Clinical applications of lung ultrasonography in the
intensive care unit
1. Diagnosis of pulmonary consolidation.
2. Diagnosis of atelectasis
3. Diagnosis of alveolar-interstitialsyndrome
4. Differentiating between pulmonary oedema and ARDS
5. Differentiating between pulmonary oedema and COPD
6. Diagnosis of pulmonary embolism
7. Diagnosis of pneumothorax
8. Diagnosis and estimation of volume and nature of pleural effusion.
9. Diagnostic and therapeutic ultrasound-guided thoracentesis.
Absent lung sliding
Exaggerated horizontal artifacts
Loss of comet-tail artifacts
Broadening of the pleural line to a band
The key sonographic signs of