1. SFIA PROFESSIONALSKILLS ASSESSMENTA unique process of comprehensive assessment based on the SFIA Framework.This robust methodology completely enhances the recruitment process, and provides detailedassessment results allowing employers to make the right appointment quickly, and ultimatelyincreasing retention.If you would like any further information on how this has worked for other organisations and how itcan benefit you please contact: UKfirstname.lastname@example.org. We will also be presenting at the SFIAconference outlining how the SFIA Professional Skills assessment has developed, and showcasingspecific examples of its success with key clients.Background on SFIAEssentially SFIA provides standardised definitions of information technology skills and levels. SFIA makes aclear distinction between skills and technological matters; does not contain technobabble; is compatible withyour way of working; is not tied to any group of products; can be understood by technical managers and HRmanagers. Use of SFIA will help you create a common language of IT skills development and deployment,so as to improve communications between IT staff, management, HR and stakeholders.SFIA defines 96 professional IT skills, organised into six categories, each of which has severalsubcategories. It also defines seven levels of attainment, each of which is described in generic, non-technical terms. Each skill has an overall definition, and an “at-level” definition for each of the levels atwhich it can be recognised.Hudson IT and Validateskills have joined forcesto develop the SFIA Professional Skillsassessment. It is currently being used byHudson, who have recently trialed themethodology with their clients in order tosuccessfully recruit senior level IT positions.Combining Hudsons recruitment expertise, withValidateskills online assessment capability wecan map the job descriptions to the SFIA codesand supply our clients with detailed assessmentresults. This allows employers to make informedappointments above and beyond the usualassessment of core competencies.
2. SFIA PROFESSIONALSKILLS ASSESSMENTIn short, Hudson have been an accredited partner to SFIA for 8 years, we are one of the only Recruitmentcompanies in the UK and Globally with this association and were recently invited to present at the SFIAConference on how we are now integrating SFIA with IT recruitment.We have developed a globally unique professional skills assessment tool and methodology for clients touse within their recruitment process, we’ve recently trialed it with four different organisations and are nowlooking to launch the product.SFIAs intellectual content comes from a broad open consultancy process, focused on the practicalmanagement of IT professionals in the workplace.It is a serious management tool produced by experienced managers and practitioners in informationtechnology. SFIA is used in over 100 countries.SFIA: Supports management systems in corporations, governments and charities Defines membershipgrading in professional bodies Provides mappings for well-known certification bodies such as ISACA andCompTIA Is used as a guide by training companies Underpins curricula at Universities.To give an idea of scale, circa 80% of the UKFTSE companies are implementing SFIA within their ITpractices, within the Public Sector it’s wholesale – this is being been done mainly through L&D and HRhowever Hudson are approaching this from a recruitment perspective.We firmly believe this new approach will become common for IT recruitment and Industry leaders havebeen extremely supportive of what we’re trying to achieve. In terms of Industry validation that includesThe SFIA Foundation which is a not-for-profit organisation which has five corporate members:• The Institution for Engineering & Technology - The IET• The Chartered Institute for IT - BCS• The IT Service Management Forum - itSMF• The Institute for the Management of Information Systems - IMIS• e-skills UK - UK Sector Skills Council for ITThe Hudson ApproachSFIA can be used in many situations because it is a component that fits into any approach. SFIA providesthe professional skills part of the Capability Mix. However, SFIAs Generic Level definitions also provideexcellent guidance to the sort of business and behavioral attributes that enable employees to work at higherlevels.Professional skillsBusiness process improvement and Database design are just two examples of almost 100 fundamentalprofessional IT skills defined by SFIA.Behavioral skillsHudson Talent Management Products would fit this area of assessment, particularly Hudson 5+1 andHudson BAQ.
3. SFIA PROFESSIONALSKILLS ASSESSMENTExperience and qualifications, TechnicalThese validate the individuals capability. Qualifications certify elements of skill or knowledge; experiencegives practical demonstration of capability. The right sort of experience also acts as a powerful force forlearning, thereby enhancing capability – Hudson are using Techchek to test a candidates TechnicalKnowhow.Professional SkillsKnowledgeBehaviour SkillsExperience,Qualifications&CVEvaluation
4. SFIA PROFESSIONALSKILLS ASSESSMENTTO DO – (some of this is done)• Decide on a Product name – drill down onto what the proposition really is• Confirm who will be trained to use and sell this proposition• Formal costings – how much do we offer this product for and how do we measure it’ssuccess – does it have it’s own P&L line in each IT Business, similar to Client paidAdvertising ?• Do we need to protect ourselves with some from of formal agreement between Validate andHudson ?Marketing Requirements• Help in developing marketing input - support on proposition development for internal and externaluse – Inc. language, positioning, sales collateral (Inc. case studies).• Agree a timeline of activity - soft and focused approach to market, building up to somebroader external launch activity once all of the internal work is in place.--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
5. SFIA PROFESSIONALSKILLS ASSESSMENTAbout HudsonHudson is a global talent solutions company with expertise in leadership and specialised ITpermanent and contracting recruitment. We believe in working closely with you to help you solveyour toughest people challenges. Our business and market knowledge, together with our proprietaryassessment tools, helps us deliver the right talent for your business. Our extensive country presenceand on-going relationship with millions of specialised professionals worldwide — and across a widerange of functions and industries — allows us to provide you with talent solutions, quickly andefficiently.
6. SFIA PROFESSIONALSKILLS ASSESSMENTAbout HudsonHudson is a global talent solutions company with expertise in leadership and specialised ITpermanent and contracting recruitment. We believe in working closely with you to help you solveyour toughest people challenges. Our business and market knowledge, together with our proprietaryassessment tools, helps us deliver the right talent for your business. Our extensive country presenceand on-going relationship with millions of specialised professionals worldwide — and across a widerange of functions and industries — allows us to provide you with talent solutions, quickly andefficiently.