You have heard from the other speakers on Advertising, PR and Networking….Now what?I will talk to you today about: Combining Efforts, Bridging the Gap, Going Public and Networking online.
Our Philosophy is not adopted by too many individuals within the Social Media World, we stick out among the few because we are results driven. Something to look for when evaluating someone who claims to be a Social Media Expert or who does Social Media for clients
To bridge any Gap takes two things, 1) A bridge and 2) a mode of transportation to get from one side to the other.Our bridge is a strategy and our mode of transportation is Social Media. With Facebook having over 600 million users and growing your potential reach is incredible, beyond what anyone ever expected.You have to put in the effort and time for it to work thoguh.
Anything you do I suggest you follow a few steps:ResearchBuild a strategyImplement your strategyTrack ResultsEvaluate
When you meet someone at a networking event, why not look for them on LinkedIn, Facebook or Twitter?Is your life so separate that you are one person while networking and another while at home?Or do you not know what to do once you connect with them online?Most people do not move because of fear or a lack of understanding.People are afraid of social media because of a lack of understanding, no one is out there educating people properly.Not every Social Media presenter should be presenting.
The breakfast is a good way to meet a lot of people, they usually approach you.The mixer is really a broad event, many different businesses taking advantage of a free event.Late lunch is a great way to get to know people, it is limited to 50 people so it’s a little more intimate.
I recently went to a seminar where one of the speakers stated, “There are no experts in Social Media.” I would completely disagree. In my opinion for someone to make that kind of a statement they are showing there lack of understanding of Social Media. Just because you are on a Social Network does not mean you are having any impact on your business. There are ways to get results, sales and referrals but it takes skill, strategy and guidance. The experts are only the people who have studied more and have a skill set in a particular field. For example: a doctor is only a doctor because he has studied his or her field more than you.
1. Social Media Marketing<br />Connecting All The Pieces<br />
2. Connecting Pieces<br />Affordable Advertising<br />Public Relations<br />Networking Offline<br />What’s Next?<br />Combining Efforts with Social Media<br />Bridging Affordable Advertisements<br />Being Public with Public Relations<br />Offline and Online Networking<br />
3. Combining Efforts<br />What is Social Media?<br />Social media is a term used to describe the type of media that is based on conversation and interaction between people online Wiki-pedia.com<br />There are more than 850 Social Media sites also called Social Networks, the ones we will discuss are Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, YouTube, Blogging, Yelp & Foursquare.<br />Our Philosophy is based on a concept called Social Media Marketing. We believe that Social Media is one element within your marketing strategy, working synergistically with all of your marketing efforts to increase your overall results.<br />
4. Bridging Affordable Advertisements<br />Bridging the Gap between Social Media and Affordable Advertisements<br />Taking all your advertisement artwork, language and discounts online<br />Upload your advertisements onto your Facebook Page, link it to your Twitter Profile and LinkedIn account<br />Passing on the savings from offline to online increases your impact<br />Example: Groupon<br />
5. Being Public with Public Relations<br />Apply the same principals here as you would with the advertisements<br />Take all Public Relations from offline to online, whether you do it yourself or hire professionals<br />The potential for impact increase with every network you post on<br />
6. Offline to Online Networking<br />Build a Strategy<br />Offline Strategy<br />Who will you talk to?<br />How many people will you talk to?<br />How much information will you gather?<br />What information will you gather?<br />Online Strategy<br />Which Social Networks will you sign up for?<br />Why do you want to sign up for them?<br />What will you do o them?<br />
7. Up Coming Events<br />April 14th Rocklin Chamber Breakfast7:30am to 9:00am at Whitney Oaks Golf Club<br />April 20th Rocklin Chamber Mixer 5:00pm to 7:30pm at Wave<br />April 27th Rocklin Chamber Late Lunch 1:00pm to 2:30pm at Chuggers (50 people)<br />
8. Do It Yourself vs. Expert<br />DIY<br />SM Expert<br />Learning on your own<br />Time for research<br />Mistakes<br />You will make a few mistakes which can be costly<br />Guiding yourself<br />No strategic Strategy<br />Knows SM & Stays on top of changes<br />Ability to give guidance & structure<br />Strategic Strategy for your business<br />When going into a dark room would you rather go in with or without a flashlight?<br />