2. What was the Congress of Vienna?
The Congress of Vienna was an international
conference that was called in order to remake
Europe after the down-fall of Napoleon.
3. What are the Countries that took part in the Congress?
4. What were the main intentions?
● They wanted to divided Europe among the winners.
● To create buffer states, that would stop any French
● Create a balance of power that would preserve peace.
● To restore back absolutism
● To abolish liberalism.
5. What were the territories that they divided among the
- Austria: parts of Germany and Italy (Lombardy, Venice,
Parma, Modena and Tuscany)
- Russia: Finland, Poland and Besarabia
- Prussia: Parts of Germany (Saxony, Westphalia and
- Piedmont: Savoy
- The Netherlands: Belgium
- Great Britain: Naval bases (control of seas) and
6. What were the main ideas that the
Congress of Vienna wanted to
The main ideas were Absolutism and Divine