double page spread I wanted to have a lot of photos and small amount of text. I started with a blended background from grey to black and put background shapes around my images to make them stand out and add some colour to the page. When writing the text I wanted to make the bands name stand out from the rest so it is the first thing picked up by the reader. When writing the text I used a lot of outer and inner glows plus shadows to make the content more visible and used it as a way to separate the quotations and text. When adding my final touches I experimented again with brushes making the background more exciting for the reader.