1. Have you ever had something great happen over coffee at a coffeehouse? Lifebushido Presents “ Coffee Stories” www.lifebushido.com/coffee [email_address]
2. A Collection of Stories Written By: YOU! Coffee Stories is a collaborative creative project with contributions submitted via Amazon.com’s Mechanical Turk - a marketplace for work that requires human intelligence. Amazon Mechanical Turk is based on the idea that there are still many things that human beings can do much more effectively than computers , one of them being story telling!
3. How Did This All Begin? Sponsored by Lifebushido.com, Coffee Stories started simply enough: People were asked to share their most memorable experiences they have had over coffee at a coffee house. The response has been strong and the stories being submitted so far are quite amazing …
4. What’s The Goal? Simply sharing the stories for all to read seems a little too easy. The project also encourages creative ideas for business and creative ventures with various media around the stories, starting with a book. The stories being submitted so far are quite amazing … See for yourself!
5. Coffee Stories – Spill The Beans! Some stories are short and sweet … “ Over a cup of coffee I met my current advisor and will someday get a PhD” “ When I was in college, I went to several coffeehouses. I made new friends and had a great time. My best friend met her husband there.” “ One great thing that happened over coffee at a coffeehouse was my husband found out he was going to be a dad.”
6. Coffee Stories – Spill The Beans! Some stories are about inspiration … “ The best things that have happened to me have been related to my writing. I occasionally meet with people much smarter than me, and several times, they've pointed out important problems or provided clever ideas.” “ When I was having coffee at a coffee house, the most brilliant idea struck me. I rushed home and wrote a book. It took me exactly two weeks.” “ I worked regularly on a novel at a local coffeehouse, listening to the music and relaxing in a great writing atmosphere.”
7. Coffee Stories – Spill The Beans! Some stories are about love and romance … “ I met my husband at a coffeehouse. At first, I thought he was the most egomaniacal idiot I had ever laid eyes on, but after a few hours of (extremely hostile) debating, we made plans to meet again- and then two years later we met again- at the altar!” “ My boyfriend took me to a very romantic dinner to celebrate our one-year anniversary. Afterwards, he took me to get coffee and we sat outside and discussed our future together! It was then and there that I knew we would always be together.”
8. Coffee Stories – Spill The Beans! Some stories are about catching up … “ Coffee shops always make me smile because it's where my best friend and I of 20 years reunited after not seeing each other in over 5 years. So I hold a special place in heart for the coffee house.” “ Last summer, my two best friends and I enjoyed coffee and cheesecake after not seeing each other for many months. The atmosphere of the small town coffee shop made us feel like we were kids again.”
9. Coffee Stories – Spill The Beans! Some stories are about opportunity … “ I was at a coffee house having a meeting with my boss. The meeting was for an evaluation. I ended up getting a raise!” “ I am a real estate investor in Colorado and I always meet with other potential investors for coffee. I have had two investors sign contracts to do deals with me. I love the coffee house even more now!” “ I was in a small coffee house with a friend. A woman at the next table admired my bag and asked about it. I had made it and told her so. She owned a nice boutique in town and I got an order for 25 of them. I was $600 richer for having coffee that day!”
10. Coffee Stories – Spill The Beans! Some stories warm the heart … “ My husband was deployed overseas and I was feeling down. This was going to be yet another Christmas my husband would be missing. To cheer me up my little brother took me for coffee. As we sat there talking about past Christmas's of our youth and how it was exciting to see my children's face's when you mentioned Christmas it helped me to feel better. I will always cherish that night at the coffee house with him. Always.”
11. Coffee Stories – Spill The Beans! Some stories are just plain fun! “ My friend and I like to people watch on a busy street from the windows of a coffee house. We talk about the pretty people that walk by and speculate on what their lives are like. It's a great bonding experience and lots of fun.” “ The coffee shop in my neighborhood is a great place to meet up with people. It never fails that I run into three or four people when I'm in there and it's good to just sit and chat with them. Always a fun time.”
12. What to do with the Stories?! We are also asking that you give us your ideas on what to do with this great content – tell us YOUR idea! “ I think this would make a great faux documentary …” “ I think that the concept most lends itself to a book …” “ I think some of these stories could be turned into commercials …” “ I How about printing them up as a pack of coasters for coffee shops to use?”
13. How You Can Get Involved Here is what you can do to make your mark on this unique project Go to http://turkshido.wikispaces.com/Coffee+Stories for an overview of the project, a free ebook PDF of some of the stories, and for updates on evolving content We would LOVE your thoughts (and stories!) More info on getting involved at: http://turkshido.wikispaces.com/Getting+Involved+with+Coffee+Stories Sign up for updates here http://turkshido.wikispaces.com/Coffee+Stories+%E2%80%93+Sign+Up+for+Email+Updates Brought to you by: www.lifebushido.com /coffee [email_address]